PDA

View Full Version : LG Renoir [8MP Camera / Touch Screen]

Wayne
24-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Has anybody seen this phone? I think it looks great what with an 8MP camera, expandable memory of up to 16GB, widgets, GPS & Google maps & rock solid responsive touch screen etc. I have recently bought the LG Viewty and I kind of regret buying it now since I should've waited and bought the LG Renoir. :( Anybody got the LG Renoir?

http://www.mobilegazette.com/handsets/lg/lg-kc910/lg-kc910-combo.jpg

Hazza
24-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Nope, but I'm getting it on the 11th Dec hopefully :)

Johno
24-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I dislike it alot, I don't like the interface or the buttons on the actual phone itself.

Although it has some nice features, would much rather get the SE C905 :)

Wayne
24-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Nope, but I'm getting it on the 11th Dec hopefully :)

Cool, give me a review of it when you get it. :P

The Professor
24-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Seriously, never think "I wish I had waited for this one". Phones come out about every month with new "buy me" features, you'll just be waiting forever. The gadget show were talking about cool android will be when it's put onto a better phone and I thought "i'm stuck with this bloody samsung omnia contract for 2 years" but that's just how technology works. Think about phones this time 2 years ago... they didn't even bother to count megapixels in phone cameras and touch screen was unheard of.

As for the renoir, I don't care much for it, impressive camera but horrible shell.

Wayne
24-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I suppose you're entirely right Alex. Tbh, the Viewty doesn't look that much different, it's just that I like using the camera on phones as oppose to using a separate gadget such as a digital camera.

What do you mean by you dislike the shell?

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 11:10 PM
so iv erd mate ;P

hes saying how he doesn't like the 'body' of it - the actual; physicality of the phone itself.
I suppose you're entirely right Alex. Tbh, the Viewty doesn't look that much different, it's just that I like using the camera on phones as oppose to using a separate gadget such as a digital camera.

Pyroka
24-11-2008, 11:27 PM
It's a phone that makes me think "Should've got an iPhone".

Tacky silver piece of crap imo. Widgets? Yeah, THEY'RE REALLY HANDY ON A SCREEN THAT SIZE. CAN'T WAIT. Whoever thought that crap up deserves a medal, awarded by the paraolympics committee.

Ostinato
24-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't really like the whole idea of widgets tbh with you... it doesn't particularly appeal to me to be able to move stuff about on my screen like that ;s

PaulMacC
25-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Im sticking with my K50i
5.2 MP Camera, 3 touch buttons.
I like it :P

Wayne
25-11-2008, 08:07 AM
It's a phone that makes me think "Should've got an iPhone".

Tacky silver piece of crap imo. Widgets? Yeah, THEY'RE REALLY HANDY ON A SCREEN THAT SIZE. CAN'T WAIT. Whoever thought that crap up deserves a medal, awarded by the paraolympics committee.

I suppose the screen is smaller than iPhone so widgets would be a bit stupid. It's black btw, not silver. :rolleyes:

Pyroka
25-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I suppose the screen is smaller than iPhone so widgets would be a bit stupid. It's black btw, not silver. :rolleyes:

Looks silver in the pic. O_o

J0SH
25-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I had a LG Viewty and I hated it, this'll probably be a disappointment too so I'll give it a miss :P

Hazza
25-11-2008, 03:51 PM
My mates got a Viewty and I really like it. I'm attracted to touch phones and this is the only one I can really afford. The 8MP camera really appeals to me, I know there is the new cybershot out but I've got a Sony Ericcson now and its pretty much the same, its boring :)

Wayne
25-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Looks silver in the pic. O_o

Yeah, I chose a bad picture tbh, sorry. ;)

My mates got a Viewty and I really like it. I'm attracted to touch phones and this is the only one I can really afford. The 8MP camera really appeals to me, I know there is the new cybershot out but I've got a Sony Ericcson now and its pretty much the same, its boring :)

Is the new cybershot touch screen?

AgnesIO
25-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Not bad phone!

Similar to the G1, iPhone

I may get one of them, guess it all comes down to the best deals now!

Wayne
25-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I think it's £30 a month contract for 18 months or about £360 pay as you go.

Shawnstra
25-11-2008, 11:33 PM
One thing with Windows Mobile phones from samsung is that the beautiful interface is only skin deep, as you keep going in deeper the menus, you get the old Windows Mobile interface, as I seen on my friend's phone. I don't get why they just spend a little more time reworking the entire UI.

Not trying to sound like an apple fanboy here but with the iPhone, it is straightforward and easy to use. Notice on home some phones you need to click somewhere to get to the menu? Although the iPhone has a "locked screen", most phones have that to.

Don't get me wrong though, the 8 megapixel camera looks great, and quite small (the size of the lense) so its not too obstrusive. However, I hate the "8.0 megapixels, dolby mobile, etc." on the side, makes it look ugly.

Wayne
26-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean by skin deep menus Shawn, it gets annoying. :@

The Professor
26-11-2008, 10:30 PM

The actually body of the phone is just ugly. Considering how nice the viewty looked its a shame they didn't think about it more. The back looks ok though.

One thing with Windows Mobile phones from samsung is that the beautiful interface is only skin deep, as you keep going in deeper the menus, you get the old Windows Mobile interface, as I seen on my friend's phone. I don't get why they just spend a little more time reworking the entire UI.

Not trying to sound like an apple fanboy here but with the iPhone, it is straightforward and easy to use. Notice on home some phones you need to click somewhere to get to the menu? Although the iPhone has a "locked screen", most phones have that to.

Don't get me wrong though, the 8 megapixel camera looks great, and quite small (the size of the lense) so its not too obstrusive. However, I hate the "8.0 megapixels, dolby mobile, etc." on the side, makes it look ugly.

Not fanboyish at all, everyone knows the iphone is the benchmark for touch screen phones, and imo not a lot has come close. I'd like to think the omnia I'm getting at christmas will but I don't think so, the iphone's touch screen quality just outshines anything else on the market (mainly because most other screens are resistive and the iphone's is capacative) and the navigation is so ridiculously easy to use. I don't think windows mobile will ever come close to the iphone, the viewty's OS is quite nice though.

Hazza
27-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I chose a bad picture tbh, sorry. ;)

Is the new cybershot touch screen?
Nope, unfortunately not. If it did, I most probably would get it!

I know many people with the viewty and I love the phone, the renior can only be better and the most appealing thing is really the 8MP camera and I've always wanted a touch screen. As much as people put this phone down, I'm still getting it :D

Wayne
27-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Lol yeah. I like the Viewty a lot but the touch screen isn't that responsive.

Mitch4?
27-11-2008, 10:59 PM
my touch screen is really responsive on viewty, i dont press hard at all.
i love it ;]]

except its broke twice since ive got it,
first time i was paraletic so was bound to happen
and second time wasnt my fault, battery just wouldnt last for more than hour
is in repair as we speak

Wayne
27-11-2008, 11:01 PM
It's not bad at responding but it does lag a lot. Opening photos to view takes about 5 minutes no joke. One of the reasons why I want Renoir is because I reckon it might have better loading times.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!