lol, i started this thread cos i saw the ad on hxf saying

'Do you like Lil Wayne'
xD

shizzle
12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I seen that before.

RedStratocas
12-11-2008, 06:34 PM
he doesnt really sing. he does have singing-esque parts, but id say he raps, pretty much.

and he's aight. he was pretty sick when he was featured on "barry bonds" by kanye.

Foals
12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
terr-ible.

Arch
13-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Lil Wayne is a wasteman tbh and hes a fake blood

he sounds like crap cuz he smokes to much weed/other stuff

RedStratocas
13-11-2008, 02:38 AM
Lil Wayne is a wasteman tbh and hes a fake blood

he sounds like crap cuz he smokes to much weed/other stuff

lol what "other stuff" can you smoke?

i just heard lil wayne on a new kanye song that was leaked today, and it was pretty bad, lol. usually, he's a hit or miss with his songs, but sometimes he's just so awesome, haha.

lyrically though, no one beats aesop rock.

J0SH
13-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Heroin :P I hate him, his voice is really annoying.

RedStratocas
13-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Heroin :P I hate him, his voice is really annoying.

true but i really doubt he does (maybe used to?) do heroine. he'd be tiny, lol

Arch
13-11-2008, 04:06 AM
You can smoke weed,crack,heroine,cigs etc...

cunning
13-11-2008, 07:06 AM
lol what "other stuff" can you smoke?

i just heard lil wayne on a new kanye song that was leaked today, and it was pretty bad, lol. usually, he's a hit or miss with his songs, but sometimes he's just so awesome, haha.

lyrically though, no one beats aesop rock.
Wow, you can smoke a lot of stuff, for that comment...I should smoke you.

Anyways, Wayne used to be hot. Now he went commercial. I mean these days, this dude be having a v-coder and all that trying to sing. I mean, I like his old stuff, but now he went commercial. He was one my "top listened artist", but it seems like he was getting a lot of the hype for some reason.

His life is real though, he is a blood from the street. The bad thing is be sings about snortin coke, that **** ain't right...

Arch
13-11-2008, 12:35 PM
nah hes a fake
only good song is A millie :P

Crimson
13-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I think he's ****.

Wayne
13-11-2008, 04:07 PM
He's rubbish tbh, what he does I wouldn't class as singing.

Yonder
13-11-2008, 04:13 PM
He isnt singing he is rapping and im not a big fan of rap but he has to be one of the best ive ever listened to along with T.I (in recent years). Good music.

RedStratocas
13-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, you can smoke a lot of stuff, for that comment...I should smoke you.

Anyways, Wayne used to be hot. Now he went commercial. I mean these days, this dude be having a v-coder and all that trying to sing. I mean, I like his old stuff, but now he went commercial. He was one my "top listened artist", but it seems like he was getting a lot of the hype for some reason.

His life is real though, he is a blood from the street. The bad thing is be sings about snortin coke, that **** ain't right...

jeez, everyone calm down about the smoking thing, haha. stop flipping out.

you don't like lil wayne anymore because hes gotten popular? i think its pretty cool that he's popular, hes WAY better than most popular rap out there. i'd way rather hear a milli everywhere i go than some stupid soulja boy crap.

AlexOC
13-11-2008, 04:41 PM
OMG ok then Rapping, Talking, his voice!

im sorry i classed it as singing!

Frisky
13-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I like his songs and hes okay i spose.

Not really got anything against him.

Kinda feel like.. 'good for him' for what he's achieved though.

Blue.Neon
13-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm not a fan of his music either :o

Rarelime
13-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I like his rapping style, took a while to win me over though.

Mitch4?
13-11-2008, 08:27 PM
doesnt work with me

FlyingJesus
14-11-2008, 02:58 AM
I think he's terrible frankly. He has really bad flow, awful lyrics and an annoying voice just to top it all off. I'm a big rap fan but Weezy does nothing good for hiphop, seriously. He keeps winning lyricist awards recently, which confuses the hell out of me - apparently using in-rhymes (something I did even before I learned to write properly anyway :S) makes you "the best lyricist ever".
The only good that has come from him is that Jadakiss did a cover of A Milli (who didn't? lol) that actually made it work. Other than that, him and his money-eating fool of a cousin can stay the hell away from my speakers lol

J0SH
14-11-2008, 03:06 AM
Considering his voice is broke, it sounds like it's all croaky like it's about to break, it really pisses me off. The only decent song though would have to be the one featuring The Game, otherwise it would suck as much as a Red Light District girl.

cunning
14-11-2008, 05:07 AM
jeez, everyone calm down about the smoking thing, haha. stop flipping out.

you don't like lil wayne anymore because hes gotten popular? i think its pretty cool that he's popular, hes WAY better than most popular rap out there. i'd way rather hear a milli everywhere i go than some stupid soulja boy crap.

I didn't say I don't like Lil Wayne.

Soulja Boy is stupid, he don't rap..sing...or just I don't know, but he sucks.

Arch
14-11-2008, 12:38 PM
first of Lil wayne isnt rap its a form of hip hop and souja boy isn't anything cuz hes crap

if you wanna hear rap listen to old stuff not this new **

FlyingJesus
14-11-2008, 03:31 PM
first of Lil wayne isnt rap its a form of hip hop and souja boy isn't anything cuz hes crap

Lil Wayne is a rapper, as awful as he is. You can't just say that someone "isn't" a form of music because they aren't good at it.

And hell Jadakiss is releasing his first mainstream studio album soon, making him essentially "new", does that make him crap? Nas brought out an album not too long ago, Cham's making mixtapes, Jay-Z is still bringing out new material, hell Busta Rhymes and LL Cool J have recent releases and god knows they're old - are they bad just because their music is new?

RedStratocas
14-11-2008, 06:53 PM

theres plenty of good rap these days, tbh. the entire genre is becoming much more expanded and accessible, i think.

Arch
14-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I didnt say ALL new stuff is bad and Nas and all them are older, and there new stuff is good but mostly everyones older stuff is better. tbh older stuff will always be better then the new stuff now, although it might get better

cunning
16-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Music isn't like it was in the past. People rapped about life, now they just rap about their new Caddy sittin on dubs. ****, I'm about to go old school.
Put some Ice Cube - It was a good day...I still like that though.

Calabrian
16-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Not a big fan of him

FlyingJesus
16-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Music isn't like it was in the past. People rapped about life, now they just rap about their new Caddy sittin on dubs.

No they don't. Listen more

RedStratocas
16-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Music isn't like it was in the past. People rapped about life, now they just rap about their new Caddy sittin on dubs. ****, I'm about to go old school.
Put some Ice Cube - It was a good day...I still like that though.

lol, no you just think that. just stop listening to the radio, should do the trick. there's pretty awesome rap still around.

Arch
17-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Not ALL but id say atleast half of new rap/hip-hop is about money and sex.

Older stuff is about life and getting out of the gang life and stufflike that.

RedStratocas
17-11-2008, 05:08 AM

uhhh, no not really lol. a large portion of rap has been about money and sex since the early 90's. in relation to song themes, things haven't changed much.

Blinger1
17-11-2008, 05:17 AM
eminem raps about life and stuff ;)

cunning
17-11-2008, 10:20 PM
lol, no you just think that. just stop listening to the radio, should do the trick. there's pretty awesome rap still around.
I hate the radio, I never listen to the radio. They play the same old things and I get tired of listening to music that Idon't like, that's why I buy MP3 Players.

Arch
17-11-2008, 11:09 PM
They played stronger by kanye west for soooooooooooo long where i live

FlyingJesus
17-11-2008, 11:42 PM

No, most rap is actually about life. Money and sex are part of life, but a massive majority of rap records are on the subject of the rapper themselves and what they do/have done and how they feel.

RedStratocas
18-11-2008, 05:43 AM
i loooove lil wayne when girl talk mixes him. the part where he mixes the guitar intro to "under the bridge" with "lollypop" is just pure bliss.

N-Dubz
19-11-2008, 09:02 PM
you can love me or hate me
i swear it wont make me or break me(:

lil waynes sick but if u dnt lyk him. dont listen 2 him.

FlyingJesus
20-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Lead the charges, head down and scream loud: I missed this
Whose business you wanna witness?
I'm the one with the best mix, the best licks,
Teaching plenty old dogs new tricks
The cruel whips, whip me up a due dish
One two, parting ways for the start and finish

Oh check it out, a tiny sample of my lyrics outclasses Weezy's entire book of rhymes.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!