PDA

View Full Version : New Project - UrSource

AlexOC
08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I was thinking of making a site, basically where you can edit your preferences.. like theme, location, screen res etc. then you get given a url which yuo set as your homepage.

now this is especially for the many (except the poor) of us alike with several screens, and you can on one of those screens have a browser, fullscreened on it with the url u got given, and on this little page would be like:

a clock, calendar
latest news (sources like bbc)
sports news
links page which you can customize like facebook, habboxforum, etc
top 10 charts

and many other things, the point is to create a full screen webpage that you can just glance at if u have numerous screens and like see the latest news, basically bringing lots of sites together into one handy, resourcful site.

i was just thinking having it as easy as possible, like enter preferences, set homepage, open browser, fullscreen, so i want to cut out like cookies, log ins etc. incase you like delete cookies and stuff

so it could be like ursource.com/uk/blue/page.php?location=manchester&links=socialnetworkingset

i just thought of it then, as i was gonna make one just for me, with like top40, news and stuff, and i thought there could be some interest in it

what do you thinks?

L?KE
10-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Sort of like iGoogle?

AlexOC
10-11-2008, 08:18 PM
erm kinda, i just went on igoogle just then

HotelUser
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
erm kinda, i just went on igoogle just then

iGoogle and Yahoo offer this, and they offer a variety of different widgets. Microsoft also might offer such a service, though don't quote me on that.

Excellent2
11-11-2008, 02:00 AM
You'd need to cough up a lot of money to pay a developer for something like this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!