PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Help please

LouisCollins
20-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok, so i'm getting a XBOX 360 for christmas, I have t all redy for live and stuff, But how do i do all this new Avatar stuff? because its difrent on my xbox 360 i have atm, It still the old one... How do i update it and stuff please help thanks

Bren
21-11-2008, 12:21 AM
It should update automatically when signed into live.

Jord
21-11-2008, 12:22 AM
sign into xbox live first then it should pop up.

Coheed&Cambria
21-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Once youve updated, Its all simple and well-explained so you shouldent have a problem.

cocaine
21-11-2008, 08:11 AM
you've already got a 360 but you're getting a new one? :S

and when you sign in it'll prompt you to update

J0SH
21-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't even think he has live yet guys, he's getting LIVE at Christmas I think he's trying to say, NXE is actually really crap when you don't have LIVE as you can't create and avatar or anything so I'd just wait if I was you :)

Hiro
21-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't even think he has live yet guys, he's getting LIVE at Christmas I think he's trying to say, NXE is actually really crap when you don't have LIVE as you can't create and avatar or anything so I'd just wait if I was you :)

You can create avatars when off live.

---------

Louis, try and give a better idea of what's happening.

You have the xbox now?
You have live?
You don't have live?

If you don't have live, you can't update it "legally" without getting a live account, but you should be able to create a Silver account and get a free month of Gold, if it's your first month.
If you have live, an update should have appeared and made you download the new dashboard.

J0SH
21-11-2008, 10:51 AM
You can create avatars when off live.

---------

Louis, try and give a better idea of what's happening.

You have the xbox now?
You have live?
You don't have live?

If you don't have live, you can't update it "legally" without getting a live account, but you should be able to create a Silver account and get a free month of Gold, if it's your first month.
If you have live, an update should have appeared and made you download the new dashboard.

Well I couldn't when I actually had NXE before it was release, it kept asking me to connect to LIVE

Hiro
21-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Well I couldn't when I actually had NXE before it was release, it kept asking me to connect to LIVE

Yeah, there was a second update after installing the NXE (when on live), that may have affected it.

J0SH
21-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Probably because I had LIVE then went to the new update and I couldn't connect before hand so because I had LIVE but was un-able to connect I couldn't make an avatar, but I imagine if I made an offline account I would've been able to ;)

LouisCollins
21-11-2008, 04:34 PM
No i have a xbox 360, On live now, I'm getting the new xbox 360 Elite for christmas,

And i'm not going to update till then as my current xbox is lent to my brother?
If you understand what i mean?
Thanks
+ Rep to u all when i can be botherd

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!