PDA

View Full Version : Rare Values

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I coded a new set of rare values yesterday, and just wanted some opinions on them. Please don't flame this thread, and rate /10

Link: http://habbdance.net/values/index.html

Calon
08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I coded a new set of rare values yesterday, and just wanted some opinions on them. Please don't flame this thread, and rate /10

Link: http://habbdance.net/values/index.html

I don't understand..

You've just uploaded the images..

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't understand..

You've just uploaded the images..
:S no? I changed the script a bit, I added the images, the tooltips.. etc

Calon
08-11-2008, 01:43 PM
:S no? I changed the script a bit, I added the images, the tooltips.. etc
Oh, never noticed.

Not that keen on it, sorry.. That tooltip is from vpswow.

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh, never noticed.

Not that keen on it, sorry.. That tooltip is from vpswow.
No.. dynamic drive.

EDIT: Just looked at vpswow. I think you mean these: http://vpswow.com/site/plans.html
It's not that similar :p

L?KE
08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I think it's alright.

It's just an example of styling I assume, as it's not dynamic, they're all 5 :P

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks, and it's just beta. I can't put images in the tooltips (the rare, and up/down) so if anyone can help, appreciated ;]

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah.. that's amazing.. you pasted a free script in on a static page..

What do you expect from us? *clap clap*?

Maybe when you make it actually work good, and dynamic, and look a little better.. you should post it.. because right now it's like looking at a page with a few images.. which it is.

hamheyelliot
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
It's good, it just needs some Theming. Wouldn't it be pretty hard to update though?
You'd have to go through each and every tooltip, wouldn't you?

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
It's good, it just needs some Theming. Wouldn't it be pretty hard to update though?
You'd have to go through each and every tooltip, wouldn't you?
Yeah, I'm gunna ask my friend Reece if he can make me like a database, he's like a php wiz :]

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
You obviously picked up the idea from HHGS.net/values...

Nereo
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
It looks horrible :(

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
You obviously picked up the idea from HHGS.net/values...
Lol! That was just really completely wrong. How are they even similar? There both rare values?

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Lol! That was just really completely wrong. How are they even similar? There both rare values?
They're not similar.. his looks good, yours looks like ****.

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
They're not similar.. his looks good, yours looks like ****.
Honestly kid, you have anger management problems. Your all worked up over my values. I can't post in a thread without someone like you criticizing me. It's really annoying so please just stop...

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/57164cbd102f732lul.png
Its fairly obvious you stole the idea, Although its not really stealing. But then again you are making out like you thought of the idea LOL.

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/57164cbd102f732lul.png
Its fairly obvious you stole the idea, Although its not really stealing. But then again you are making out like you thought of the idea LOL.
What the hell are you talking about. What is similar there?

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Honestly kid, you have anger management problems. Your all worked up over my values. I can't post in a thread without someone like you criticizing me. It's really annoying so please just stop...

Calling me kid..? Ha. I'm probably quite a few years older then you ;)

It's not "anger management problems"... it's called criticizing your work... if you don't like criticism, then don't post.. that simple. ;)

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Both using javascript to view values?
EDIT: That stable thing we had on our last version which was replaced by 'how rare'
LOL didnt notice that.

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Calling me kid..? Ha. I'm probably quite a few years older then you ;)

It's not "anger management problems"... it's called criticizing your work... if you don't like criticism, then don't post.. that simple. ;)
Ok sir this is not constructive criticism:

Maybe when you make it actually work good, and dynamic, and look a little better.. you should post it.. because right now it's like looking at a page with a few images.. which it is.

All that is saying is basically 'You suck'.

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok sir this is not constructive criticism:

All that is saying is basically 'You suck'.

It is saying 'You suck'.. because you haven't done anything to prove that you don't..

You pasted a free script..

Maybe if you would read over my post, with the thought of constructive criticism, you could point out:

-- Maybe he means, develop my own tooltip integration instead of using one from a free website.

-- Maybe he means developing the page to be more then just a static representation of rare values, but more of a dynamic representations that I can interact with.

My post was full of constructive criticism, if you'd open your eyes, maybe you'd see it :rolleyes:

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Lol!? Rollovers is stealing ideas?
Plenty of sites do that
http://habtips.com/rarevalues
http://habbox.com
nice try

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
LOL nether of them have copied how you have yours is a free script then you've copied the same feautures as HHGS's, Also hx.coms isnt showing values using javascript its showing history.
You proper just followed a line...

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Why create my own script when a free one is the same exact thing?
And same features? What other features are there?

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
'Status' Also is, Mate just a hint close your site, delete it. it's never going to take of with a attitude like yours.

Jackboy
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Lmao +rep if i can

Yeah, I'm gunna ask my friend Reece if he can make me like a database, he's like a php wiz :]

Wow, he must be a php wiz if he can make a database.

Also, all you really edited was the title. You just added your name

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
'Status' Also is, Mate just a hint close your site, delete it. it's never going to take of with a attitude like yours.
Pretty much all rare values sites have status.....
And if you don't like my attitude, **** you, and just don't go on the site.

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't think anyone will go on your site.
oh yeh, im going to cry you said **** you to me...

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Lmao +rep if i can

Wow, he must be a php wiz if he can make a database.
eh, you used to be nice & cool, but I guess you've joined dentafrice.

Lol, plenty of people go on my site.

I don't understand why you guys keep posting... just stop.

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Pretty much all rare values sites have status.....
And if you don't like my attitude, **** you, and just don't go on the site.

And you say I have anger management issues, kid. :rolleyes:

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
How many is 'plenty'

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
And you say I have anger management issues, kid. :rolleyes:
Unlike you, I'm mad because he's annoying the crap outta me, not rare values.

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Why would I be mad over rare values? I couldn't give a ****.. I just find it funny that you expect applause and a "review" from something like this..

Jackboy
eh, you used to be nice & cool, but I guess you've joined dentafrice.

Thats not really it. You said something about me always insulting u saying u can't code in ur other thread...

That was the first time i said it so i got annoyed with you..

And tbh i prefer Dentafrice to you because he doesn't cry if people criticise his work

HabbDances quality php

print ("Habbdances"); echo ("<title>RARE VALUES</title"); $panel = "panel"; echo $panel;

HabbDance
How many is 'plenty'
Enough for my needs. We get about 20 listeners on a normal show, which is fine for me. If you can do better, go right ahead.

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Not a radio site babes xoxox
How many uniques a month ?
100??

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:44 PM
And tbh i prefer Dentafrice to you because he doesn't cry if people criticise his work

Everyone needs their work criticized from the start.. otherwise they're never going to learn or get anywhere with it.

When I started coding, I was criticized constantly, so was everyone else that is considered "good" at something on here..

If you don't get criticized, you're never going to get anywhere..

You need people to put you down, and need people to knock your feet out from under you, so that you can stand back up stronger each time, and improve the things you do.

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Why would I be mad over rare values? I couldn't give a ****.. I just find it funny that you expect applause and a "review" from something like this..
It's funny how you say I can't code when millions of people in the world don't know how to make words bold in html ;)

Thats not really it. You said something about me always insulting u saying u can't code in ur other thread...

That was the first time i said it so i got annoyed with you..

HabbDances quality php

print ("Habbdances"); echo ("<title>RARE VALUES</title"); $panel = "panel"; echo $panel;

That's great, I can give a crap less if the people in the web design section on a habbo forum dislike me

Jackboy
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Everyone needs their work criticized from the start.. otherwise they're never going to learn or get anywhere with it.

When I started coding, I was criticized constantly, so was everyone else that is considered "good" at something on here..

You need people to put you down, and need people to knock your feet out from under you, so that you can stand back up stronger each time, and improve the things you do.

Dentafrice quote failure ftw.
Yeh i agree but some people like Habbdane and chrisgocrazyH can't take it :(

EDIT: "That's great, I can give a crap less if the people in the web design section on a habbo forum dislike me", thats good to hear because quite a few people dislike you.

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
No reply to mee.....

Dentafrice
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
It's funny how you say I can't code when millions of people in the world don't know how to make words bold in html ;)

That's great, I can give a crap less if the people in the web design section on a habbo forum dislike me

Congratulations.. attitudes like that get you so far!

Who cares if millions of people in the world do not know how to make a word bold.. those millions of people are not in a Designing & Development forum pretending to know something.

EDIT: "That's great, I can give a crap less if the people in the web design section on a habbo forum dislike me", thats good to hear because quite a few people dislike you.

Haha I fixed my quote ;)

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Not a radio site babes xoxox
How many uniques a month ?
100??
It is a radio site... and if your gunna feel happy at night because you have more viewers on your habbo site then i do, then let it be.

I agree everyone needs criticism, but you can give it a little nicer, and helpful.

I can take it, but not the way you idiots think your giving it. And I'll admit Dentafrice is good, let's see some of your work though.

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Radio sites are the most popular habbo fansites lol.

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Radio sites are the most popular habbo fansites lol.
LOLOLOL OMG YOUR SO COOL!!!!

Congratulations.. attitudes like that get you so far!

Who cares if millions of people in the world do not know how to make a word bold.. those millions of people are not in a Designing & Development forum pretending to know something.

Haha I fixed my quote ;)
Your saying i know nothing?

Jackboy
08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
let's see some of your work though.

Changed pc but i will whip something up now in php if you are really desprate for me to proove myself worthy before telling you that adding your name to the title of a page and using a pre made script does not make you a good coder.

GoldenMerc
08-11-2008, 05:01 PM
lol, Your to scared to show us how many unique your site gets. all the people who checked out your crappy values proberly just made 90% of the uniques you have had all month..

Nereo
08-11-2008, 05:18 PM

It is a radio site... and if your gunna feel happy at night because you have more viewers on your habbo site then i do, then let it be.

You put the word Habbo in bold and also described this as a "habbo forum" when you could've just called it a forum because you are making the point this is a forum for habbo.

Seriously if you are acting now as if you dont care about Habbo or whatever point you were trying to make in those other two posts then why do you own a Habbo fansite? :P

Its difficult enough for people to make a successful fansite these days but ones that have such an attitude and react badly like you have will never make it. ;)

HabbDance
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
You put the word Habbo in bold and also described this as a "habbo forum" when you could've just called it a forum because you are making the point this is a forum for habbo.

Seriously if you are acting now as if you dont care about Habbo or whatever point you were trying to make in those other two posts then why do you own a Habbo fansite? :P

Its difficult enough for people to make a successful fansite these days but ones that have such an attitude and react badly like you have will never make it. ;)
I bolded it because it doesn't mean anything. I own a fansite because I think it's fun, but if I didn't I wouldn't go crazy over it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!