PDA

View Full Version : Starting again!

Hypertext
15-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Woo! I'm happy. Don't tell anybody, but: I sold my account to a account seller thingy, then it got banned, so I sweet-talked a CS rep into giving it me back :D And I kept the money. BAMF or what?

Anyway. As soon as I get payed I'm walking down to game stop and getting me a copy of WotLK for the winter! I'll quit in the summer probably. :P Anyhoo, I have a few Qs for the l33ts out there.

I haven't played it for a while, so I've sort of forgotten most things. I only just remembered Thottbot and Alakhazam.

I have a 70 human mage on Lightbringer... is it still good or should I reroll? It should have a few epics as I recall, it should also have a few hundred gold, and 4 18-slot bags.

Have there been any major changes in WoW since I've been playing (about a year ago, by major I mean like.. you have another bag slot or something)?

Is there any quick place I can read up on WotLK (I haven't been following WoW for over a year)?

Worth becoming a death knight? (and how? prerequisites?)

I think that's about it. Thanks!

Crimson
15-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Q1: There's not a question.
Q2: No point in rerolling. If you do, reroll a DK.
Q3: Yes. Alot. It will be seriously weird for the first month or so.
Q4: Wow-europe.com
Q5: Depends whether you want a level 80 first or to try out a DK. I'm making a DK because I hate rogues and I hate paladins... and my levels 70s are... guess what.

Hypertext
15-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Nice.

Sorry about Q1.

Could you elaborate on the big changes in Q3?

Crimson
15-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Erm.. Well

The PvP system, new talents, spells etc - New inbuilt aggro system, err... Probably general new layout. Nerfs, overpowers..... eurhh. A new island above silvermoon full of new dailies, a new raid and new instance. Voice chat - inbuilt...

LOTS!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes

DrLacero
15-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Lots of mobs have been changed from elite to non-elite (I do mean a lot, going through Horde questline I must have seen "x is no longer elite" on Wowhead at least 50 times). Ghost speed is increased, dungeons have been nerfed, new loot types. That's all I can remember, doubtless there are more.

Hypertext
15-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys!

Excuse my rustiness. Nerf is made worse, right? And loot types? I'm guessing this is obvious stuff :rolleyes: I have a lot to learn...

Crimson
15-11-2008, 10:38 PM
yeah, nerf means made worse..

OOH

Also, +healing has been removed. It's all +spell damage now. :D

DrLacero
15-11-2008, 11:47 PM
yeah, nerf means made worse..

OOH

Also, +healing has been removed. It's all +spell damage now. :D

On yeah, which is weird cos certain items are still enchanted with "...of healing" even though it's all spells.

Hypertext
16-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Awesome, means my mage is more powerful, right? Or was there some nerfing involved?

PS: If anybody wants to use a scroll of ressurection on me... I don't know if it works if I already have BC, or if it works with WotLK, 'cos that'll be what I'm buying.

Also, just looking through the WoW website, a lot of it is rushing back to me, I'm remembering how much I love it! How much I love belfs (is that what we call 'em?), shame I'm a human mage. :/ I'd do anything to be a belf pala.

DrLacero
16-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Fire mages have been nerfed, frost is still powerful and arcane moreso. (Higher dps, less good at cc).

Reroll Horde

Hypertext
16-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Has leveling 1-60 got easier? and 60-70? Will it play well on a Mac Pro with base gfx and 30" monitor @ 2560x1600?

And excuse my ignorance, if I reroll a horde DK (on PvE) will I keep my alliance mage?

Nemo
16-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Has leveling 1-60 got easier? and 60-70? Will it play well on a Mac Pro with base gfx and 30" monitor @ 2560x1600?

And excuse my ignorance, if I reroll a horde DK (on PvE) will I keep my alliance mage?
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Should do.
4) Yes, you can roll a horde DK and keep your ally mage. Though you cannot roll a horde DK on a pvp server if you have an alliance there.

Hypertext
16-11-2008, 02:44 AM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Should do.
4) Yes, you can roll a horde DK and keep your ally mage. Though you cannot roll a horde DK on a pvp server if you have an alliance there.

Awesome, so you can literally double your characters. That's pretty damn cool.

Nemo
16-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Awesome, so you can literally double your characters. That's pretty damn cool.
Yah, but for now they've made it so you can only make 1 DK.

Hypertext
16-11-2008, 03:22 AM
Yah, but for now they've made it so you can only make 1 DK.

Good. Otherwise everyone would be a frickin' death knight. =]

Crimson
16-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Oh and one thing, because of the epix death knights, in lore basis... paladins are like their arch enemies and so retri paladins have been seriously seriously buffed up. The latest patch they were nerfed a tiny bit but they are still majorly over powered. :P

Nemo
16-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Good. Otherwise everyone would be a frickin' death knight. =]
Trust me, everyone is ;D

Oh and one thing, because of the epix death knights, in lore basis... paladins are like their arch enemies and so retri paladins have been seriously seriously buffed up. The latest patch they were nerfed a tiny bit but they are still majorly over powered. :P
i dont know...they're kinda not that amazing anymore.

Crimson
16-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Trust me, everyone is ;D

i dont know...they're kinda not that amazing anymore.

Playing my mates char who's retri (greens and blues (preWotLK)) he was top dps in the Nexus against a T5 mage, a rogue (Dungeon blues - a couple of wotlk items) and a full green hunter :B

I think they're still imbah.

Ichig0
16-11-2008, 05:45 PM

I'm on the err

When I bought it it was the cheapest of like 3 macbooks, bout 600£, yours sounds mre expensive so it should be okay, I struggle sometimes in Shattrath and sometimes when there're too many flashy shamans in Gruuls but really it works fine with a bit of patience. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!