PDA

View Full Version : Stars Don't Show For VIP Users

AlexOC
08-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I was just wondering then how come the stars don't show up under a users name when they have vip?, like gold,emerald,bronze etc, they should.

brandon
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Because stars are additional features for normal users/staff who do not have VIP. VIP's having stars would be pointless as all of their VIP features are better than the star features.

AlexOC
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
but platnium vip members would also wants there stars showing aswell as a coluorful name

Yoshimitsui
08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
but platnium vip members would also wants there stars showing aswell as a coluorful name

You will find most won't. It looks kind of tacky with more than one userbar in my opinion. If you really want them aswell as the VIP userbar then ask the Editor if they will let you.

Ohirian
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I agree with Brandon, having more than one Userbar will look tacky.

e5
08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
I agree with Brandon, having more than one Userbar will look tacky.
If you're in the pixel artist group, you have 2. Doesn't look tacky. The stars might though.

Monopoly
08-11-2008, 10:53 PM
because you stop being a (for example) silver member, and start being a VIP member.
You aren't both, because they are two separate ranks.

brandon
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
You will find most won't. It looks kind of tacky with more than one userbar in my opinion. If you really want them aswell as the VIP userbar then ask the Editor if they will let you.
Yoshi, I don't believe it's even possible with our usergroups at the moment. Probably because there's no need for it ;)

Yoshimitsui
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Yoshi, I don't believe it's even possible with our usergroups at the moment. Probably because there's no need for it ;)

Yeah that is what i was kind of getting at, with there being so many and making it way more complicated to have stars and vip bars with every group. But some people did have at one point.

Ohirian
08-11-2008, 11:11 PM
If you're in the pixel artist group, you have 2. Doesn't look tacky. The stars might though.

They're the same design, same shape.
Look at people who have stars and Pixel artist group, it's awful.

GommeInc
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Depends if you like a mess of images under your name. It would be organised chaos having VIP images, Pixel Group and Star images under your name, plus your user title :/

Mint
09-11-2008, 12:37 AM
This was actualy the first thing I noticed when I bought VIP. I found out that it wasn't suppose to be there and I was ok with that because I was bronze member. But when/if I ever reach a better user-rank then I would probally want to show my stars of aswell as my VIP badge, so I think we should have an option to do this. Or at least a poll.

Sammeth.
09-11-2008, 12:41 AM
because you stop being a (for example) silver member, and start being a VIP member.
You aren't both, because they are two separate ranks.

This is very true. You are either a normal user, who the User Ranks are for or you are a VIP - there is no point in VIPs wanting to be VIPs and Normal Users :S!

Blue
09-11-2008, 12:42 AM
can't you have images in your vip usertitle?

Why not just get a copy of the star you want and put it in

Blue
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/promotion/5emerald.gif

joshuar
09-11-2008, 02:05 PM
It is possible to have both as I have both ;) But I quite like it as I've never had stars before.

Ajthedragon
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd like my stars to show! :)

Maybe make it an option! :)

AlexOC
09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Yuppp

cos say you have vip and ur emerald

then anyone can be vip, but its hard to get emerald, so u want both to show

Supersam
09-11-2008, 09:41 PM

I dont like the way that the userbar goes to the right of the stars instead of underneath it...

Rixion
09-11-2008, 10:04 PM
i love aydans idea.

Ohirian
09-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah - You should be allowed to turn it on/off.

Mr.OSH
09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah - You should be allowed to turn it on/off.

This would be a nice idea - I'm not sure if we can actually do it using an option within usercp? I doubt we'd do it manually at the risk of people changing it off and on regularly and the fact there might be a large number of people who want it doing which would make things easy to loose track of and not really feasible.

nvrspk4
10-11-2008, 02:54 AM
There really isn't a way to set an option to "turn stars on" or turn stars off. Well I can think of one way, but it would be manual especially because promotions won't work.

Stars are really for normal members, because the benefits are all automatically given to VIPs.

cameronfudge
11-11-2008, 08:23 AM
I think stars would look good. But i dont think it would world

Shawnstra
14-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah I think it would be a nightmare considering the number of ranks needed e.g.

1 silver star + orange VIP
2 silver stars +orange VIP
3 ....

1 emerald star + orange VIP

1 silver star + black VIP

etc.

However, if there could be a way to be in 2 ranks at once I think this idea may be feasible to give users option whether to display their stars.

Jin
18-11-2008, 03:10 AM
However, if there could be a way to be in 2 ranks at once I think this idea may be feasible to give users option whether to display their stars.

There always has been this option.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!