PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Temperature?

Patt
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I know all about overheating & shutdown points but one thing that has always eluded me is whether or not there is a minimum temperature that you should avoid as I like the extreme cold weather and Coretemp is showing 16c and even went as low as 10c & GFX was at 35c during early morning.

Not too worried about the GFX as it goes to about 45 during gameplay but when I spoke to people at college their processors are running at 60'ish and can't give advice.

It's -3c outside and I have my window open full, so aye it's damn cold in my room http://forum.ragezone.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif But it's good to know I can keep it this temperature.
Australia 2:26am.

And yes i know,
The lowest temperature your CPU can run at is -272 C, since -273 is absolute zero and at that point all atoms stop moving

scottish
09-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Probably broken sensors if it goes to near 0 and stuff, but your CPU will be about 60 if its overclocked/under load/stock heating etc. atm mines about 2% load and its 44° gfx is 56° and i aint doing nothing but on this forum :P

N!ck
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
The colder the better for everything except the hard drive which works better slightly warm so like 30C ish i think.

Patt
09-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Don't worry about my harddrive, im using a solid state harddrive.
it's more my graphics card im worrying about, maybe to compensate i should over-clock alot ?
i'm also thinking of making an Mineral Oil Cooled PC, would that work?

N!ck
09-11-2008, 01:03 PM
If you want to overclock then do it you should be able to get a decent OC from them temperatures. Manking an oil cooled PC should make it even cooler which is good. There's nothing wring with having it at the temperatures that you do. The colder the better.

united-champ
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
actually, its best to have it cool as in 15-50, if its like, 5 its not gonna run any better than if it was 60 .. ;)

DrLacero
10-11-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm also thinking of making an Mineral Oil Cooled PC, would that work?

Don't be silly, it's ridiculously expensive, requires more maintenance than it's worth and you run the risk of every component being damaged permanently if the oil is contaminated with anything.

And silicone chips won't work below 40 degrees.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!