PDA

View Full Version : As much help as possible!

efq
17-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, I was wondering if any of you guys/girls could give me any information or tutorials on a subject that I just started today in my GCSE IT OCR.
We are starting to make a website on Frontpage and stuff in school and I asked the teacher what I'd need the most and he said something like "dynamic layout" coding I can edit and stuff.

I want a really cool layer to really wipe the rest out, most things in my IT subjects I can pass with flying colours but when it comes to CSS and stuff, I go blank.

So if anyone could link me to tutorials, guides you name it too help me get distinction again then I'll love you!

Many many thanks,

Sam

Fehm
17-11-2008, 07:10 PM
We designed our website part of the coursework in Serif Webplus ^^ and remember, its only 14 marks with OCR (for the website) and the other 46 is the actually writing side. So doing a crap website will only put you on borderline A/B!

So do the best you can and remember, so long as it looks organised and has the content suited (Are you doinmg the Top Choic Travel Agents one?) to the websites function.

Add things like Hyperlinks and stuff you can comment on in the written coursework and other than that i'm sure you'll be fine =] Dont worry too much about the coding it doesnt get marked!

Decode
17-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Eww front page, notepad FTW. Anyway I would recomend looking over some css examples, it will help you to understand how it works. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp. Or look at a popular website layout and use some of there ideas as insperation (don't just rip the images and stuff). :P

Jackboy
17-11-2008, 10:39 PM
We designed our website part of the coursework in Serif Webplus ^^ and remember, its only 14 marks with OCR (for the website) and the other 46 is the actually writing side. So doing a crap website will only put you on borderline A/B!

So do the best you can and remember, so long as it looks organised and has the content suited (Are you doinmg the Top Choic Travel Agents one?) to the websites function.

Add things like Hyperlinks and stuff you can comment on in the written coursework and other than that i'm sure you'll be fine =] Dont worry too much about the coding it doesnt get marked!

Omg Serif Webplus is absolutely amazing for begginers. I learnt in it. :D:D:D

efq
19-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks guys, Ill look at the W3Schools website in school and download Serif Webplus on my computer to learn.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!