PDA

View Full Version : Apple keyboard

bigdavecox90
23-11-2008, 01:28 PM
The smart new ones...

Are they compatible with PC's?

Nli.
23-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know nothing about Apple, but I don't think they would be?

newWORLDorder
23-11-2008, 01:44 PM
The aluminum ones? Yes. They are simply USB.

bigdavecox90
23-11-2008, 01:46 PM
The aluminum ones? Yes. They are simply USB.

Thanks mate.

Where's the cheapest place to get one?

lolwut
27-11-2008, 10:06 PM
The basic keys will straight away, the media center keys (top row) and the F13 and above keys need some additional tinkering in Windows, a simple Google of "get apple aluminum keyboard to work on windows" will help you out here though. I plugged my Apple keyboard into my Xbox 360 and it recognized it and I was able to use it properly. :P

I know it seems silly but the Apple aluminum keyboard is kind of not the best in the world, have you considered some alternatives like Saitek, Logitech or even Microsoft?

Andys
27-11-2008, 10:10 PM
The basic keys will straight away, the media center keys (top row) and the F13 and above keys need some additional tinkering in Windows, a simple Google of "get apple aluminum keyboard to work on windows" will help you out here though. I plugged my Apple keyboard into my Xbox 360 and it recognized it and I was able to use it properly. :P

I know it seems silly but the Apple aluminum keyboard is kind of not the best in the world, have you considered some alternatives like Saitek, Logitech or even Microsoft?
they're good, no more crumbs :D
that's only reason i want mine.
my dell keyboard gets proper dusty inbetween the keys atm and it's annoying.

lolwut
27-11-2008, 10:19 PM
they're good, no more crumbs :D
that's only reason i want mine.
my dell keyboard gets proper dusty inbetween the keys atm and it's annoying.
That's why I didn't include Dell as a make which I'd recommend. :P

I have loads of bits of junk on the aluminum between the keys and it's a right certain something to get out.

Apparently the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard is meant to be really nice. Lots of people on this forum have it and as far as I can tell, they love it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!