PDA

View Full Version : Anime Japanese Seiyuu's (Voice Actors)

Southe,
24-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Well didnt know what to put in the title.

Ever watched an anime and came across a voice that sounded familur?
just post some you've come across xD

NO DUBS

Voice I heard > Who i thought of

Monkey D Luffy (One Piece) > Kururin (DBZ)
Mogi (Death Note) > Zoro (One Piece)
Tobi & Filler Bad Guy had a pole/cane thing xD (Naruto Shippuden) > Zoro (One Piece)
Genma (Naruto) > Sanji (One Piece)
L (Death Note) > Ussop (One Piece)
Shidoh (Death Note) > Franky (One Piece)
Dr Kureha (One Piece) > Goku (DBZ)

clip i seen on youtube. for an episode of pokemon. The orgional and Dub voice played the same part.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XRp-R9s7A link there

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Voice acting isn't really that big of an industry (if you want to call it that) to be honest, most seiyu's these days have been in 20+ series. :P Half the time I recognise the voices, but as for the other half, I don't recognise them at all. I'm constantly being surprised with the amount of diversity seiyu's have, and I'm always finding out that a seiyu who voiced a character from a series I've seen has also done atleast three other roles in other series I've seen, it never ends! I won't list them though because it would be too long.

I will list my favourite voice actor though, because it needs to be said...

Rikiya Koyama!

Nemo
24-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Voice acting isn't really that big of an industry (if you want to call it that) to be honest, most seiyu's these days have been in 20+ series. :P Half the time I recognise the voices, but as for the other half, I don't recognise them at all. I'm constantly being surprised with the amount of diversity seiyu's have, and I'm always finding out that a seiyu who voiced a character from a series I've seen has also done atleast three other roles in other series I've seen, it never ends! I won't list them though because it would be too long.

I will list my favourite voice actor though, because it needs to be said...

Rikiya Koyama!rivalz and ikkaku was pretty easy to tell x]

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 10:58 PM
rivalz and ikkaku was pretty easy to tell x]

You sure? Because his name is Viral, not Rivalz. :P Also, a little note, you didn't notice until I told you. :eusa_danc

Nemo
24-11-2008, 11:01 PM
You sure? Because his name is Viral, not Rivalz. :P Also, a little note, you didn't notice until I told you. :eusa_danc
oh **** lollllllllllllllll, im so dopey.a Rivals and Viral are similar. I got it from someone who said that soooooooo leave me alone. Plus its late and im watchin a movie so shoo D:

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Shoo? You're the one that started talking to me! :evil:

Nemo
24-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Shoo? You're the one that started talking to me! :evil:
Its not my fault i cant supress the feelings, that is discussing anime.

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 11:04 PM
That reminds me! Lend me some spiral power he-man, my Gurren Lagann download suddenly stopped at 99.6%, it's killing me!

Nemo
24-11-2008, 11:05 PM
That reminds me! Lend me some spiral power he-man, my Gurren Lagann download suddenly stopped at 99.6%, it's killing me!
Row row fight the powah! You can do it man!

Oh btw, watch channel 3 (ITV) at 11:40. Program of kelly osbourne goin japan and last time they had her workin in a shop filled wiv people who loves games and love manga and anime, which they referred to them as geeks (yeh that was well offensive) and like yeah.

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Row row fight the powah! You can do it man!

Oh btw, watch channel 3 (ITV) at 11:40. Program of kelly osbourne goin japan and last time they had her workin in a shop filled wiv people who loves games and love manga and anime, which they referred to them as geeks (yeh that was well offensive) and like yeah.

The preferred term is Otaku! Thanks for telling me, I'll watch it. How long's it on for though, because I only got two hours of sleep last night and I'm tired as hell!

Nemo
24-11-2008, 11:13 PM
The preferred term is Otaku! Thanks for telling me, I'll watch it. How long's it on for though, because I only got two hours of sleep last night and I'm tired as hell!
Ah i see, and its on for an hour. Oh and also last week she was wiv samurais which was pretty funny.

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Pfft, I bet it'll be nothing compared to Jonathan Ross' Japanorama. Now he really did cover everything in that series!

Nemo
24-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Pfft, I bet it'll be nothing compared to Jonathan Ross' Japanorama. Now he really did cover everything in that series!
Mmh i missed that, im guessing it was good.

woo its on in 10 mins, gonna go in ma bed n watch it.

Neversoft
24-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Mmh i missed that, im guessing it was good.

woo its on in 10 mins, gonna go in ma bed n watch it.

I missed it as well, that's why I downloaded it! Jonathan Ross is the man! If I had to compare this Kelly Osbourne thing to another programme though, it would be Adam and Joe Go Tokyo. That series is so damn funny. They claim that it's really easy to get famous in Japan so in every episode they try and get famous, and it actually works in pretty much every one.

It says in the paper that she dresses up as a doll and goes to a manga convention. That should be pretty fun.

I don't think my download will resume by the way, oh the pain! I have every episode apart from 9, 13 and 19 though, so I'll try download them separately. Then I'll burn the series to DVD, distribute it to a few friends, convert a few people and take over the world.

Nemo
24-11-2008, 11:37 PM
I missed it as well, that's why I downloaded it! Jonathan Ross is the man! If I had to compare this Kelly Osbourne thing to another programme though, it would be Adam and Joe Go Tokyo. That series is so damn funny. They claim that it's really easy to get famous in Japan so in every episode they try and get famous, and it actually works in pretty much every one.

It says in the paper that she dresses up as a doll and goes to a manga convention. That should be pretty fun.

I don't think my download will resume by the way, oh the pain! I have every episode apart from 9, 13 and 19 though, so I'll try download them separately. Then I'll burn the series to DVD, distribute it to a few friends, convert a few people and take over the world.Sounds like a plan, and yeah sounds good

http://tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=28633533

says there!

Niall!
26-11-2008, 02:14 PM
oh **** lollllllllllllllll, im so dopey.a Rivals and Viral are similar. I got it from someone who said that soooooooo leave me alone. Plus its late and im watchin a movie so shoo D:

Rivalz is out of Code Geass

Nemo
26-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Rivalz is out of Code Geass
There we go, dont know why i got confused.

Neversoft
26-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a plan, and yeah sounds good

http://tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=28633533

says there!

Wasn't that good to be honest. Probably the worst Japanese-related programme I have seen. Kelly's attitude is annoying and who cares if things are 'sexual', thats life! I swear she knows nothing about Japan either, what was her reason for liking it at the beginning? Because it's colourful? C'mon, that's the worst reason I've ever heard. I want Jonathan Ross to do another series about Japan.

Nemo
26-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Wasn't that good to be honest. Probably the worst Japanese-related programme I have seen. Kelly's attitude is annoying and who cares if things are 'sexual', thats life! I swear she knows nothing about Japan either, what was her reason for liking it at the beginning? Because it's colourful? C'mon, that's the worst reason I've ever heard. I want Jonathan Ross to do another series about Japan.
I know lol but its quite funny. It does make me want to go more to japan >=p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!