PDA

View Full Version : The New Xbox Experience

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 10:07 AM
NXE has just been sent out for everyone to download. It might take a while for some people to get the update message though so be patient (you can't expect them to let all xbox users download it at once :P).

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Awesome. I'm in College till 1PM so I'll check it when I get in. List the features you can fiiiind!

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Update message still hasn't popped up for me however most the features have been talked about on game sites.

Main ones:
- Redesign dashboard
- Install game to harddrive and play it from there (silences your cd drive!)
- Queue downloads from xbox.com (and will download straight away if your xbox is on and you are signed in on it)
- Parties
- Netflix integration (US only though)
- Reorganised marketplace (all information on a game is in 1 place)
- Community games

Smaller features:
- New themes
- Ability to delete 0 score achievement games

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Can you screenshot Xbox.com interface for me? I can't get onto it, and I know they were updating the website last night so you could change account details more freely. Is there an option to organise your Friends List into groups?

Jord
19-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Lol someone said 4 hours..

Mine took 2 mins not even that.

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Lol someone said 4 hours..

Mine took 2 mins not even that.
Dial up or exaggeration probably :P.

Jord
19-11-2008, 10:22 AM
nxe is wicked :D I took a screenie of my avatar and hes my gamertag picture now :)

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Dial up or exaggeration probably :P.

Dial up no doubt. Is there any mention of a movies system or has that been removed? Arrrgh I wanna get home now lol.

J0SH
19-11-2008, 10:26 AM
We're on wireless, and I already had NXE for a week but couldn't connect to LIVE of course but looks like I still haven't got the message but I always do get an update :P Hopefully soon.

Edit: Signed into a different account and now it's downloading, woo.

Edit: 63 Minutes, ****...

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Josh, it probably says that but I bet so many people want to download it now, that it will be that long. They'll probably releasing the update in batches of people, so that the servers aren't pummeled all at once. That may also be why they said there could be people waiting till 2PM for the update.

That's how I'd do it, but Microsoft are unpredictable lol.

J0SH
19-11-2008, 10:35 AM
It's on 3 minutes now, it just gives false figures but Major Nelson says it'll take 3-6 minutes.

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 10:37 AM
They are giving it to gold members first as well (priority anyway).

Mins downloading now btw (when I made this post). Nearly done now..

Edit: Download done. Its now installing.

Con
19-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Is this actually something you have to download? :P

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Is this actually something you have to download? :P
Yeah. I think it signs you out of live if you don't.

J0SH
19-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Mines done, I've done my avatar as you can tell by my sig and I'm putting CoD: World at War on my hard drive.

Con
19-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah. I think it signs you out of live if you don't.

Oh right.
Might as well sign in now, Needed to put in my codes for my free 48 hour gold trials :D

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I've heard there's an option to opt out of the NXE, not sure if its true though.

Scouse
19-11-2008, 11:01 AM
just downloaded mine, didnt take long. this looks good! :D

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh right.
Might as well sign in now, Needed to put in my codes for my free 48 hour gold trials :D
I put in the code for my 13 month gold membership :P.

Just created my avatar :).

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I put in the code for my 13 month gold membership :P.

Just created my avatar :).

Addicted much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADD ME <3 :P Oh god damnit I wanna get home so badly lol, 1 hour to go and I'm searching Youtube like a hawk for carcasses.

J0SH
19-11-2008, 11:21 AM
So far so good.

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I need to know, can you group friends on your friends list!!!!!!!!

J0SH
19-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I need to know, can you group friends on your friends list!!!!!!!!

I don't think you can.

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 11:33 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh thats so gay, so so so so so so so so gay. That was the only thing I was looking forward to omg.

J0SH
19-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Did they even confirm it was a feature? :P

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 11:39 AM
No, but I was hoping they would LOL. I heard rumours they were considering it.

Hiro
19-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Mine's done in like 5mins :D

newWORLDorder
19-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Got it around 10:05. Love it. Avatars are great, new clothes will be released in Theme packs.

Anyone know what Premium Themes are? Do they have like, custom Friends list Themes and stuff?

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Got it around 10:05. Love it. Avatars are great, new clothes will be released in Theme packs.

Anyone know what Premium Themes are? Do they have like, custom Friends list Themes and stuff?

Found this on a forum:

There's this one bundled with the NXE called "spectrum" which changes colors/backgrounds flowing-ly (like ripples in a pond). I guess the premium themes will have this effect (which is why they cost more) while the regular themes just change like they did in the old dashboard.

Also, new Premium themes in NXE also change the backdrop sets of all of your friends. It's a nice touch!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=huK-U1IkDEU ~ Example of the Gears of War 2 Premium Theme. ;)

Wootzeh
19-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Get home in about an hour cant wait for it :D gonna try make hitler as my avatar

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Get home in about an hour cant wait for it :D gonna try make hitler as my avatar
How did I know someone would try that :P?

newWORLDorder
19-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Theres no hitler tash. I made a Pools Closed black guy earlier, Afro aint puffy enough and the only suit atm is a Tan suit.

---MAD---
19-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Theres no hitler tash. I made a Pools Closed black guy earlier, Afro aint puffy enough and the only suit atm is a Tan suit.
Off course there wouldn't be one :P. They tried to make it as little offensive as possible.

I think the hair styles need more detail. The xbox is powerful enough to handle it although it might make them too realistic (which they want to avoid).

newWORLDorder
19-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I was suprised on how many hairstyles there are tbh, quite a lot. I would like more realistic short hair styles, So many bowlhead cuts and combovers and stuff lol.

Jord
19-11-2008, 01:29 PM

I got 2 Suits tanned and white

Dan
19-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Mines downloading now :P says its gonna take 20 odd minutes

Jord
19-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Haha pantwon mine was only 2 mins >;]

Plus I was first on hxf to get it :D

Pyroka
19-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Um ok my NXE download took about 30 seconds... lol, if not less.

The installation, well we'll see lol.

Con
19-11-2008, 03:55 PM
lol I'm finally updating mine now.
1 Minute remaining.

Um ok my NXE download took about 30 seconds... lol, if not less.
same lol

cocaine
19-11-2008, 04:14 PM
i accepted t&cs but now its on a blank black screen.

Dan
19-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Haha pantwon mine was only 2 mins >;]

Plus I was first on hxf to get it :D

doesnt bother me, still downloaded it in the end :P will take abit of getting used to though

Kardan
19-11-2008, 04:16 PM
It's amazing :D Took me about 6 minutes to download mine...

Really loving the theme changes aswell :)

Recursion
19-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Installing <3

Sepron
19-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Loving it

PaulMacC
19-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Installing now.

Recursion
19-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I LOVE IT.

J0SH
19-11-2008, 04:57 PM
It's so fun just to sit in a chat and having a laugh customizing avatars, I made Craig James and it was pretty pro, I'ma make Gary Glitter later :eusa_whis

Fehm
19-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Got it its amazing =]

Lol i love my little dude with the groovy funky hair xD!

add me:
ZimmerWhizz

Fifteen
19-11-2008, 05:33 PM
oh my god!!

update in progresss

can't ****** wait!""""""""""""""""""""2

Joe!
19-11-2008, 05:51 PM
installing now :)
Approximately 14minutes remaining ;(

CJW93
19-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I love the Nxe but my xbox keeps freezing alot

Andeeh
19-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Its wicked to long time to download but i love the parties mode when are avatar games released cause i cant acess them atm

my avatar in sig btw

Alba
20-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Only good thing about it all is the party mode. No longer do you need to put up with the loudmouths on ANY game now.

Although this will make the sad people that go for acheivments, have a field day in online acheivment games.

J0SH
20-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Only good thing about it all is the party mode. No longer do you need to put up with the loudmouths on ANY game now.

Although this will make the sad people that go for acheivments, have a field day in online acheivment games.

So anyone who wants to show a sense of achievement for a game is sad? Just because we don't wanna play online 24/7 like you. :)

Alba
20-11-2008, 05:24 AM
So anyone who wants to show a sense of achievement for a game is sad? Just because we don't wanna play online 24/7 like you. :)
Basically.. yes. How can you honestly get a 'sense of acheivment' about getting points on game? What are you going to use that acheivment on? Your C.V? A pick-up line for girls?

No. It's just a stupid number in an online world. Acheivments kinda ruins the point of gaming, since people go all out for them and look at walkthroughs/spoilers to pursure their desperate desire for a number to go up by 5 points. Fair play if you don't, though. :)

I'm not just directing this at you by the way. That's just in general how i feel.

J0SH
20-11-2008, 06:16 AM
It does show a sense of achievement actually, just as if I complete WaW on vetern I'd get an achievement for it, it's not wrong to feel proud about that..

MeRkAgE
20-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Basically.. yes. How can you honestly get a 'sense of acheivment' about getting points on game? What are you going to use that acheivment on? Your C.V? A pick-up line for girls?

No. It's just a stupid number in an online world. Acheivments kinda ruins the point of gaming, since people go all out for them and look at walkthroughs/spoilers to pursure their desperate desire for a number to go up by 5 points. Fair play if you don't, though. :)

I'm not just directing this at you by the way. That's just in general how i feel.

You can sell your xbox account for money :)

Wootzeh
20-11-2008, 11:33 AM

Achievements make short games last longer :)

Loqo
20-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Just downloaded it, seems pretty awesome up to now. Very happy with it!

Geo23
20-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Its a good little update

The new thing where you can create your own person is a great idea

But

It does take a while to load for me.

Oleh
20-11-2008, 07:33 PM

Achievments give you a sense of accomplishment and proof that you have done that, such as if i say i completed Saints row 2 the day it was released nobody would believe me but if i show them my achievments i can show the date

---MAD---
20-11-2008, 10:29 PM

It may be stupid to you but not to others. You should at least try to understand and at the very least respect that. I am sure there are things you enjoy doing that others would think is stupid.

There are clearly a lot of people that care about achievements or else they wouldn't be popular. So popular that infact Sony had to copy and introduce the trophy system into their own games.

newWORLDorder
20-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Tbh, looking at them they seem stupid, but they do infact add a sense of challenge and competition to the games your playing.

Neil
20-11-2008, 10:49 PM
It may be stupid to you but not to others. You should at least try to understand and at the very least respect that. I am sure there are things you enjoy doing that others would think is stupid.

There are clearly a lot of people that care about achievements or else they wouldn't be popular. So popular that infact Sony had to copy and introduce the trophy system into their own games.

So popular that habbo, world of warcraft, flash websites and various games now have award/achievement systems now and it started with the xbox, clearly achievements in games are a much bigger thing than some seem to realise :P

newWORLDorder
20-11-2008, 10:52 PM
So popular that habbo, world of warcraft, flash websites and various games now have award/achievement systems now and it started with the xbox, clearly achievements in games are a much bigger thing than some seem to realise :P

Also, PS3 have to have Trophys on ALL GAMES as a requirment from 2009 onwards.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!