PDA

View Full Version : Spore

sakura
08-11-2008, 10:20 PM
any good i might get it if it is

Melsia
09-11-2008, 12:23 AM
I played my friends copy a couple of weeks back and it was loads of fun if you like that kinda thing.

Each stage is like a whole different game and its difficult to get bored quickly.

Nemo
09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
its good, but once u get the most powerful weapon and a few allys, journeying to the centre of the universe andbein friendly with the main bad guys, it gets a bit borin

Art
09-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Spore uses a modified version of the controversial[47][48][49][50] digital rights management (DRM) software SecuROM as copy prevention, which requires authentication upon installation and when online access is used.[51] This system was announced after the originally planned system met opposition from the public, as it would have required authentication every ten days.[52] Additionally, EA released the game under a policy by which the product key of an individual copy of the game would only be authenticated on up to three computers.[53] In response to customer complaints, this limit was raised to five computers.[54] After the activation limit has been depleted, EA Customer Service will reset the activation count on a case-by-case basis.[55]

As a result of the protection scheme, out of 3184 of the reviews on Amazon.com, 2671 individual reviews have given Spore a one star, the lowest rating. Electronic Arts cited SecuROM as a "standard for the industry", and Apple's iPod song DRM policy as justification for the control method.[56] Former Maxis developer Chris Harris labeled the DRM a "screw up" and a "totally avoidable disaster".[57]

The SecuROM software was not mentioned on the box, in the manual, or in the Software license agreement. An EA spokesperson stated that "we don't disclose specifically which copy protection or digital rights management system we use [...] because EA typically uses one license agreement for all of its downloadable games, and different EA downloadable games may use different copy protection and digital rights management.”[58]

Despite the use of DRM, Spore has been cracked, bypassing the copy protection mechanism. The game was illegally distributed over BitTorrent file sharing protocol four days before its retail release, and has been downloaded over 500,000 times - and is now on its way to becoming the most online-shared game in history.[59]

In response to reaction over Spore's DRM, Frank Gibeau, president of EA games, announced that maximum install limit would be increased from 3 to 5 and that it would be possible to de-authorize and move installations to new machines, citing the need to adapt their policy to accommodate their legitimate customers.[60][61]

On September 22, 2008, a global class action law suit was filed against EA, regarding the DRM in Spore, complaining about EA not disclosing the existence of SecuROM, and addressing how SecuROM runs with the nature of a rootkit, including how it remains on the hard drive even after Spore is uninstalled.[62][63][64]AKA no. Tell it to *Removed*. Its a waste of money after 3 installations.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

efq
09-11-2008, 09:06 AM
AKA no. Tell it to gtfo. Its a waste of money after 3 installations.
Ring them for free for 30 secs and get 3 more.

Recursion
09-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Its brilliant, I have it installed on four computers in my house just by ringing them :P

Bloodshot
19-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Great game totaly origional. Worth the money. It's a incredibly long game so your not going to finsih it for ages. Plus each stage is like a new game.
Plus you can just make lots of wierd and wonderfull creatures if thats what you like

Technologic
21-11-2008, 08:27 PM
You do realise the reason for the whole DRM thing is because you don't need the disc to run it?

Zebroid
21-11-2008, 09:31 PM
its not 3 installs its 5 since like 2months ago.
really good game, you can play for ages, and forever add expansions onto this (theyve jsut added their 1st one). yeah does get boring when you dont know what you're doing.... ;)

Dan2nd
21-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I love it ! My fave part is when your an animal and you have to run around killing or making friends with other animals and you occasionally run into like a giant beast like 100 times your size :P

Coheed&Cambria
22-11-2008, 09:11 AM
My mates got it, And he says its really good.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!