PDA

View Full Version : Help in making my site better.

OMGitsHYPE
11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Right hello guys, I haven't posted in a while after the last response on the opening of v2. And can I get one thing straight before anyone mentions about it, the layout will not be changed, not for a few months at least. And I'm also sorry for the way I acted in the last thread just annoyed. WE MAY be getting the layout coded in DIVS.

But is there anything we could do to make the site better? Content wise etc etc. And please don't post comments like, CLOSE. Because it's not really helping, but any constructive criticism / comments are fine.

So post away :)

Lazy Link: www.habbofrenzy.net (http://www.habbofrenzy.net), btw, thanks for viewing the thread ;)

Hypertext
11-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Google "padding css property" please, don't code layouts with Dreamweaver WYSIWYG, don't code in tables, and your site reminds me of another, looks ripped-ish.

OMGitsHYPE
11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Google "padding css property" please, don't code layouts with Dreamweaver WYSIWYG, don't code in tables, and your site reminds me of another, looks ripped-ish.
Okay, I'll check on W3Schools and such and okay. I designed in Paint and the other owner coded in Fireworks I believe but I'll tell him about it. Also not sure what site you're reffering to, because not that we know of we haven't seen another layout like it. Unless you mean Habbtrax having it, because they ripped off us, but thanks for the comments, +REP for help even though I still 0 REP atm.

Meti
12-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Why should I code the layout in DIVs?
- Well, DIV coding gives you a much cleaner and better code. It's also much easier to edit the layout by coding in DIVs.
You don't need to hurry, and expect you're going to learn code in DIVs today. It'll take some time. But learning DIVs is really worth the time.
If you sell layouts, and it's coded in DIVs, instead of tables, you'll earn more money.

How can I make my layout look more modern?
- You could start by looking at official fansites, or unofficial fansites, with layouts which many people like. You could get some inspiration from their designs, but NEVER rip anything! You'll just get un-respected (hated). That's the last thing you'd want.
Use matching colours, and make the design fresh and simple.
REMEMBER: It should always be easy for visitors to navigate around

I guess that's what I could say :P
Good luck!

OMGitsHYPE
12-11-2008, 06:19 PM
- Well, DIV coding gives you a much cleaner and better code. It's also much easier to edit the layout by coding in DIVs.
You don't need to hurry, and expect you're going to learn code in DIVs today. It'll take some time. But learning DIVs is really worth the time.
If you sell layouts, and it's coded in DIVs, instead of tables, you'll earn more money.

- You could start by looking at official fansites, or unofficial fansites, with layouts which many people like. You could get some inspiration from their designs, but NEVER rip anything! You'll just get un-respected (hated). That's the last thing you'd want.

Good luck!
Thanks Meti! Was a bit more helpful then in my last thread where people just kept going, "ITS SH**" and stuff so cheers. I always look at other fansites for ideas and things, and I don't code its my friend and I'll try and help him code in DIVS so :) Thanks for your help! V3 which will come around February time is a dropdown navigation. I like having nice layouts but don't like having them too similar to other layouts because there's to many which are familiar. It has familar bits but bit different, most of the boxes located on the right and content left with advert top right, thanks for your help again! +REP :)

British
12-11-2008, 06:22 PM
get more traffic.

Pazza
12-11-2008, 06:23 PM

Good luck!
Took me 20 minutes to learn, when I put my mind to it

Nereo
12-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I dont like the navigation. Theres too much white space around it and shouldnt be centred in that box like that :P

HabbDance
13-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Took me 20 minutes to learn, when I put my mind to it
It took me around half an hour as well to get the basics, but do get a real grasp on it, it took a few weeks.

I think the layouts ok, does look a bit familiar. If that was entirely made in Paint as you said, good job ^.^

Pazza
13-11-2008, 07:20 PM
It took me around half an hour as well to get the basics, but do get a real grasp on it, it took a few weeks.

I think the layouts ok, does look a bit familiar. If that was entirely made in Paint as you said, good job ^.^

Yeah, i'm still trying to get used to more difficult layouts =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!