Recursion
23-11-2008, 09:16 AM
http://www.quickpwn.com/2008/11/quickpwn-22-jailbreak-download-windows.html

Doing it now.

cocaine
23-11-2008, 09:16 AM
woop woop

what does 2.2 include?

Merged by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Accidental double post.

xxMATTGxx
23-11-2008, 09:27 AM
woop woop

what does 2.2 include?

Surprisingly, Apple has released the iPhone 2.2 firmware tonight shortly after midnight. The latest update is available in iTunes for existing iPhone and iPod touch owners. The update contains:
Enhancements to Maps
- Google Street View [Not for you Touch Owners] :P
- public transit and walking diretions
- display address of dropped pins
- share location via email
Enhancements to Mail
- resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
- improved formatting of wide HTML email
Improved stability and performance of Safari
Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular)
Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first Home screen
Preferences to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard settings

The update appears to deliver all of the expected features that we have detailed over the past several weeks. Other new findings include:

- App Store links in Mobile Safari correctly link directly to the App Store.
- Street view does not appear to be in the iPod Touch
- Tech note on downloading Podcasts in iPhone 2.2
- Netshare still works according to one user
- Emoji troubleshooting and Emoji technote for Japanese customers.
- Security changes found in 2.2.
- Transit directions screenshot
- How to invoke Street View on the iPhone

All of that :)

Verrou
23-11-2008, 09:44 AM
No street view for iPod though :)

Where's the bloody 2G JB :@

EDIT: NVM about streetview issue:

It didn't take long for one of our users, timmyj9, to figure out (http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115156) how to enable the purposely-disabled Street View feature in the Maps application of iPod touch Firmware 2.2. Apple has a history of crippling the iPod touch firmware in order to artificially distinguish from the more profitable iPhone, starting with the company's removal of the ability to add Calendar events in early iPod touch firmware versions, but the iPod touch modding community has always been quick to correct Apple's faux-oversights.

If you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with XML editing (it's easier than it sounds) and jailbreaking, you too can have Street View on your iPod touch by following timmyj9's instructions (http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115156).

mb-group.net
23-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Does it work OK? Any bugs? What device are you using it on?

Recursion
23-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Im doing it now, ill let ya know.

iTunes is just updating it to 2.2 for me, then I can jailbreak it

mb-group.net
23-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks very much for the post. Really helpful! +REP

mb-group.net
23-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Do I need to restore the iPod before upgrading the firmware, or do I upgrade the firmware (whilst its jailbroken to 2.1) and then jailbreak the 2.2?

Recursion
23-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Jailbreaking was quick and easy, I see most of it is done on the actual iPod now and it is extremely graphical <3 I love it.

You can do restore or upgrade, just so long as it is 2.2, I did a complete restore though

mb-group.net
23-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks very much. I'm doing mine NOW! :)

MeRkAgE
23-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey, i want to jailbreak mine.
But i have tons of applications from the app store which i paid for and don't wanna lose?
How can i jailbreak it, and keep my apps?
+rep

newWORLDorder
23-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Not gonna do it, 2.1 is fine and I cant be arsed SSHing into it again lol.

myke
23-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Nice, Just want them to jailbreak 2g now :<

bigdavecox90
23-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I have not yet 'Jailbroken' my iPod.

Would it make more sense to update to 2.2 then jailbreak it?

Recursion
23-11-2008, 10:26 PM
You have to update to 2.2 and then jailbreak it

blanky12!
23-11-2008, 10:50 PM
just jailbroke my phone :)

bigdavecox90
24-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Well I've managed to Jailbreak it, I now have an Installer icon and an icon that says Cydia.

Don't have a clue where to go from here though. :D

Verrou
24-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Open installer and it has loads of free applications to download :) Best to find a site that lists installer sources and add them to the sources list. However Installer 4 is a bit mank, so I suggest doing the above but look for Cydia source lists.

@merkage: all you need to do once you have Jailbroken your iPod is to re-sync it with your pc/mac and all the paid/free apps will be transfered back onto your iPod :)

blanky12!
24-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Open installer and it has loads of free applications to download :) Best to find a site that lists installer sources and add them to the sources list. However Installer 4 is a bit mank, so I suggest doing the above but look for Cydia source lists.

@merkage: all you need to do once you have Jailbroken your iPod is to re-sync it with your pc/mac and all the paid/free apps will be transfered back onto your iPod :)
I didn't install Installer becasue of the fact that it slows your phone/ipod down.

(read this on mac rumours)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!