PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sky box?

scottish
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok well in my house we have 4 different sky boxes set up with multiroom, theres 3 boxes in each room and 1 in living room..

But the 1 in the living room isn't turning on, its not even going on standby, i tried unplugging it, taking everything out etc. It just suddenly died and isn't going on now.

It keeps beeping on the TV, like if i pull the plug out the beeping stops, if the sky is plugged in then it starts the beeping.

Any ideas?

MissAlice
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Are the vents blocked? Maybe it's over heating, turn it off for an hour and see what happens?

GommeInc
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Do you mean a visual beep or a sound beep (sometimes people mean a blip on screen and call it a beep :P)

Most Sky boxes require being unplugged for about 10 minutes - 1 hour about once a month to reset them. I've had a few problems with mine not working and that's Skys answer to solving the problem.

If all else fails, phone them up :)

Hayd93
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Ok well in my house we have 4 different sky boxes set up with multiroom, theres 3 boxes in each room and 1 in living room..

But the 1 in the living room isn't turning on, its not even going on standby, i tried unplugging it, taking everything out etc. It just suddenly died and isn't going on now.

It keeps beeping on the TV, like if i pull the plug out the beeping stops, if the sky is plugged in then it starts the beeping.

Any ideas?
If its a sky + box these have a tendancy to over heat. Also if it is in a cabinet then take it out as again it tends to over head.

Take out all power and leave for 10 mins then try plugging in again.

scottish
09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Beep = sound :P

It's been off for about 20 mins and vents aint blocked, my mums phoning em 2moz. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!