PDA

View Full Version : video streaming?

.:Tom-:.
15-11-2008, 07:31 PM
hi, i want to do video streaming

any know of any servers to run on my servers?

Thanks

02-12-2008, 09:22 PM
hi, i want to do video streaming

any know of any servers to run on my servers?

Thanks

Bumpages??
Anyone?

Jamieb
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey, for one of my sites (www.look-at-my-rat.com) I use Stickam .. Google it:)

Source
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Your best off either using ustream.tv or stickam as the servers and technology to run streams is extremly expensive. I am at the moment creating a site where we use flash media server (which is expensive as hell) and a load of mixing equipment just to get a half decent stream.

Its complicated basically, so just use a pre-made service unless you are after higher quality (in which case you need a good upload pipe).

03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Ok thanks

Tom

iUnknown
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
You can stream video with the right software through SHOUTcasts - you'd need a high bitrate if you want decent picture quality though.

SHOUTcasts stream NSV format files, which gives an image output. There is software that allows you to open video files or use a webcam and converts and streams it live on a SHOUTcast - can't remember what it's called though and it's certainly in beta stages of development and hard to understand/get to work.

Heart Break Kid
08-12-2008, 10:26 PM
my college uses Estream.. try that =]

Fehm
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Mogulus.com is a good online broadcaster lol xD

LOLROB
10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Mogulus.com is a good online broadcaster lol xD

oy thats good what you want for nothing
but i heared they going to put ad's on the videos in 2 weeks for free users

but they are bringing out a pro plan which if it has a good price i will buy to setup my new project ;]

Fehm
10-12-2008, 03:28 PM
No there not, their having the option where users can select adverts and then make some money!

LOLROB
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
No there not, their having the option where users can select adverts and then make some money!

Well, on the pro package it says no adverts
which means to me that they are going to force adverts with the free users

23-12-2008, 07:35 PM
You can stream video with the right software through SHOUTcasts - you'd need a high bitrate if you want decent picture quality though.

SHOUTcasts stream NSV format files, which gives an image output. There is software that allows you to open video files or use a webcam and converts and streams it live on a SHOUTcast - can't remember what it's called though and it's certainly in beta stages of development and hard to understand/get to work.

Hi, if you remember please tell me:)

and can you add me to msn thanks
tom

[email protected]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!