PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Forum

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Surely people shouldn't be allowed to spam in it like they are doing, it should be for serious congratulations instead of all these pointless threads where people just say congratulations to themselves for no reason... I know there is no post count but still really annoying and pointless..

Wayne
04-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I agree. It should be congratulations for things to do with HxF and stuff in personal life like passing your driving test or passing A-levels.

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe adding a post count and just have somebody to monitor it for spam would be good? Unless you intended it to be spammed up? At least when the Congratulations were in feedback they were serious...

leah
04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, we shouldn't be allowed to spam in it. We should get post count.

Immenseman
04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm sure the threads will be removed later, or closed at least.

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Not good enough IMMENSEMAN!!! :P kidding... Maybe they will if so you can all disregard my disgruntled thread :)

Immenseman
04-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm merely assuming they will, it obviously wasn't created for people to spam in. I don't know exactly why it was created because congratulation threads are quite content in this forum.

Slowpoke
04-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Thing is though unless there's a post count it's basically a spam forum - I really don't understand why there is no post count in there.

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:47 PM
It was to do with people actually congratulating people rather than just doing it for postcount but it has backfired and people are now just congratulating pointless things in order to spam up the forum...

Slowpoke
04-11-2008, 10:50 PM
It was to do with people actually congratulating people rather than just doing it for postcount but it has backfired and people are now just congratulating pointless things in order to spam up the forum...

Then we may aswell take the post count out of the welcome section too; hell, we may aswell remove it from the whole forum. I think it's silly, no other forum is so strict about post counts! :@

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
lol true true :(

CHA!NGANG
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I agree too. I see why there is no post count there as it isn't really going to be used for discussion, just a few words from each post such as Well done, however, it is getting abused quite a bit and there are a lot more spam threads in there. When someone does get a promotion and a thread is made, chances are it will just get pushed down the list by spam threads.

Yoshimitsui
04-11-2008, 10:53 PM
It just needs a general rule setting to it to be honest, so that if people do abuse it then they wil have gone against the ruling forserious threads only and will be dealt with like any other rule break.

clueless
04-11-2008, 10:54 PM
The excitement will die down eventually lol

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:55 PM
It just needs a general rule setting to it to be honest, so that if people do abuse it then they wil have gone against the ruling forserious threads only and will be dealt with like any other rule break.

Thats a good idea, but surely this should have been thought of before the (I think) rushed introduction of this new forum... It was rather abrupt as usually the big cheeses will take weeks to decide on a new forum..

mat64
04-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Set a rule so the first post must contain a link to the annoucement/event it's relating to? If there's no link then the thread get's closed with a note asking for them to recreate it with a link to the source. Something like that should work I reckon.

-Eyeless-
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Also allow for serious congratulations like A - Levels etc...

Mr.OSH
04-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm in agreement with this. :) Hopefully we can get some sort of firm rule set out as it shouldn't be used as a spam forum. Thanks for your feedback!

MissAlice
04-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Surely people shouldn't be allowed to spam in it like they are doing, it should be for serious congratulations instead of all these pointless threads where people just say congratulations to themselves for no reason... I know there is no post count but still really annoying and pointless..

Yeah you are right. The idea of that forum came from this thread, and here you can see the idea behind it: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=518839

When Nvrspk4 posted the announcement it did clearly say there was no post count, so maybe some members think there is lol ;)

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5254468&postcount=6

I would like to see it put to good use, and hoped that those creating threads just for the fun of it, would have their threads moved to spam :P

Coldplay
04-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I was going to post this exact thread, but then got sidetracked.

It's stupid that people are posting stuff like;

"Congratulations to me for fitting into old pants"

Thats just ridiculous.

Yoshimitsui
04-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Also allow for serious congratulations like A - Levels etc...

It's only habbo/habbox related due to it being in the Help/questions/feedback for Habbox.

Cwmbran
04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah you are right. The idea of that forum came from this thread, and here you can see the idea behind it: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=518839
Was just about to go looking for this thread, thanks. :P

I have to say its nice to see my idea put into place but I think it's been poorly executed. It doesn't seem like much thought has been put into any rules for the forum.

I agree that people should not be spamming it with pointless threads such as "Congratulations to me for being amazing".

Threads with something genuine like the members of the month and new jobs also for any member that has passed a driving test or been accepted into a university, stuff like that would be nice to see in the forum. But it needs to be monitored and rules put into place.

nvrspk4
05-11-2008, 12:30 AM
In all honesty, for the moment we will obviously lock and move pointless threads, but in this case I am going to hope that the members prove themselves mature enough to be able to use that forum without needing a rule to tell them what is appropriate and what is not.

If that ends up not being plausible then we will have a rule for the forum stickied at the top :)

Earthquake
05-11-2008, 04:50 AM
Well for one, I won't be using that thread, I'm going to continue to use the Habbox feedback section to congratulate members of staff/members who resign.

Its feedback, the new forum is pointless stupid.

H0BJ0B
05-11-2008, 07:27 AM
With all due respect, nvr said it himself:

"This is for all kinds of congratulations, from new jobs, to promotions, to birthdays, to graduations! You name it, it can go here (alternatively it can go in the Spam Forum, but that's not as much fun!)"

nvrspk4
05-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Well for one, I won't be using that thread, I'm going to continue to use the Habbox feedback section to congratulate members of staff/members who resign.

Then your posts will probably get moved to that forum :P

If people pass things like drivers tests that can go in congratulations, there's a reasonable standard, getting a 90 on a paper doesn't elicit a congratulations test nor does passing a regular test but a driver's test is important. Winning a soccer match isn't important but winning your county tournament might be.

friday
05-11-2008, 07:48 AM
i agree tbh

Cwmbran
05-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Oh not leaving... Shame.

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't anything else that is everyday life fit into alot of the forums that are allready in existence, being that is what they are there for. People are just going to use it becuase they feel they can get one up above the rules and attempt to beome mr funny guy. Of which several have all ready tried to do.

I think it should only be habbo/habbox related.

-Eyeless-
05-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Wouldn't anything else that is everyday life fit into alot of the forums that are allready in existence, being that is what they are there for. People are just going to use it becuase they feel they can get one up above the rules and attempt to beome mr funny guy. Of which several have all ready tried to do.

I think it should only be habbo/habbox related.

Good point, I think someone passing a driving test can post in transport, someone passing a school exam can post in Education and so-on...

The Professor
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
The excitement will die down eventually lol

We can only hope!

Was just about to go looking for this thread, thanks. :P

I have to say its nice to see my idea put into place but I think it's been poorly executed. It doesn't seem like much thought has been put into any rules for the forum.

I agree that people should not be spamming it with pointless threads such as "Congratulations to me for being amazing".

Threads with something genuine like the members of the month and new jobs also for any member that has passed a driving test or been accepted into a university, stuff like that would be nice to see in the forum. But it needs to be monitored and rules put into place.

I think we (stupidly) didn't consider that people would be immature enough to take the piss and spam the forum with rubbish. Its a real shame we should have to even consider that but there you go :(

Agreed though, it does need careful monitoring while it's still a novelty and The oh-so-mature members have their fun with it.

With all due respect, nvr said it himself:

"This is for all kinds of congratulations, from new jobs, to promotions, to birthdays, to graduations! You name it, it can go here (alternatively it can go in the Spam Forum, but that's not as much fun!)"

Wow, completely scanned over that one :P Given the intention of the original idea, which was to clear the feedback forum of congratulations threads for habbox based stuff, that doesn't seem to be the best implementation, but we shall see, maybe it could work :)

Cwmbran
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I think we (stupidly) didn't consider that people would be immature enough to take the piss and spam the forum with rubbish. Its a real shame we should have to even consider that but there you go :(

Agreed though, it does need careful monitoring while it's still a novelty and The oh-so-mature members have their fun with it.

It would be nice not to have specific rules enforced in that forum but there is always going to be immature people thinking they are the next Billy Connelly and posting stupid threads in there.

As said before it'll die down soon enough and then maybe you could have a trial period without any specific rules placed in that section to see what happens.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!