PDA

View Full Version : 'the unfair monopoly..'

Competitive
20-11-2008, 05:28 PM
'An unfair monopoly..' as someones signature described it.
Habbo has taken action against fansites selling VIP subscriptions,
VIP subscriptions are what fund fansites, and dramatically help the increase of a site.
Forum's, radio's and hosting isn't cheap.
Now, at 6pm tonight, there's rumours of a protest, at the big H, #1.
I'm going, what about you?
Lets fight for our fansites!

Thread closed by AMERlCA.. (Forum Moderator): Due to Arugments and to prevent further Arugments.

Pyroka
20-11-2008, 05:43 PM
... Have you been asleep for the past week?

Competitive
20-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Nope, quite awake.
And no-ones done anything about it.

Jam
20-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Because no-one can do anything about it. You can protest all you want but Sulake couldn't give a hoot.

Pyroka
20-11-2008, 05:49 PM
As I said, HAVE YOU BEEN ASLEEP FOR THE PAST WEEK?

Alot's been done about it, alot more than a ****** pixel protest. You do know staff won't even notice, because it's past office opening hours and they'll all be going home now? Even at 6PM, I doubt the first thing on the to-do list is to check for riots and protests.

Le fail, ensues.

Con
20-11-2008, 06:03 PM
As I said, HAVE YOU BEEN ASLEEP FOR THE PAST WEEK?

Alot's been done about it, alot more than a ****** pixel protest. You do know staff won't even notice, because it's past office opening hours and they'll all be going home now? Even at 6PM, I doubt the first thing on the to-do list is to check for riots and protests.

Le fail, ensues.
lmao so true :P
and the signature.. does it look somewhat like mine? :)

Jordy
20-11-2008, 06:16 PM
This is quite a obvious Monopoly really, Sulake has all the hotels :(

irJen
20-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Sulake ought to blog a statement tbh, I believe it's a little deeper than just protecting profits.

Pyroka
20-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Sulake ought to blog a statement tbh, I believe it's a little deeper than just protecting profits.

Yep, protecting profits and making all the fansites suffer just for their entertainment. :eusa_clap

Okeanos
20-11-2008, 06:35 PM
you're using habbo content on a habbo themed forum, so im amazed Sulake let you charge for premium services for so long

Yep, protecting profits and making all the fansites suffer just for their entertainment. :eusa_clap

protecting profits? no im sure it has a lot more to do with protecting brand name and image, which is perfectly understandable

if VIP is that important to you, give it away for free!

AgnesIO
20-11-2008, 06:40 PM
you're using habbo content on a habbo themed forum, so im amazed Sulake let you charge for premium services for so long

protecting profits? no im sure it has a lot more to do with protecting brand name and image, which is perfectly understandable

if VIP is that important to you, give it away for free!

Just so you could afford it :rolleyes:

luce
20-11-2008, 06:42 PM
No staff would see the thing anyway lol they're all at home ;)
I can't see VIP going anywhere tbh though

Okeanos
20-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Just so you could afford it :rolleyes:

is this all you can bring to this discussion? go read a book

if i wanted VIP, i would pay for it

Decode
20-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Okeanos, the fact is many fansites won't be able to run anymore because of how much hosting costs and vip generated most of there money.

Habtopia
20-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Okeanos, the fact is many fansites won't be able to run anymore because of how much hosting costs and vip generated most of there money.

Correct +rep :)

Okeanos
20-11-2008, 06:55 PM

so?...

if a fansite owner cant come up with the funds to run their site, they shouldn't have one

AgnesIO
20-11-2008, 06:55 PM
is this all you can bring to this discussion? go read a book

if i wanted VIP, i would pay for it

well mind your own bloody business then :l

Okeanos
20-11-2008, 06:59 PM

again, you dont seem to be able to post a coherent sentence let alone anything of any interest

just because i dont have VIP, doesn't mean i cant give an opinion on the topic in hand

PriceTags
20-11-2008, 07:01 PM

As much as I'm not best keen on Okeanos myself, from a Habbox staff, that attitude is appalling and uncalled for. Maybe you should 'go read a book' - or at least the Habbox staff rules...

AgnesIO
20-11-2008, 07:02 PM
again, you dont seem to be able to post a coherent sentence let alone anything of any interest

just because i dont have VIP, doesn't mean i cant give an opinion on the topic in hand

I think most will agree, you are being ridiculous.

The fact is habbox would die without vip, yet your using it?

'Can't you leave your precious habbox'?

AMERlCA...
20-11-2008, 07:03 PM
If this arugment and insults carry on, the thread will be Closed.

Okeanos
20-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I think most will agree, you are being ridiculous.

The fact is habbox would die without vip, yet your using it?

'Can't you leave your precious habbox'?

using a forum doesn't demand undying loyalty, surely? yes i use habbox but im not bothered if it shuts. is that a banable offence?

AgnesIO
20-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Technically the thread shopuld be closec, and you should post a link to the thread where thia has already been posted ;)

EDIT: Sorry thought i was in another thread LOL

P.S. Close it anyway, as i dont want to fight.

Decode
20-11-2008, 07:07 PM
so?...

if a fansite owner cant come up with the funds to run their site, they shouldn't have one
Stop posting on the forum, you are wasting database space.

irJen
20-11-2008, 07:08 PM

I don't dispute that but like I said earlier, and Okeanos clairified other reasons, I don't think Sulake are doing it as an "unfair monopoly".

I personally think they're just taking the easiest route out of there diminishing rep with parents.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!