PDA

View Full Version : FREE "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers!

lolwut
18-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Send off a SAE to:
The Linux Emporium
Bridge House
17a Maybrook Road
Sutton Coldfield
Birmingham
B76 1AL UK

Link, if you don't believe me:
http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9

Stuck my SAE in the post literally seconds ago. Expecting delivery by a fortnight, but not sure as there's no obvious delivery time on the website.

NOTE: These are those little "Powered by..." rectangular stickers and NOT those long ones.
I'll be sticking mine over the Windows 98 logo on my Ubuntu PC and one on my Xubuntu laptop. :)

If you've got one, or are getting one; post where you've plonked 'em!

swilson
14-12-2008, 09:01 AM
OOOO Thankyou!!

Jordulti
18-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks! Even though I am switching back to Vista I will keep these stickers for an old desktop I have lying around somewhere!

Stephen!
19-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Well its not really free though because you need to buy a stamp to send the letter

Nli.
19-12-2008, 01:29 PM
What's a SAE? I know it's probably a stupid thing to ask but meh :D

lolwut
19-12-2008, 11:07 PM
What's a SAE? I know it's probably a stupid thing to ask but meh :D
It's a envelope with a stamp on, addressed to you. Prepaid kinda thing, it stands for Self Addressed Envelope.
Most companies will either give you one if you're sending them something back like an application form for a bank account, or in other cases companies ask you for a SAE so they don't have to pay postage etc on sending you whatever it is you asked for. (Like in this case, you basically send 'em a SAE and they stick some stickers in the envelope and send it back.)

For anyone who cares, I put my Ubuntu stickers on my laptop, desktop, other desktop and one's on my Mac over the Apple logo due to me deciding literally seconds ago that I don't like the Apple logo. :P

Kevin
19-12-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm doing just fine with the ones they sent with the disks, thank you though

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!