PDA

View Full Version : Why is WAMP?

Luke
18-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi
I've set up WAMP to develop my site offline, and i've put the usersystem on, and it's displaying like this
http://www.tehupload.com/upload.php?action=upload
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/511222486a80a42why.PNG

Any ideas?

L?KE
18-11-2008, 05:19 PM
That's nothing to do with WAMP, probs your code.

Luke
18-11-2008, 05:20 PM
no, because it works fine on a hosting account

edgates
18-11-2008, 05:22 PM
In the task tray, what does the WAMP logo like? PHP might not be turned on.

Iszak
18-11-2008, 05:31 PM
It could also be the fact that you've used shorthand tags "<?" and the server has them disabled, but I'm going to say edgates is probably more along the lines of the problem.

Jackboy
18-11-2008, 05:31 PM
You viewing on ur localhost?

Luke
18-11-2008, 05:33 PM
ok, the wamp light is white, yes i'm viedwing on localhost, but i've also tried viewing on http://*IP*

Is there a way that i can enable <? tags, since it would take years to cahnge them all lol

Thanks
Luke

Iszak
18-11-2008, 05:43 PM
In php.ini you'll have a line with
short_open_tag = Off now it will either be Off or On, change it accordingly. It's located in your php folder, but sometimes the server puts them in other places (XAMPP puts a copy in apache\bin for example) so use phpinfo and find "Loaded Configuration File".

Luke
18-11-2008, 05:46 PM
short tag thing worked a treat ;)
Didn't work but then restarted php and it did :P

TY verymuch

+rep to everyone if i can :p

Jackboy
18-11-2008, 06:03 PM
In php.ini you'll have a line with now it will either be Off or On, change it accordingly. It's located in your php folder, but sometimes the server puts them in other places (XAMPP puts a copy in apache\bin for example) so use phpinfo and find "Loaded Configuration File".

That's interesting.. I used to have that problem, i couldn't use <?, not that i do anymore anyway, but i have no experience with the php.ini file.

+rep if i can for pointing it out

Iszak
18-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, well they can cause conflicts with XML e.g. "<?xml version="1.0"?>" so it is often best to have it off. Of course the work around is to simply get PHP to echo that, personally I just stick with <?php tags as <? seems to be depreciated. Anyhow glad I could help both of yous in some way or form.

Calon
18-11-2008, 07:49 PM
That's interesting.. I used to have that problem, i couldn't use <?, not that i do anymore anyway, but i have no experience with the php.ini file.

+rep if i can for pointing it out
You should really have learnt about short tags, and how to control your PHP configuration.

PHP short tags are usually set to Off as a default.

Jackboy
18-11-2008, 08:57 PM
You should really have learnt about short tags, and how to control your PHP configuration.

PHP short tags are usually set to Off as a default.

I have never altered php.ini in my life because i used wamp for like a week and that was when i could barely code...

Also only the server admin can edit the configuration, and i have always been on shared hosting.

So, er yeh ;)

Calon
18-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I have never altered php.ini in my life because i used wamp for like a week and that was when i could barely code...

Also only the server admin can edit the configuration, and i have always been on shared hosting.

So, er yeh ;)
Ah, fair enough.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!