PDA

View Full Version : Finished Death Note :)

Jord
24-11-2008, 04:05 AM
Great anime, There should of been more :(

Southe,
24-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Nope. Finished at a good bit. didnt drag it on until it became crap and then finished. the fact that its leaving you wanting more means it was a good ending.

Anyway. still have the 3 movies. and an novel. but from the canon series. thats it.

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Nope. Finished at a good bit. didnt drag it on until it became crap and then finished. the fact that its leaving you wanting more means it was a good ending.

Anyway. still have the 3 movies. and an novel. but from the canon series. thats it.

How can you miss out the manga? The manga is potentially better than then anime. :P

I'm a huge Death Note fan but I don't think there should have been more. They stuck with the manga all the way to the end, only changing the last bit slightly. They didn't include any ******** fillers or unnecessary things, it was a perfect series. My favourite, perhaps only rivaled by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Still my number one series though, think I might watch it all for the third time this christmas. :P I've watched certain episodes 7+ times. :8 It's a shame you watched it in English dub though, the Japanese version has some of the best voice acting to date, and the voice actors really captured the personalities of the characters, which only half of the English voice actors managed to do. I HATE L's English voice actor with a passion and Misora Naomi's voice actress was so bad that she went from such an interesting, amazing character to a nobody. Her voice actress also does some of the commentary on the DVDs, it's so poor it makes my ears bleed. How the hell did she get into such a career?

Southe,
24-11-2008, 09:21 PM
manga IS better than the anime. anime was kinda bad. hated at cetainc amera angles they gave them massive chins..

and little fact ;) L's japanese voice actor is the same guy who does Usopp from one piece (2nd from left in my sig case no one kknows xD) ^^

But yes death note is a good s eries just hate how its become hugely popular (not that its a bad thing) but all the kids thinking there awesome because they have a death note and thinking there "the biggest fan" i was reading watching it before it was licensed.. was actually the 4th manga i read o.O

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 10:56 PM
The manga is a masterpiece, by the anime is better. It was NO WHERE NEAR BAD, how can you even say that! I've said it before and I'll say it again "The use of sound in the anime is one of things that makes Death Note so great" and I'm sure you agreed with me before. The manga just can't stand up to the anime, in my opinion, because of that reason. The voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard, and the soundtrack is perfect for the series, and is one of my all time favourites. I didn't find any flaws with the character design, it all looked good to me. That reminds me - colour! The colour used in Death Note was so fitting. Anime always has the advantage over manga because it can offer much more. Although most of the time anime adaptions of manga are done wrongly, Death Note however, was done to perfection.

Death Note was the first manga I actually bought, and the second one I read. Get in there!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!