PDA

View Full Version : Canadians?!?!

Sleuthing
24-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Haha, I've noticed that some people go "crazy" (i guess would be the right word) when they see Canadians. When i meet people and they ask were im am from. SOme of there reactions are priceless. and ive noticed it on these foums too. "Wow he's Canadian" Haha, not a shot at all.

Here is a question i get a lot though. "Why don't you use the Canadian habbo?" Well my anser to that is, have you seen it? it is nothing compared to the Uk. And the UK habbo was out before the Canadian one. I started in 2004, where there was UK and a few others. I dont even think the US was out then. But thats why i use the uk, i know it well. And i can only assume on of those 2 reasons are the reaons for most other Canadians, Oh and ferni... :l

Abbie.
24-11-2008, 06:50 AM
i dont get it

y do people hate canadians?

my uncles from canada!! but hes dead now so hes not really no more..

Earthquake
24-11-2008, 11:38 AM
You sound abit big headed tbh, concidering you even have a canadian badge, what are you trying to proove? :S

Pyroka
24-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I LURRV CANADIANS.

Idc if you use the UK or CA hotel, as long as you speak the English lingo I really dont care lol.

tm
24-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Canadian Habbo does suck I have to agree.

I find that UK people in Habbo and real life are pretty friendly towards Canadians. I guess the fact that you still respect our Queen and compared to most North Americans are relatively civilised means that we can relate to you. Not having overly stupid accents helps you too. I've never seen 'anti-Canadian' abuse from anyone other than Americans.

I bet there's far more Canadian users of UK than people realise.

Hiro
24-11-2008, 11:52 AM
You sound abit big headed tbh, concidering you even have a canadian badge, what are you trying to proove? :S

Can I ask how he is being big headed? :S
He's asking why some people (on Habbo at least) are fascinated by Canadians, I really cannot see what's big headed about that.

visa.
24-11-2008, 12:23 PM
i live in quebec so that just goes to show that some of habbo's most influential users are canadian *giggle*

HotelUser
24-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm Canadian. I don't user the Canadian hotel for three reasons:

I was already playing the UK Hotel before the Canadian Hotel opened. I didn't want to switch.

The Canadian Hotel is terrible. No advertisements for it or anything. It's pathetic.

There's no Canadian Habbox.

mlp16
24-11-2008, 01:52 PM
i like their accents :D

FlyingJesus
24-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Female Canadian accents are really hot, my friend Rachael's from some place near Toronto and when we talk it's like 'sssssuuuuppppppp ;) haha

Helps that she's actually hot too of course, I don't think it would have the same effect from a fat chick

Yonder
24-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Female Canadian accents are really hot

Agreed, i lurv canadians i just came back froma 2 month vacation from there!

--ss--
24-11-2008, 03:05 PM
i live in quebec so that just goes to show that some of habbo's most influential users are canadian *giggle*
Chicks from Quebec are hot :o

Kyle
24-11-2008, 04:48 PM
How is he being big headed... Maybe he's just patriotic and wants to show where he comes from... :rolleyes:

One of the reasons I use the uk hotel is because I live in the uk at the moment, but I started in 2003 when it was all joint up and find that the staff and users are much more friendly. The competitions in the canadian hotel are nothing compared to the uk competitions/events :)

visa.
24-11-2008, 06:58 PM
yeah the main reason you'll find canadians on the hotel is because it used to be an english speaking worldwide hotel. i know myself and some other beta testers for .com (now .co.uk) are canadian and i still stay in contact. most canadians started before there was a .ca and tbh the .ca hotel is bad anyways.

umm also there is no such thing as a female canadian accent - it's just an accent spoken by a female voice. what's more, aside from the empty expanses of russia that really don't count, canada is bigger than all of europe put together. not everyone in europe has the same accent and just the same not everyone in canada does, either. there is a newfoundland accent, a maritime accent, a northern canadian accent, a quebecois accent, a southern ontario accent and a prairie accent. i've been all across the country and although they aren't huge differences they are all distinct. it bothers me so much when people from europe don't realize how big canada is lol. "what time is it in canada?" - we have six time zones. anyways, yeah, there is DEFINITELY no such thing as an accent that canadians share in general; it's all very regional.

finally, girls from quebec are not always hot. it's stupid to say something so ignorant. there are hot girls and ugly girls everywhere (compounding with the fact that "hot" is subjective).

Sleuthing
24-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Can I ask how he is being big headed? :S
He's asking why some people (on Habbo at least) are fascinated by Canadians, I really cannot see what's big headed about that.

Thank you Hiro.
I'm also not quite sure how im being big headed... ITs not like i was Bragging, and you obviously took the time seeing as you know how i have a Canadian badge, and because this, this is where the question come from? SO you know, if you can give me a little more background info how how i might be big heasded, i would love to hear.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!