PDA

View Full Version : Did LBP really live up to the hype?

Technologic
17-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Short answer no.

Long answer Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tbh, i've got bored with it and i'm even considering taking it back. After all the hype and hoo-ha i feel that the game, although new and creative, is just too boring. The story levels are very wll made but the are so few of them and only a handful of player made levels are at the same standard.

What do you all think?

Fez
17-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I think it's too frustating to spend a month creating a level and only 3 people playing it, it's a great game with friends, but it becomes a drag alone.

Stitch
18-11-2008, 07:50 AM
I hate it how there is loads of really good levels but the ones that get the most plays and hearts are levels with the words rocket or trophies in them.

Southe,
18-11-2008, 01:21 PM
make a trophey and give it to them at the end of the level? xD

yea to be honest its not that i got bored of it, i got it then 2 days later got ninja storm, and then got dvds so just havent been on it. im sure when they start releasing packs and stuff it will get intresting again. and to sort out the problem with peoples levels. could have a thread saying levels you made and ppl on here can go play them. that way you can get a decent amount of plays and hearts. maybe helping it attract attention? i dunno.

Have about 6 resident evils coming which i want to play, unleashed is coming out and so is animal crossing. so probably wont be on LBP till then.

Casual
18-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Erm.. its crap! loved the beta so i ordered it and i played the day after it came out and haven't played it since.. theres so much better things to be playing atm than that crap! im taking it back to game to get £30 :)

Wayne
18-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I was gonna get it for Christmas but I'm not now, the reviews aren't that good.

Johno
18-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Does a game ever live up to the hype?

I enoyed it when I played it the first time but I could see it becoming quite boring, very easily. For all it was fun and "overly" customizable it was just a game that seemed to have somewhat of a flawed platforming concept.

Jibbish
18-11-2008, 06:50 PM
A game that receives loads of hype will not live up to it.

Neil
18-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I quite enjoyed playing it, I could see it getting boring fast though

Still going to buy it when I get a PS3 though xD

MrPinkPanther
19-11-2008, 11:57 AM
LBP looked amazing and was for the first while then it gets a bit too laborious for my liking, you end up playing it but not for fun.

A game that receives loads of hype will not live up to it.

Does a game ever live up to the hype?
Super Mario Galaxy

Neil
19-11-2008, 07:41 PM
LBP looked amazing and was for the first while then it gets a bit too laborious for my liking, you end up playing it but not for fun.

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy is an awful game xD

kk.
19-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I hate it how there is loads of really good levels but the ones that get the most plays and hearts are levels with the words rocket or trophies in them.

tell me about it...

It should at least randomize every hour or so. Its all the same levels on the front as always, Azure palace, world of colour, 7 trophies in 30 seconds, lividius.jp and others.

The one thing that has confused me though is the play create share score? Wth is that all about? Theyre all 0's still? and i dont get what it is. im thinking a patch will come out to make them work.

Fez
19-11-2008, 09:16 PM
My levels are 'outrageously funny' (according to a comment), yet they've all been played over 100 times, not 300,00 like azure etc.

kk.
19-11-2008, 09:21 PM
jealous, how do you get yours to be played that many times lol

the most for mine is like 51

Fez
19-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, just play them and see haha.

kk.
19-11-2008, 09:25 PM
i have, the key one you published, i got the first green thing going up and the key broke cus i went past it an it crushed it :(, it was a sad day for all of us.

i gave up. ill play it tomorrow though

Fez
19-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Ah good, I just published How fast can you beat the Collector 3? and added prizes and the key to 2

Stitch
19-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I aced every level and got 100% prize bubbles today :D I'm trying to get 6 more hearts as an author and play loads more community levels to get the other two gold trophies.

kk.
20-11-2008, 05:00 PM
ill go heart all your levels for you lol

oh wait nm lol. its the author one you need

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!