PDA

View Full Version : Touchpad Problem

Trinity
14-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi, last night when I turned my laptop on, the cursor kept randomly stopping. I noticed that when the laptop was shutting down, it worked perfectly. It also worked perfectly when I started it up again, but only while it was starting up.
As soon as all the programs had finished loading up and everything, it just stopped moving, and the little touchpad icon in the taskbar showed a blue patch when I pressed the touchpad, instead of the normal green (that's the best way I can describe it :))
Now it's just stopped working completely, doesn't work during startup or shutdown, and it doesn't show anything on the little touchpad icon in the taskbar.

I've tried reinstalling/updating the drivers, but it didn't help :(
External mice work perfectly though, if that helps :)

Anyone know what's going on/how to fix it?

Edit: It's now randomly started working again :S

Kevin
14-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi, last night when I turned my laptop on, the cursor kept randomly stopping. I noticed that when the laptop was shutting down, it worked perfectly. It also worked perfectly when I started it up again, but only while it was starting up.
As soon as all the programs had finished loading up and everything, it just stopped moving, and the little touchpad icon in the taskbar showed a blue patch when I pressed the touchpad, instead of the normal green (that's the best way I can describe it :))
Now it's just stopped working completely, doesn't work during startup or shutdown, and it doesn't show anything on the little touchpad icon in the taskbar.

I've tried reinstalling/updating the drivers, but it didn't help :(
External mice work perfectly though, if that helps :)

Anyone know what's going on/how to fix it?

Edit: It's now randomly started working again :S

Mabye the connection is a little bit loose, and it keeps on getting knocked in/out of place?

Trinity
14-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Mabye the connection is a little bit loose, and it keeps on getting knocked in/out of place?

It didn't get knocked before it started working again though, it just magically started working.

Kevin
14-11-2008, 02:50 PM
It didn't get knocked before it started working again though, it just magically started working.

Even touching the pad could knock it in and out of place, what model is your laptop?

Trinity
14-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Even touching the pad could knock it in and out of place, what model is your laptop?

I dunno, some random Acer laptop, can't be bothered checking. But it's ok, it's working perfectly fine now, and I have a spare mouse in case it stops working again :)

mb-group.net
14-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I dunno, some random Acer laptop, can't be bothered checking. But it's ok, it's working perfectly fine now, and I have a spare mouse in case it stops working again :)

Excellent :) I hope it doesn't happen again.

Trinity
14-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Excellent :) I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks :) It all seems to be going fine still, so fingers crossed it will stay this way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!