PDA

View Full Version : Jail Break 2.2 iPod Touch

mb-group.net
21-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi,

Turned on my PC this morning to sync my PodCasts on my 1st GEN iPod Touch with the 2.1 software (jailbroken) and it asked me to install 2.2.

I didn't want to break the jailbreak, so is it possible to jailbreak the 2.2 software yet?

If so, how can I do it with a gui (like QuickPWN).

cocaine
21-11-2008, 08:10 AM
2.2 isnt jailbreakable yet

Decode
21-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Since 2.2 has only been out a few days at the most, its not jail breakable yet.

habtasia
21-11-2008, 08:47 AM
What exactly does "jailbreaking" do?

Homosexual
21-11-2008, 08:51 AM
"Unlock the phone" etc, so you can install 3rd party software.

2.2 has been out a few HOURS, so there isn't a solution yet.

All the update does for the iTouch is enable a 'stop auto correction' feature, it don't even include Map updates like the iPhone!

Jam
21-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Whats included in 2.2? I just got my Touch yesturday for xmas (Though I tried it...) and am just wondering.

bigdavecox90
21-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Is 2.2 actually available now then?

mb-group.net
21-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Since 2.2 has only been out a few days at the most, its not jail breakable yet.

2.2 isnt jailbreakable yet

Thanks Guys

"Unlock the phone" etc, so you can install 3rd party software.

2.2 has been out a few HOURS, so there isn't a solution yet.

All the update does for the iTouch is enable a 'stop auto correction' feature, it don't even include Map updates like the iPhone!

It also allows you to download podcasts over the air and has improvements to Safari.

Does anybody have idea when the 2.2 JailBreak will be released? Apparently it is not that different to 2.1 so it should only be a few days until the 2.2 JailBreak, but I'm not sure.

lolwut
22-11-2008, 03:38 PM
You're gonna have to wait for the iPhone Dev Team to crack the firmware.
However, I've heard rumors that Apple will make the new firmware un-jailbreakable.

I wouldn't even advise updating to 2.2, all it is is a "Stop Auto Correct" feature and a the Google Search thing moved somewhere or other.

:)

mb-group.net
22-11-2008, 04:00 PM
However, I've heard rumors that Apple will make the new firmware un-jailbreakable.

I wouldn't even advise updating to 2.2, all it is is a "Stop Auto Correct" feature and a the Google Search thing moved somewhere or other.

The feature I want from is it is the over the air podcast downloads. It isn't possible to make firmware un-jailbreakable I hear, theres always a way in.

Recursion
22-11-2008, 04:21 PM

Its impossible for them to totally block jailbreaks from iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 2G/3G as they use some hardware exploit.

Homosexual
23-11-2008, 05:16 PM
obtw,

it breaks BBCiPlayer ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!