PDA

View Full Version : Help with Scanner on Vista

Jam
16-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I've got a scanner and for the first time I need to use it on this computer (I used it for 4 years on a Dell XP one), it doesn't work. I get this when I try and install the actual scanning parf of the program, which just pops up then when I click OK juist skips this install and just installs the menu bit.

http://uploadpicz.com/images/ZKFEPL6.png

I thought Windows would install it itself before I put the CD in, and it couldnt find anything but then linked be to the Epson site, I installed the driver and it came up on uinstall programs but not under All programs, or any link to start the program in Program files.

I'm on a Sony VAIO FZ38M and the scanner is an Epson Perfection 1260.

Thanks,
James.

scottish
16-11-2008, 12:43 PM
control panel > scanners and cameras it should be in there, not in program files/all programs :P

Jam
16-11-2008, 12:45 PM
No I checked there under the Wizard, it picked up some Xenon thing, which makes no sence, and it could'nt have been Xenon tech in the Epson because Windows picked it up as Epson Scanner when it was searching for hardware.

Recursion
16-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Xenon is a type of flash for cameras.

Jam
16-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh well. Looks like I'm stuffed. Its urgent so i've just took a picture and used that instead of scanning it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!