PDA

View Full Version : Iphone or Tocco?

Ostinato
23-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Torn on which to get.
I was pretty cert on tocco but now I hear iphone is apparantly getting mms so... lol

Kinda looking for a good music player, take some pics occasionly but mainly for texting.

Also I think iphone has qwerty keyboard which I like...

But both have positives and negatives! So vote pls <3

dirrty
23-11-2008, 11:10 PM
iphoneeeee

Hiro
23-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Tocco, it's a great phone for value and also has a qwerty keyboard.

Ostinato
23-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Tocco, it's a great phone for value and also has a qwerty keyboard.

Are you sure it has a qwerty? ;s someone I know with 1 says it doesnt and I can't find anywhere online that says it does.

GoldenMerc
23-11-2008, 11:13 PM
iphone, tocco looks ugly !

dirrty
23-11-2008, 11:15 PM
http://www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/mobiles/samsungtocco/keyboard.jpg
i dont think the tocco has a qwerty keyboard according to that.

HotelUser
23-11-2008, 11:22 PM
iPhone, because of the amazing amount of applications available.

If MMS is a concern to you I suggest you get the iPhone. The iPhone is going to set a standard for how MMS content is rendered. Any other MMS phone's differences will be annoying.

I don't understand why they don't put more QWERTY keyboard on phones. Or more specifically the iPhone.

Jordy
23-11-2008, 11:29 PM
The tocco does not have a qwerty keyboard from what I'm aware, my sister & mother have one each and it's got the same numbers as any other phone which I think is completely pathetic.

The Tocco is just naff, it's like any other Samsung phone, all the applications are the same and it looks the same too. It just has a pretty awful touch screen.

It has a better camera than the iPhone but quite obviously the iPhone has a far better music (and video) player, and of course it sync's with iTunes unlike the Tocco which uses it's own poorly made music software which is preferable to avoid.

What put you off the G1 anyway?

HotelUser
23-11-2008, 11:35 PM
The tocco does not have a qwerty keyboard from what I'm aware, my sister & mother have one each and it's got the same numbers as any other phone which I think is completely pathetic.

The Tocco is just naff, it's like any other Samsung phone, all the applications are the same and it looks the same too. It just has a pretty awful touch screen.

It has a better camera than the iPhone but quite obviously the iPhone has a far better music (and video) player, and of course it sync's with iTunes unlike the Tocco which uses it's own poorly made music software which is preferable to avoid.

Ah, limitations because of the operating system. I hate when people buy phones because of how they look. Sure it's important but not overly. These random phone OSes aren't going to cut it anymore. The iPhone is good because of what it runs. Even disregarding it having the touchscreen it would be decent.

Ostinato
23-11-2008, 11:57 PM

What put you off the G1 anyway?

Yeh I guess iphone is better inthose aspects. What sort of aps are available? Do you need to pay for em or what? lol

I like the look of the iphone, and I loved my ipod touch before I lost it. lol I think the only kinda thing putting me off was the lack of mms and perhaps crappier camera - but I hear the cameras not so bad?

Oh and I'm not keen on the g1's bulkiness :p Couldn't get away with texting during lectures with that badboy haah

DaveTaylor
24-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeh I guess iphone is better inthose aspects. What sort of aps are available? Do you need to pay for em or what? lol

I like the look of the iphone, and I loved my ipod touch before I lost it. lol I think the only kinda thing putting me off was the lack of mms and perhaps crappier camera - but I hear the cameras not so bad?

Oh and I'm not keen on the g1's bulkiness :p Couldn't get away with texting during lectures with that badboy haah

On iTunes go to the itunes store then AppStore, some apps are free some cost.

Jordy
24-11-2008, 12:09 AM

Oh and I'm not keen on the g1's bulkiness :p Couldn't get away with texting during lectures with that badboy haahApologies by apps I meant the default applications built-in to the Tocco such as texting, media player, internet etc.

In Lecture's aren't you allowed laptops though? I regularly talk to people on MSN while they're in Lectures.

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeh but I commute so try to take my laptop as little as poss :P

Also, not everyone you text is always gonna be online! ;P lol

Ah I see, what sort of aps are free? Would it be worth jailbreaking?

Apologies by apps I meant the default applications built-in to the Tocco such as texting, media player, internet etc.

In Lecture's aren't you allowed laptops though? I regularly talk to people on MSN while they're in Lectures.

dirrty
24-11-2008, 12:19 AM
since your unsure of which one to pick, go into a phone shop which sells both, or either (carphonewarehouse, o2 etc.) and test them. so you get the feel of both phones, then you can decide. you can compare the cameras and phone features to your delight, instead of going by what members of this forum say.

DaveTaylor
24-11-2008, 12:20 AM
read my reply....

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes, I read it.

Yeh I know about going to a shop and testing them all but I'm looking for some feedback from people who may have either fone for a while and know the ins and outs of them a bit better than I can gather from 2 minutes playing with them in a phone shop.

dirrty
24-11-2008, 12:28 AM
okeydokey. well as ive said in a previous iphone thread, the camera is not rubbish. dont listen to anyone who tells you that as they either dont have the iphone and are going by the 2MP stats, or just have rubbish sight lol.

overall, the iphone is a very good phone. obviously theres flaws (lack of MMS and flash - what i can think off head), but theres flaws to every product. deffo buy it over the tocco anyway. i only see the tocco as any other touch screen phone, but i see the iphone as a much more superior one to those on the market atm (minus the G1 as i dont know much about it so cant comment on it).

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeh I think it was maybe you I saw posted that elsewhere. I'm gonna try and see some iphone pics that have been uploaded. Oh yeh lack of flash isn't so good.

But I guess I could live with that.

I also heard that if you jailbreak then you can actually get mms?

Also how does the email system work, can you set it up with hotmail?
okeydokey. well as ive said in a previous iphone thread, the camera is not rubbish. dont listen to anyone who tells you that as they either dont have the iphone and are going by the 2MP stats, or just have rubbish sight lol.

overall, the iphone is a very good phone. obviously theres flaws (lack of MMS and flash - what i can think off head), but theres flaws to every product. deffo buy it over the tocco anyway. i only see the tocco as any other touch screen phone, but i see the iphone as a much more superior one to those on the market atm (minus the G1 as i dont know much about it so cant comment on it).

DaveTaylor
24-11-2008, 12:34 AM
if you want to see an iPhone pic sample here is one:
http://gallery.me.com/david.s.taylor/100001/photo1227486813955/web.jpg
lighting is bad due to snow at time.
http://gallery.me.com/david.s.taylor/100001/photo1227486940660/web.jpg

FlyingJesus
24-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Nokia E70
Nokia E70
Nokia E70
Nokia E70

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 12:36 AM
OOoh thats not bad pics at all!

wth is nokia e70 ;p lolol

EDIT: JUST GOOGLED IT. LOL MATE THT IS DEFO THE WAY FWD

DaveTaylor
24-11-2008, 12:41 AM
OOoh thats not bad pics at all!

wth is nokia e70 ;p lolol

EDIT: JUST GOOGLED IT. LOL MATE THT IS DEFO THE WAY FWD

camera isnt great in dark obvious but its average in everything else.

FlyingJesus
24-11-2008, 12:50 AM
E70 is basically iPhone but better lol and doesn't have all the rubbish that Apple want you to get

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 12:52 AM
kk will kp tht in mind tom m8

So can anyone advise me on jailbreaking? Have you guys jailbreaked urs?

dirrty
24-11-2008, 01:01 AM
i jailbroke & unlocked my iphone when i first bought it and installed loads of apps. but then my iphone lagged occasionally, so when the new firmware came out and i restored/updated or woteva its called and it lost its jailbroken status, and i never went back to it. the novelty wore off after a while for me as i didn't really have time to mess around with all the apps lol.

but yeah, jailbreak it and see how you like it (as you probably will).

J0SH
24-11-2008, 01:29 AM
iPhone :)

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Thank ya'll for help, keep em coming! :P

Recursion
24-11-2008, 04:39 PM
iPhone

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 05:12 PM
why though?

Imp!
24-11-2008, 05:14 PM
when I think of tocco, I think of buritos, then I think of mexican food,m then I realise Im hungry.

iPhone

kk.
24-11-2008, 05:15 PM
tocco is ok but no where near as good. my bro has a toco and he hated it when he first got it lol

Wayne
24-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd say Tocco. I was looking at my mate's iPhone today and it was quite cool, but the camera lacked essential functions such as zoom in, colour adjustment, video recording etc. I'd go with the Tocco since iPhone is way too popular.

Andys
24-11-2008, 05:24 PM
iphone if you've got the monies.

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Well I am gonna get one unlocked and just use my current o2 sim only contract in it so the money thing isn't a major issue.

shizzle
24-11-2008, 05:38 PM
iPhone, it's quite good, it has good applications and Internet browsing style.

Shawnstra
25-11-2008, 11:38 PM
iPhone. Because of the app store. It has everything you would ever want (other than copy and paste :P).

CrazyColaist
02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
tocco is the best x

Robbie
02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
iPhone, App Store makes the Tocco cry.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!