PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video not working; something about recovery mode? [+REP]

:Donut
15-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Alright, so one day I listened to my iPod, just like any other day. Ran out of battery, so I charged it on my computer via USB like I always do, then I noticed the Do Not Disconnect screen looking slightly different, I just assumed it was just part of a new update or something. Then when I went to my iTunes it says my iPod was in recovery mode. I clicked restore, then it says complete. iTunes opened up again and my iPod wasn't on iTunes. It was connected, and yeah. I don't know what's going on.

Right at this moment it's stuck at the Do Not Disconnect screen and I don't know what to do. Please Help! +REP

I need my music on the go. :(

Jam
16-11-2008, 12:44 PM
I think you flick the Hold switch and hold down the center button. Mine got jammed on the Apple loading screen once and I did that I think.

mb-group.net
16-11-2008, 08:55 PM
That should do it.

Good luck!

Monopoly
16-11-2008, 09:00 PM
If none of that works, go to an Apple store and have them check to see if your hard drive has failed, that happened to me jsut last week and it was a failed hardrive.

mb-group.net
16-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I have a Classic 80GB and never have had a problem with the hard disk. Its very rare that the hard disk has failed, but there is a possibility. If you visit http://support.apple.com/uk, they may have a fix in their FAQ's.

Hope this helps.

Jin
18-11-2008, 01:15 AM
I have a Classic 80GB and never have had a problem with the hard disk. Its very rare that the hard disk has failed, but there is a possibility. If you visit http://support.apple.com/uk, they may have a fix in their FAQ's.

Hope this helps.

I am apple certified, hard disk is the most common cause of iPod failure (if you treat it well) the statistics are skewed in other directions because most warranty claims are on accidental damage such as crack screens, dropped ipods, wet ipods etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!