PDA

View Full Version : [PLEASE READ] Possible new project

UniqueHabbo
11-11-2008, 03:17 AM
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE VOTING ON THE POLL.

I am aware this is a lengthy read, but I think it's worth it!

As you are more than likely aware, each week Habbox Forum gets a lot of requests from users for some of the following things:

Opinions on their layouts
People to code them
People to design them
People selling them
People buying them
Many more

And of course, many more things to do with this subject.
I have separated the main 3 categories below.

Exchanging

Other wise known as buying and selling.

A lot of users are constantly looking to buy a layout, or to sell a layout. This is really simple.

Users design their own layout, and want to sell it.
Users have bought a layout, disregarded it for whatever reason and want to re-sell it.
Users want to buy one. Below are some of the main reasons why a user would do this

They suck at designing themselves or
They can't be bothered to make one or
They just happen to like the product on offer

2. Coding and coding related tasks.

Where an image is transformed into a web page or a already coded layout is broken and they need help for it to be fixed.
So, when a user has this layout, chances are they want it on their site, and not just sat in a folder on their computer as a .gif file for example.
When this happens, if a user does not know how to code layouts, they will seek help. They come to Habbox Forum to do this.

When this happens, they often offer a payment if it's to be coded, or some +REP if it's just general help... Whatever the case, they want it coded/fixed, and not just that, they also want the service to be

Quick and easy-to-understand.

They don't want a lecture on cell-padding or variables
They don't want to have to wait 6 weeks

Polite, friendly service

Would you want it doing by some arrogant, impolite so and so?

Most of all, cheap but a proper coding service

Basically no tables, no errors etc. A proper, professional service.

3. Feedback from community
Once you've got a lovely layout up on your site, you want to know what people think. For this, you ask other members on Habbox Forum!

However, sometimes the comments might be rude, uncaring and not what you were looking for (although, I have to say on Habbox in this case, most of the comments are truthful)! Habbox has mods to an extent, but it is a forum, and mods can only do so much (basically not remove every offensive comment the thread-creater might not like. Forums are full of opinionated people).

People want to know the following about their product

What's good/not so good about it
How they can improve it if it's not so good or what they like about it if they like it
To receive this in a positive and polite way.

FGS, WHAT'S THIS GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
Well, well, well! A lot, actually.
I did use the phrase 'users want' a lot, which is rather naive but I'm guessing 90% of it is true. The reason is, a forum is great for this kind of stuff, but you have to use a different thread for each.
For example; Designing and Development for Layouts, Web Market for Exchanging etc etc...

So.. the main question I ask you:

Wouldn't it be nice if all of this was available to do in one place?

Well, I was thinking of creating a site where you can, well, now I think I'll go back through the steps saying what I'd do for each.

1 - Exchanging.

We'd offer a place where you can upload your layouts and set a price, a bit about it, Paypal/habbo etc and when you'd like a sale for. People then bid using a system so you don't just get loads of useless feedback.
You post it there to sell it, not for comments so comments won't be available.

This means you can sell your layout with ease, quickly and if you're buying it, it couldn't be simpler to do and easy to tell the seller your offer.

2 - Coding and related tasks

We'd offer a place where visitors get in-touch with us and we negotiate a price. After a price has been settled, we come up with a day it's going to be done by etc. If we don't meet these, we give a full refund and still do the service. We also take a look at broken code free of charge.

This means you can get your layout coded professionally, quickly and you'll know when it's done by etc with a money-back option. We also be nice and offer broken-code to be looked at free of charge.

3 - Feedback

We'd offer a place where you can easily post your layouts and users can easily post back. However the visitor would be required to fill in boxes like
What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? What could be most improved? Your rating overall etc etc.

This means the person looking for feedback can get it in detail covering areas expected.

So the point, all of this would be done on one site.

Do you think it's a good idea?
Please vote in the poll and discuss.
Please also address the matter;
Do you think it should be habbo-based, non-habbo or both?
Phew.

Hypertext
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Congrats on your frickin' huge post, of which I will not read in it's entireity. I do see you say "Designing and Development for Layouts, Web Market for Exchanging, etc," the final presumably being "Show Off Your Website Here - Including Habbo Fansites," for feedback. Come on, there's only three forums, three meager forums to go between, asking for three things. We don't need a whole site dedicated to it, and the reason your site will fail, is because there are too many existing communities people could join instead of joining your site. People care about UGC (user-generated content) as opposed to site design or a good UI.

To quote Duncan Bannatyne, "And for that reason, I'm out."

I bid you adieu.

Meti
11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I think this sounds allright. It's good as it is

HabSound.com
12-11-2008, 02:56 AM
That Seems Pretty Good! It Should be Habbo-Based and Non-Habbo Based.

Be good with more like Coding tutorials and Discussion Forum for people trying to learn how to code.

UniqueHabbo
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Congrats on your frickin' huge post, of which I will not read in it's entireity. I do see you say "Designing and Development for Layouts, Web Market for Exchanging, etc," the final presumably being "Show Off Your Website Here - Including Habbo Fansites," for feedback. Come on, there's only three forums, three meager forums to go between, asking for three things. We don't need a whole site dedicated to it, and the reason your site will fail, is because there are too many existing communities people could join instead of joining your site. People care about UGC (user-generated content) as opposed to site design or a good UI.

To quote Duncan Bannatyne, "And for that reason, I'm out."

I bid you adieu.
Sorry if you can't be arsed to read it all. And on that note, because you didn't read it all, you didn't get the whole picture.

And that did kind of make me think; There are a lot of sites that offer it, and if you read the part about the wait time (something this should eliminate to some degree) will be the benefit of this site, as you haven't got to wait for someone to reply, send 20 pms to gain a MSN then talk more on that etc etc it's send it in, it's coded, and sent back. Simple.

I think if I do go ahead with this project, I will make it habbo-based.

And @coding tutorials idea
There are plenty of sites that offer that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!