PDA

View Full Version : Divorced?

Metric.
03-07-2005, 02:54 PM
My parents divorce went throught in janurary 03. My parents have been split since 2000. I was like 11 - 12 when they split and I can recall my mom being pretty hert by all of this. When the divorce went through my my mom got the title to the house because my dad had takin out a morguage, so my mom won the tiltle to the house. My mom found out that there was a massive amount of liens and other money stuff totaling over 1.5 million dollars that went allong with the house theirfor my mom couldn't sell it like she wanted to. I remember she wanted to sell it so bad but she couldn't, we had barely any money and one day my mom picked us up from school and we went home and the electrical company had cut off our electricity.. Now 5 years later, my mom managed to pay the liens and get out of debt. My point is, if you're parentsare getting divoreced, you can still be a family. My mom, me and my 2 brothers are still a family. And you can be too. Divorce is hard, but its for the best and you'll get through it. I did..

Craig
03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
awww im sorry to hear but well done to your mum for doing really well and you 3 staying close =)

BlueTails
03-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Thats A Sad Story

This May Be Hurtful But Your Dad Is A Total Bobba

GommeInc
03-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Interesting story. It must of been shocking to you that something like living in a house without Electricity and them not caring about your situation is like.

.Amberz.
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Awwww :'( That must have been hard for you...

Metric.
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
It was pretty bad, my dad hid allot of stuff from my mom, like the fact that he didn't pay for the house in full, he had a morguage, there were liens against the house, he hadent payed allot of the bills. He left us in a pretty bad. My mom wanted our house so she would have a place to raise us, she got the house and all the debt that went with it. Things were pretty bad for a while, my mom payed off the liens and we still live in that house. I still dont like the thought of the divorce, but things are good now. Where a happy family :)

Metric.
03-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Interesting story. It must of been shocking to you that something like living in a house without Electricity and them not caring about your situation is like.

The electricity company dosen't care, if they kept the electricity on for every single working mother and her kids they would loose allot of money. Trust me, we use allot of electricity too so.. they wanted there money!

BlueTails
03-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Im Happy For You x]

A Success x]
I Hope A Good Happens In Your Familys Life

And Your Dad, If You Dont Mind Me Saying Is A JERK

Owen
03-07-2005, 11:39 PM
My mums never been married,
that means im a bast...
O.o
Dictionarys tell so much
Anyways, i hope if my mum gets married she doesn't get divorced :x

Kroziun
04-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Utility companies (electric, gas, water, phone) in the USA don't have the same legal restrictions on disconnection that they do in the UK. So this sounds pretty rough to Brits. :(

Hey Ex, I'm really glad your mom got stuff worked out, and I'm really happy for you - she deserves a lot of respect for that.

:)

Metric.
04-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah, Im proud to say shes my mom I dont care what anyone else has to say about her.

Pulchritudinous
05-07-2005, 12:16 PM
That's a nice story, I'm glad your happy now!

BlueTails
05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Im proud to say shes my mom I dont care what anyone else has to say about her.
Your Mother Is A Great Mum x] You Should Be Proud

EDIT: You Are x] :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!