PDA

View Full Version : Realised that: things money don't make you happy?

Bouncing
14-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Well yeah, the past year I've tried to assure myself if I save for this, when I buy this or get this I will be really happy and satisfied. Well the pennies dropped, I have all these expensive things I have saved to buy. But really, am I satisfied with life now I have these things? No.
While having all these things I'm still unhappy because of friends situations and girls and family and not doing as great as I'd like in my work. Tbh when I thought back to when I had all those things in order I was a really happy and loved life. I didn't have allot of great possessions but I still was happy.
Now those things not being in place, but having all these nice things I'm still not happy. The point is Money and possessions aren't as satisfying as family and friends.
Anyone else experienced this I'm sure most of you realized this a long time ago. I'm just a selfish *****

Chippiewill
15-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I now have a new laptop (Thank god I got rid of my DELL) and thats made me a billion times happier because I can now play Half-life 2 lost coast. Although that may be because I am not sociable.

Bouncing
16-11-2008, 12:00 AM
possibly :P

FlyingJesus
16-11-2008, 02:36 AM
CLOTHES SHOPPING IT SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS :D:D

RedStratocas
16-11-2008, 02:48 AM

it sounds so gay but its true. i got a new pair of jeans a couple weeks ago and its made me really happy.

dirrty
16-11-2008, 02:50 AM
lol buying new clothes always makes me happy. i am easily amused though.

Metric1
16-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Money makes me happy.. seriously..

Danzilla
16-11-2008, 03:25 AM
For some reson, i have more fun and im alot more happy when i have no money.

dirrty
16-11-2008, 03:31 AM
i hate having no money lol. srsly without money, its like... boring.

Blinger1
16-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Same.. Gotta love the interest you get in my bank.. i got $10.92 for one month :P

16-11-2008, 04:03 AM
Money does make me happy. Whenever I get something new I'm just like really happy.

Blinger1
16-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Buying a car will make me happy.. means I am 18 and I can drive around finally by myself :)

RedStratocas
16-11-2008, 06:57 AM
ive got a few thousands dollars in the bank, but ive been careful spending lately cause i dont have a job anymore.

Blinger1
16-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Saving has to be the most annoying thing at the time, but in the end its worth it :)

Crimson
16-11-2008, 11:51 AM
if you've got lots and lots of money then yes. It does buy you happiness.

Fifteen
16-11-2008, 12:02 PM
The world revolves around money..

Bouncing
16-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah they do make me happy to some point, but its just like after a day I go back to not being happy haha. But yeah clothes might make you happy because now you can look good when you go out with boys/girls ?

Dan2nd
16-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Having money and being able to buy what I want when I want makes me very very happy :)

le harry
17-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah they do make me happy to some point, but its just like after a day I go back to not being happy haha. But yeah clothes might make you happy because now you can look good when you go out with boys/girls ?
bribe tha gurlz with $$

Lulz
18-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Whenever I have more then £5.00 I can happy, because it never happens, if I have money when I get home, I'm even happier, because £5.00 doesn't last me a hour any more, it's just gone on something.

If I have money, it opens up opitunitys to be happy; For example, I've got £30.00 - I can take my girlfriend to the cinema, or do something nice with her. If I've got £0.00 then I can't.

FlyingJesus
18-11-2008, 02:05 AM
But yeah clothes might make you happy because now you can look good when you go out with boys/girls ?

Precisely! People underestimate the power of quality clothing tbh. Buy all you want from Topman and Primark and whatever else, but however much "fashion" favours the cheap high street look at the moment, designer clothes and preppy stuff does make you feel like you're important.

18-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Precisely! People underestimate the power of quality clothing tbh. Buy all you want from Topman and Primark and whatever else, but however much "fashion" favours the cheap high street look at the moment, designer clothes and preppy stuff does make you feel like you're important.
Probably the best point in this thread.

Verrou
20-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Lol Blinger NAB?

But yer, i hate when I have no money, can't go out, buy anything. Really embarassing when you have to ask a friend to buy you a drink and lollypop at the cinema because you can't afford it atm. I'm quite well off, so I don't really care about money. Friends + Family, money is just a bonus...

Blinger1
20-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Lol Blinger NAB?

But yer, i hate when I have no money, can't go out, buy anything. Really embarassing when you have to ask a friend to buy you a drink and lollypop at the cinema because you can't afford it atm. I'm quite well off, so I don't really care about money. Friends + Family, money is just a bonus...
Nope, Bank West ;) Super Saver or what ever it is called - 6.35% PA...

I ued to be with the CBA and they only gave me 2 cents interest on 600 dollars!!!

MrGazet
20-11-2008, 12:31 PM

yeah preppy stuff and designer r hot.wish i cud buy em.and
RELLI money makes me happy so much.i can buy anything i want
so yeah money makes me happy.and the world revolves around money.when u hav money u can buy many good things and please urself

PintGlass
20-11-2008, 09:36 PM

So True, I Try Not To Buy "Cheap Clothes" And Save My Money, And Buy Clothes Which Are Expensive, Makes Me Feel So Much Better, :)

dirrty
20-11-2008, 09:42 PM
So True, I Try Not To Buy "Cheap Clothes" And Save My Money, And Buy Clothes Which Are Expensive, Makes Me Feel So Much Better, :)
Yeah I Don't Buy Cheap Clothes Either, Probably Because I'm Really Vain. I Couldn't Walk Around Wearing Primark Clothes As Its Like.... Mingin. Went Shopping On Monday And I Felt So Good After Spending All My Money.

Swinkid
20-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I think i agree with you, i feel 100000x happier when with my girl friend, than having money. I think that could be because i rarley see her as she has moved, but i still love her to pieces.

Jordy
20-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm quite satisfied with the things I get for my money, I save lots of my money and always go for very good deals and for the money I get I have some pretty cool stuff I'm satisfied with. I'm not satisfied as a person by all means, I think it has little effect on life for now but I don't feel I'm missing anything. I mean I'd like a HD TV, a Xbox 360 Elite, a gaming computer and a bigger ipod but I can easily live with out.

Rapidshare
21-11-2008, 12:33 AM

same lols

thats me xD

camera
21-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Well yeah, the past year I've tried to assure myself if I save for this, when I buy this or get this I will be really happy and satisfied. Well the pennies dropped, I have all these expensive things I have saved to buy. But really, am I satisfied with life now I have these things? No.
While having all these things I'm still unhappy because of friends situations and girls and family and not doing as great as I'd like in my work. Tbh when I thought back to when I had all those things in order I was a really happy and loved life. I didn't have allot of great possessions but I still was happy.
Now those things not being in place, but having all these nice things I'm still not happy. The point is Money and possessions aren't as satisfying as family and friends.
Anyone else experienced this I'm sure most of you realized this a long time ago. I'm just a selfish *****

Money/possessions are there to satisfy you yes. But its not for long term no. Tbh, it doesnt matter if you have money or not to be happy. Its how you live your life that will make you happy/miserable. :)

Earthquake
21-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Money does make you happy, and I know that for a fact!

FlyingJesus
21-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Money/possessions are there to satisfy you yes. But its not for long term no. Tbh, it doesnt matter if you have money or not to be happy. Its how you live your life that will make you happy/miserable. :)

I need money to live my life the way I want to lol, so money indirectly is the key to my happiness

Bef
21-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I can never save money so iv never had this problem. As soon as i get paied i hit the shops and then go out on the pis and it just goes :(

velvet
21-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Money makes me happy.

Metric1
22-11-2008, 05:16 AM
credit cards make me happier.

camera
22-11-2008, 09:15 AM
I can never save money so iv never had this problem.
SAME! i used all my allowance for food. i eat loads ha!

I need money to live my life the way I want to lol, so money indirectly is the key to my happiness
i think money is partly what you need to live your life the way you want to

Metric1
23-11-2008, 02:31 AM
http://www.khalids.com/EBAY/ANIMATED%20CLIPARTS/CREDIT%20CARD%20SWIPE.gif

makes me happy.

Rapidshare
23-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Love makes you happy, if you dont have love, then you need money to drink yourswlf to death

buttons
23-11-2008, 03:06 AM
Love makes you happy, if you dont have love, then you need money to drink yourswlf to death
does it? love is probably the best & worst experience ever ha, doesn't always make you happy. money doesn't make me happy, lately i've realised friends & family do. so wotever. i dnt need money, my mum usually buys me stuff

RedStratocas
23-11-2008, 03:11 AM
money makes me happy. i have a few thousand saved up from my job, but ive been going through it pretty fast. way faster than i thought. i still have plenty, but i dont like spending money but not making any. getting new or nice things makes me happy, and i dont think anything is wrong with that.

Rapidshare
23-11-2008, 03:11 AM
does it? love is probably the best & worst experience ever ha, doesn't always make you happy. money doesn't make me happy, lately i've realised friends & family do. so wotever. i dnt need money, my mum usually buys me stuff

you cannot be happy without any love.

money cant buy love.

buttons
23-11-2008, 03:13 AM
i'm happy & i'm not in love.
think your theory's bit incorrect. first and only time i was actually in love i was always bloody depressed.

Rapidshare
23-11-2008, 03:14 AM
i'm happy & i'm not in love.
think your theory's bit incorrect. first and only time i was actually in love i was always bloody depressed.

your thinking about the "love" from boyfriend ect

i talking about family and friends lol "/

they all love you dont they?

FlyingJesus
23-11-2008, 03:15 AM
Love isn't ever a bad thing - it's the lack or loss of love that hurts people. Love itself is by definition an entirely positive phenomenon. Then again, as Chamillionaire said:

Money don't do nothing, but bring you trouble
But for some reason I keep chasing you, I must be in love

Reppin' the love of money 2k8 xoxoxo

buttons
23-11-2008, 03:17 AM
your thinking about the "love" from boyfriend ect

i talking about family and friends lol "/

they all love you dont they?
oh right, well yeh i'd like to think so :)

camera
23-11-2008, 05:39 AM
love > money. xo

:Edzy
23-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I now have a new laptop (Thank god I got rid of my DELL) and thats made me a billion times happier because I can now play Half-life 2 lost coast. Although that may be because I am not sociable.
You're a loser tbh (no offence).

So true.

What can you do with money?

Buy Clothes - Look Good,
Go out - Have fun,

and tbh, i could have everything i ever wanted right now and i'm not that happy but with money, i would be so happy.

I know how to have fun and as long as i have my mates which i always will then i can continue to do that.

:)

x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!