PDA

View Full Version : SMS to PayPal soon possible!

iUnknown
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Hello,

I have been developing a new business recently, and it is almost complete.

The website is called SMStoPayPal (http://smstopaypal.com) and it will be offering a service where you can add credit to an account with us by SMS, and then have that money sent to your PayPal account.

It's simple really, you pay a certain amount, and get a little less. You get the amount you pay, minus network charges and SMS transaction charges and a little commission.

It's almost ready to go, but I'm just working on a last bit of the coding of some of the SMS to account stuff (before anyone offers, I don't need any help thanks ;)).

I'm posting it on HabboxForum just so I can introduce the idea to you guys as I know many of you will appreciate this service. I'm hoping to have it up and running within a few days.

Comments welcome.

Thanks.

friday
06-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Defo use.

Josh-sama
06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a good service. Will you charge for this? Does Paypal know?

Swinkid
06-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I would contact paypal before you go ahead with this. But i would deffo use this as it would be easyer to buy stuff over the web.

Good luck with this, i know your trusted ALOT.

Thanks, Swinkid

Turbocom
06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
This is against there tos.

Excellent2
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
How is this actually possible? I'd love to know :P

iUnknown
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Please point me in the direction of what in their TOS this is breaking.

Source
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM
In theory a good idea, as long as you don't pocket overly much (it will put people off)

Regards to the logo... that's god damn awful, just old, bad colors etc... Anyway, its the service that matters.

iUnknown
06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
If you could do better, let me know. I needed it done as soon as possible and the first person who contacted me regarding it (after the adding to MSN stage) got the job. I like it, if you can do better, let me know and send me some previews.

An example of one of the payments is £3.50 will get you £2 in PayPal. Another would be £6.25 gets you £4. So they aren't bad rates and we still make money from them.

Swinkid
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
How is this actually possible? I'd love to know :P

Works like a checkout when you buy something on the web, all ran by PHP. :)

Jackboy
06-11-2008, 10:15 PM

AInt

I would contact paypal before you go ahead with this. But i would deffo use this as it would be easyer to buy stuff over the web.

Good luck with this, i know your trusted ALOT.

Thanks, Swinkid

You don't need permission because all you are doing he is doing is sending them money from his paypal when they pay him, whats wrong with that?

Trinity
06-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds like a good site, and the rates aren't too bad either, definitely not high enough to put me off anyway.
But there must be a reason why there isn't already a site that does this.

iJoe
06-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Will this be able to work like GL pay? So sites can use them for products?

craigg.
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I wont use but the rates are quite high. your pocket £2.50 and wont the network charge add on top of that anyway?

good luck with the site anyway I hope it works out.

iUnknown
06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
I think there is no site like this already because until recently it wouldn't be very easy at all to get such brilliant rates (as they go) and make a decent amount of money from it.

I have honestly read through the TOS and can't find anything denying what I'm doing.

UniqueHabbo
06-11-2008, 11:34 PM
sounds hot

friday
07-11-2008, 07:13 AM
How long ?

iUnknown
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
If all goes to plan later today, maybe saturday or if not, sunday... but I may have to wait until monday if it doesn't open later today so I'm not too sure...

Calon
07-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a good service, but I won't be using because I have a topupcard.

Protege
07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
The idea sounds great but sounds like money laundering to me but I'm probably wrong.

RYANNNNN
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
paypal won't like it, and even if it isn't in their tos they can still take your website down because you have their trademarked name in the domain

J0SH
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
PayPal already have this feature? I sent like a few pounds worth of credit to my PayPal account before, I don't know if they removed it though.

Jordy
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
PayPal already have this feature? I sent like a few pounds worth of credit to my PayPal account before, I don't know if they removed it though.No I believe you can send money on Paypal on your mobile but not send it from your phone credit.

iUnknown
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
The idea sounds great but sounds like money laundering to me but I'm probably wrong.

Money laundering?! Not at all....

PayPal already have this feature? I sent like a few pounds worth of credit to my PayPal account before, I don't know if they removed it though.

No I believe you can send money on Paypal on your mobile but not send it from your phone credit.

That's correct.

RYANNNNN
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Money laundering?! Not at all....

actually you could easily use the service you're offering to money launder, might as well forget about the idea because no way are paypal going to let you run this

Jackboy
07-11-2008, 06:27 PM
actually you could easily use the service you're offering to money launder, might as well forget about the idea because no way are paypal going to let you run this

Hes doing nuffin wrong?

All he is doing is charging people for the service.

The Service
Him sending money from his account to theirs.

Wether it is done through PHP automatically or not is up to Guy.

Experting
07-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I would use it but i bet the rates are like £2.50.

Pazza
07-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I would use it but i bet the rates are like £2.50.
Read..

iUnknown
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
It's done automatically up to the sending of the funds on the PayPal. As the funds aren't sent automatically, this gives us a good opportunity to check for fraud. We will be using the maxmind fraud protection service and will do further checks ourself before sending the funds.

In a way, what you are saying about the money laundering is possible, however, the mobile networks would be responsible for this.

Protege
07-11-2008, 07:04 PM
How are mobile networks responsible for money laundering, you're the middle man transfering funds to a PayPal account from a "unknown" source.

Excellent2
07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't think I'll use it as the rates seem a bit high.

iUnknown
07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
How are mobile networks responsible for money laundering, you're the middle man transfering funds to a PayPal account from a "unknown" source.

We are paid by the mobile networks.

RYANNNNN
07-11-2008, 08:01 PM
We are paid by the mobile networks.

lol :rolleyes:

doesn't matter, you're responsbile for moderating the service you provide

Experting
07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't think I'll use it as the rates seem a bit high.

Yep i second that!

iJoe
07-11-2008, 09:02 PM
lol :rolleyes:

doesn't matter, you're responsbile for moderating the service you provide

No he means its not an unknown source of money, its coming from the networks.....

Nobody really has an argument against him... GL pay do this, Onebip do this... there are loads of sites offering this, he is just offering it but where you pay yourself and not other people paying. :eusa_wall

RYANNNNN
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
No he means its not an unknown source of money, its coming from the networks.....

Nobody really has an argument against him... GL pay do this, Onebip do this... there are loads of sites offering this, he is just offering it but where you pay yourself and not other people paying. :eusa_wall

please link me to a site offering the service the op is offering

Lycan
08-11-2008, 07:25 PM
You're Handling money - Recieving one type of money and exchanging it with another ... The Rules arn't as simple as you believe they are. I suggest looking up the legal side before going any further. as i said in my first post.. these legal reasons and other rules you have to go by were a reason and the other person who posted about it decided not to go into it

Titch
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
It's done automatically up to the sending of the funds on the PayPal. As the funds aren't sent automatically, this gives us a good opportunity to check for fraud. We will be using the maxmind fraud protection service and will do further checks ourself before sending the funds.

In a way, what you are saying about the money laundering is possible, however, the mobile networks would be responsible for this.

The mobile services are not responsible for it, and for this reason paypal will say no and attempt to stop any involvement of their service being used with this. I done my research and spoke to several people who work in law and a few who work in banking service and every time i came to this problem, Unless you organize a full meeting, face to face with the CEO of paypal and sorted something out with protection offered by them (which would never happen) and some sort of anti fraud system, i am afraid the relaity of this is, you wont be able to do it. There are also several other legal problems than you may find along way and i would be happy to give you details of them if you want, just pm me asking.

The other big problem is handling money, unless you have 100% safe system by law the goverment can close you down at any time, and they will do unless you can prove their are no flaws in your system and the first flaw in your system will be money laundering.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!