PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Site Problems [Help +Rep]

Mint
14-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I have decided to start playing runescape and use an account that I made a few months ago but everytime I go onto www.runescape.com then click the guest members bit to log in, the page never loads and crashes my firefox/IE. So if anyone could help me with this I would be very greatfull.

Btw, I have never played it before and know absalutely nothing about it so please do make it a noobs guide - thanks! :D

Arch
14-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Uhhh when you press the members part click "s" on your keyboard so it will go to low detail or w/e cuz ur comp might not be good enough for high detail :S

TonyBest
14-11-2008, 10:39 AM
If ur free player click Ree Play- then press s immediatly after th next page starts loading

Same thng applies if ur member

Ras
14-11-2008, 03:30 PM
it means youre just not ready to scape r

Imnotpure
14-11-2008, 03:45 PM
if you cant figure out how to play then just dont

Originalmoh
14-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Ok, if your using firefox, go to tools internet options then go content and see if Java and java script is ticked. Or, just download the latest version of java, i will send you a link it might just mean that you have an old java and needs updating

Good luck.

Mint
14-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, if your using firefox, go to tools internet options then go content and see if Java and java script is ticked. Or, just download the latest version of java, i will send you a link it might just mean that you have an old java and needs updating

Good luck.
Thats probally the best answer out of them all. I will be able to play it but it just happens that my computer will not load the runescape web page. My computer is quite a new Sony VAIO and has very powerfull graphics so high detail would be ok. The only down side is my internet speed.

Thanks, +rep! :D

Mint
14-11-2008, 05:56 PM
This is what happens everytime i click the free users section on the homepage:

Edit: Sorry for the double post, I had totally forgotten that I had just posted here.

http://uploadpicz.com/images/XL5LJUB.png

Imnotpure
14-11-2008, 06:32 PM
ur computer cant handle it obviously

Alex3213
14-11-2008, 08:29 PM
It says connected to ADVERT.Runescape.com so I think its either going to take a while because of adds and also it has the loading sign as well, just leave for 5 mins, if it dont work then I have no idea!

Mint
14-11-2008, 10:16 PM
ur computer cant handle it obviously
There is no doubt that my computer can handle it, because it can. If it's anything, it's my internet speed that is crashing as there is so much to load. I will try leaving it to load but everytime I click onto the page my firefox tells me that it needs to close. Thanks for all your help.

Imnotpure
14-11-2008, 10:19 PM
There is no doubt that my computer can handle it, because it can. If it's anything, it's my internet speed that is crashing as there is so much to load. I will try leaving it to load but everytime I click onto the page my firefox tells me that it needs to close. Thanks for all your help.

If your firefox crashes, its your computer

Mint
14-11-2008, 10:44 PM
If your firefox crashes, its your computer
My computer doesn't crash or anything, just my firefox and it can be closed by X'ing out of it (unlike most computers that would just freeze :rolleyes:) so I know know that it is something on that page that is causing my firefox to crash.

Arch
14-11-2008, 11:51 PM
try using internet explore ?

Mint
15-11-2008, 01:33 AM
try using internet explore ?
Tryed that and the exact same thing happens. It wouldn't have anything to do with Java would it? :$

Ohirian
15-11-2008, 10:12 AM
It could do, what version of Java is your computer running?

Mint
15-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I updated it to the latest version and its still not working.

Imnotpure
15-11-2008, 01:10 PM
its
your
com
pu
ter
god

Mint
15-11-2008, 01:33 PM
its
your
com
pu
ter
god
If your so sure it's my computer, what would be wrong with my computer to stop it from working?

Originalmoh
15-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey mate. Forget him, his just being a noob try what i told you go on to tools, options content and see if they are all ticked. If that doesn't work go on internet explorer Tool >> Internet options >> Advanced then scroll down until you see JAVA see if thats ticked.

Imnotpure
15-11-2008, 01:52 PM
If RuneScape won't start, crashes, or runs slowly, then please try one of the following possible solutions:

* Try rebooting your computer.
If RuneScape normally works for you, but isn't today, the first thing to try is simply rebooting your computer. This fixes the problem a lot of the time!

* Upgrade Java.
Click here to download and install the latest version of Java.

* Download the lastest Windows patches.
Click here to visit Windows Update and install the latest patches for your operating system.

* Try changing the 'Java Options' settings.
Go to the Java Options page on our website (under the 'Play Now' drop-down menu) and try changing the Java setting to 'Force Sun Java', press 'save settings', then proceed to load the game as normal.

* Try running in the latest version of Firefox.
Download the latest version of Firefox here, and try using that to play the game.

* Try starting in 'safe mode'.
While the game is loading (when the loading bar is on the screen), press the 's' key on your keyboard. This will cause the game to start in safe mode.

* Close all unnecessary programs before running RuneScape.
Close all other unnecessary windows and programs before starting RuneScape.

If high detail mode isn't working properly for you (won't start at all, crashes, runs slowly, or appears to be wrong), please try one of the following possible solutions:

* Check that your computer meets the minimum requirements for high detail.
RuneScape High Detail requires 256Mb RAM, a 1.5Ghz processor and a graphics card at least equivalent to Nvidia GeForce 3. To find out how to check your computer's capabilities, click here.

* Try rebooting your computer.
If High detail mode normally works for you, but isn't today, the first thing to try is simply rebooting your computer. This fixes the problem a lot of the time!

* Upgrade Java.
Click here to download and install the latest version.

* Download the latest Windows patches.
Click here to visit Windows Update and install the latest patches for your operating system.

* Download and install the latest graphics card drivers.
Visit the website for your graphics card and download and install the latest driver, or download the latest driver from your computer manufacturer's website. To find out which graphics card driver your computer has, click here. There are three main graphics chipset manufacturers and the links to their websites are listed here:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en - for Nvidia cards
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html - for ATI cards
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/?default.aspx - for Intel chipsets

* Try changing the 'Java Options' settings.
Go to the Java Options page on our website (under the 'Play Now' drop-down menu) and try changing the Java setting to 'Force Sun Java', press 'Save Settings', then proceed to load the game as normal.

* If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, check that hardware acceleration is turned on.
1. Right-click on your desktop.
2. Choose 'Properties' from the pop-up menu.
3. Go to the 'Settings' tab.
4. Click the 'Advanced' button.
5. Go to the 'Troubleshoot' tab.
6. There should now be a 'Hardware Acceleration' bar; make sure it is on full and then click 'OK'.

* Ensure your 3D card isn't already in use.
You won't be able to use high detail mode if you have another web browser window open, which is already using your 3D accelerator card (for example, if you try to load two copies of the game at once).

* Try running in the latest version of FireFox.
Download the latest version of Firefox here, and try using that to play the game.

* Try running in the RuneScape Windows Client.
Try downloading the RuneScape Windows Client by clicking here, and using that to play the game. The Windows Client launches RuneScape directly from your desktop (requires Internet Explorer 6 or above).

* Turn off custom/animated mouse pointers.
Some custom/animated mouse pointers conflict with the game. If you are having problems with the mouse pointer vanishing when you start high detail mode, then we suggest that you revert back to the original Windows pointers. This can be done by selecting 'Mouse' in the Windows Control Panel, and going to the 'Pointers' tab, and selecting 'None'.

* Make sure you are in 32 bit colour mode.
If the colours in RuneScape look wrong, or the water looks odd then make sure your computer is in 32 bit colour mode.

To do this in Windows 2000 or XP:
2. Choose 'Properties' from the pop-up menu.
3. Go to the 'Settings' tab.
4. Choose '32-bit colour'

To do this in Windows Vista:
2. Choose 'Personalise' from the pop-up menu.
3. Choose 'Display Settings'.
4. Under 'Colours', choose 'Highest (32 bit)'

To do this in Mac OS:
1. Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner.
2. Choose 'System Preferences...'.
3. Choose 'Displays'.
4. Under 'Colours', choose 'Millions'

* Turn off Talkback in Firefox.
If you are running High Detail mode in Mozilla Firefox, you might want to turn off Talkback. This is an add-on that sends information about crashes back to Mozilla. There is a known bug with Talkback which can significantly slow down Java programs using OpenGL. Select 'Tools' from the menu, then 'Add-ons' and disable Talkback from the list.

* Play RuneScape in the standard detail mode.
If you are having problems getting RuneScape High Detail to work, you will still be able to play RuneScape in the standard detail mode.

Mint
15-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey mate. Forget him, his just being a noob try what i told you go on to tools, options content and see if they are all ticked. If that doesn't work go on internet explorer Tool >> Internet options >> Advanced then scroll down until you see JAVA see if thats ticked.
They are all ticked on my firefox but on my internet explorer a java box pops up and start filling a loading bar, then i get another popup saying "do you want to run java on this page" so i always tick yes but about 10 seconds after that it just freezes again. Thanks.

Edit: These are my laptop specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7259, Supports Enchanced Intel SpeedStep Technology, 2.00GHz
Memory: 2GB/Go DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024MB/Mo) (667MHz)
HDD: 250 GB/Go
Screen: 17" WXGA+ X-black LCD
Optical: Blu-ray Disc Combo Drive BD ROM/
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Is that good enough for runescape?

Arch
15-11-2008, 02:46 PM
For low detail yeah, but you also got vista and i had vista and it wouldnt let me do anything so that might be your problem, check your secruity settings also

Rashelly
15-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Your laptop is plenty good enough, even to run HD. My laptop has lower ram and storage, and I loaded HD fine.
Looks like a problem with Java, but I suck at those type things...So...IDK, Google would probably be your best bet.

Imnotpure
15-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Refer to above post

Mint
15-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I went on runescape options and selected "Force Sun Jave" on my IE and it's working. :)

Arch
15-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Congratz

Iampure
16-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Good job, enjoy RuneScape and best of luck!

Originalmoh
16-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I still need my rep :)

Arch
17-11-2008, 01:41 AM
yepp very mis-leading i expect some to

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!