PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Update?!

Sleuthing
19-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Can someone tell me why in the world Xbox would make this update. It's like them just saying, young kids come, and for older people, sell if and go get ps3.

Like this Avatar stuff? Is it serious? Why not get a motion contorller.. Oh wait thats the nintendo WII. Sorry. But seriously, how does this appeal to any one older then like 16? Cause all my frineds and i think its just dumb. And lastly, all i can see this doing is bringing more racist people out. I can already see it, on my frineds list i have people making there Charaters black thinking it looks funny. When really its just embarassing having them on my frineds list.. So i would love som feedback, can Cod:WaW is amazing.

Hiro
20-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Can someone tell me why in the world Xbox would make this update. It's like them just saying, young kids come, and for older people, sell if and go get ps3.

Like this Avatar stuff? Is it serious? Why not get a motion contorller.. Oh wait thats the nintendo WII. Sorry. But seriously, how does this appeal to any one older then like 16? Cause all my frineds and i think its just dumb. And lastly, all i can see this doing is bringing more racist people out. I can already see it, on my frineds list i have people making there Charaters black thinking it looks funny. When really its just embarassing having them on my frineds list.. So i would love som feedback, can Cod:WaW is amazing.

I quite like it, for one. It's a lot smoother than the previous dashboard. As for the avatars, they're nothing like the Nintendo Wii's Miis. They are totally different, and Microsoft had been creating the avatar system before the Wii..
And with your friends making black people, how do you know that they're not black themselves? Unless of course you know them in real life, but then you said that your friends hate it. Also, when you say it's embarrassing, that's kind of racist if you don't know whether they're black or not.

J0SH
20-11-2008, 12:07 PM

They probably are black, and I think the people look quiet realistic, you can make them so they look like you etc, and it doesn't even look like Nintendo Wii's unrealistic Mii's and consoles always copy off each other, that's how the business world works, get used to it.

Wootzeh
20-11-2008, 12:14 PM
you're canadian. lol.

Andeeh
20-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Big companies always still ideas of eachother? lol i like it anyway

Dan
20-11-2008, 03:45 PM
I like it too now ive got more used to it, u will come around to it in time :]

CJW93
20-11-2008, 04:08 PM

Minstrels
20-11-2008, 04:19 PM
www.xbox.com Check the forums. LOADS of adults love it. Just because your a grumpy **** and can't handle change doesn't mean it's ****.

Sepron
20-11-2008, 04:21 PM
xbox ftw

Camy
20-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Its alot better tbh, and the avatars aren't really that childish.
Everythings alot smoother now, and looking like Vista.

Recursion
20-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Are you serious? The motion sensing controllers on the PS3 flopped, Microsoft were laughing in Sony's face.

-REP for a ******** post.

Suck
20-11-2008, 09:54 PM
The main idea of the new dashboard thingy (I'm not a 360 owner :P) was to draw in all ages. Microsoft are trying to make the 360 a family console which is why they have the parental controls and kids games. They're bringing out The Movies, Lips, Scene it and stuff like that to appeal to families as the 360 is now the cheapest next gen console available.

Sleuthing
21-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Well personnally to the poeple that say how do i know they are black? Well first off then they make the guy look rediculous, thats a sign and wehn you talk to them, you have somewhat of a general knowledge.

And now that i ahve gotten used to it, the Avatars are like just there, So sorry this was when if first came out, I dunno when it came out in the UK.

And about the motion senser controllers, thta was just a joke.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!