PDA

View Full Version : 100000 Playstation Home invites sent out.

newWORLDorder
21-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Sony will be sending out hundreds of thousands PlayStation Home beta invites today.

This coincides with the launch of v1.0 of the virtual world, according to TedTheDog (he's probably not a dog) on the European PlayStation forums.

Furthermore, next Thursday "another larger batch of invitations will be sent".

Those not invited - perhaps they're not loyal enough - are told an open beta will "not be far behind".

The PlayStation Home update brings a meaty list of changes to the table, such as a tutorial, background downloading, more dance moves, reintroduction of regional travel, and a club support system.

The full list of alterations can be found on the European PlayStation forum.

Alternatively, you virtually wander into our PlayStation Home gamepage for our thoughts on the closed beta.

Open beta soon!

Wayne
21-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I think Playstation Home looks great, I want an invite. >=D

Stitch
21-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope I get one. I bet I won't though and people will be on the Playstation forums going 'SELLING HOME BETA CODE!!!!'

Technologic
21-11-2008, 05:39 PM
No doubt i won't get an invite.. as per usual

Jack.Lfc
21-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Invites are not going out till monday due to problems emailing or something.

kk.
22-11-2008, 04:43 PM
apparently not... cus i goooottt oneee!

We've chosen to offer access to PlayStation®Home to a select number of PLAYSTATION®3 owners, and as a valued member of PlayStation®Network, you have been selected.
PlayStation Home is a 3D, interactive, evolving service, exclusive to PS3™. It's free to download and easy to use.
To take part please redeem your unique promotional code below using your PLAYSTATION 3 and join us in Home.
How to redeem your Promotional code and access Home
If you haven’t already done so, register for an account on PlayStation®Network, then follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your PlayStation®Network account via your PLAYSTATION®3 system.
2. Once signed in, select [Account Management].
3. Choose [Redeem Code]
4. Enter your 12 character promotion code and select [Continue].
NOTE: promotion codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the promotion code.

Redemption expiry date: 01/12/2008
Note: Promotional codes can only be used once.
Please understand that your participation is subject to our Terms of Use which will be presented to you the first time you connect to Home. Please keep all discussion of your experiences within Home limited to the official SCEE forums or within Home itself.
Visit SCEE’s PlayStation forums here
-

Welcome to PlayStation Home.
Yours,
TedTheDog
PlayStation Home Community Manager, SCEE
================================================== ===============================
Please note that this is an automated e-mail, so replies to this address cannot be responded to.
©2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

"PLAYSTATION", "PlayStation", "PlayStation Network", "PlayStation Store", "PlayStation Home", "PS3", "PSP" and "PS2" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All titles, content, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Games sold in the United Kingdom are age rated by the independent organisations PEGI and BBFC. To find out more, visit www.pegi.info, www.bbfc.co.uk or www.askaboutgames.com. Age ratings indicate the age for which the game is suitable.
If you signed up at eu.playstation.com you can edit your profile and notification preferences, including unsubscribing, from within your account. Sign In here.
If you signed up on PlayStation®Network you can edit your profile and notification preferences, including unsubscribing, from within your account. Sign In here.
If you don’t have an eu.playstation.com or PlayStation®Network account and want to unsubscribe, email us here. mailto:[email protected]?subject= Unsubscribe
Broadband internet service required. Users are responsible for broadband access fees. Charges apply for some content. PlayStation®Network, PlayStation®Store and PlayStation®Home subject to terms of use and not available in all countries and languages. Users under 18 require parental consent.

Ashhizzle
22-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I got an invite (H)

Its awesome. Althought bowling and theatre aint open yet :(

kk.
22-11-2008, 05:22 PM
omg its sooo good lol
how do u invite then? if u can

Ashhizzle
22-11-2008, 05:25 PM
You can't invite, you get invited by Playstation lol.

The next Batch is on thursday, so cross your fingers (Y)

kk.
22-11-2008, 05:27 PM
psn name? ill come meet you lol

Stitch
22-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I didnt get one :(

Jack.Lfc
22-11-2008, 06:20 PM
The ones who recieved today, are you from usa?

kk.
22-11-2008, 06:24 PM
nope UK :)

Stitch
22-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I read on the PS3 EU Forums there were some sent out today, monday and thursday. Not sure about monday though.

Technologic
22-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Didn't get one >.>

Fez
22-11-2008, 07:44 PM
I have a inkling I'll get one, but nawt today!

kk.
22-11-2008, 07:48 PM
youre always on... i wonder why then?

the graphics are good considering the first download was only 77mb lol

Technologic
22-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Even though it's in serious breach of the NDA do tell us more

Dusty-09
24-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Have all codes been sent, cus I really want one :)

kk.
24-11-2008, 07:13 PM
oi apeel get ur ass online so i can share lol.
and no, more go out this week i think

Fez
24-11-2008, 07:43 PM
oi apeel get ur ass online so i can share lol.
and no, more go out this week i think
i'm 'ere damnit.

kk.
24-11-2008, 09:22 PM
:( will have to be tomorrow lol.
if it lets u download more than 5 times ??

Fez
24-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Nope, only 5 times or 5 PS3s.

kk.
24-11-2008, 10:19 PM
i didnt see anything about 5 downloads though, thats the thing. well try tomorrow.

Blinger1
24-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I thought it was just 5 different PS3s?

kk.
24-11-2008, 10:48 PM
yeh but when youre downloading a game or something it says a max of 5 PS3's, but i didnt see that this time. maybe because youre not meant to share it lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!