PDA

View Full Version : Furni/Credits Donated to Habbox

MissAlice
25-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Having read the thread below today, it made me realise the need to raise the subject of donations.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=538620

At the moment I cannot see a list or register of donations that have been donated to all departments in one place. I am aware of two donations that have or are being questioned, and I think it's very important that Habbox list every donation to avoid false accusations and more importantly to protect the good name of those that accept the donations on behalf of Habbox. Donations should in my opinion be accounted for.

I'm not making this post to offend anyone, but I know a donation was made 3 months ago, was not listed anywhere and not accounted for, and that's why I feel a register is necessary.

Con
25-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I certainly agree.
They normally have the Christmas paypal donations list on all year? So why not a normal donations.
I think it should say something like:
Habbo(x) name Items donated Date donated

then it can simply be updated every time someone donates

Supersam
25-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Donator:
Donated:
Date:
Department:
Usage (Competition/Event etc.):

Simple :)

Dentafrice
25-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I filled an entire room up for MAD, never got one word of recognition.. then he asked for more..

Rapidshare
25-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I filled an entire room up for MAD, never got one word of recognition.. then he asked for more..

I have no idea of what happenign with my usa furni :(

but then again, i trust them lol

Mint
25-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow I bet you where MAD.

I agree with this idea.

Dentafrice
25-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah.. a month later he stepped down from GM, so I dunno what happened to it all.

Mr.OSH
25-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I agree with this - I thought there was a list (someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) but unless we have one I'm not aware of I do agree we should take record of them - we used to display all donations on the site and I'm happy to still do this to give people recognition if I'm given details about donations when they happen. :)

nvrspk4
25-11-2008, 10:09 PM
A good point, only Competitions has a register currently, that will have to change.

Alkaz
25-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Indeed, I have donated quiet a bit to habbox and HxL over the last year/two years and only the HxL donations were documented, dont know what they went towards though. So ye, good idea :)

GoldenMerc
25-11-2008, 10:16 PM
lol i donated about 2t to comps when i was staff.

luce
25-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I think HxL has one but a habbox one is needed :)

jrh2002
25-11-2008, 11:28 PM

Its happened to quite alot of people

The only trouble with this is alot of dj's get donated to directly so its the one department you struggle with.

I think all donations should go direct to a (A)GM / Sierk and then given back to the department managers :o I know of a few staff over the years to get fired for having their hands in the till :o theres also the ones who have left or just vanished and never returned the prizes they held and probably still hold lol

Also where you put whos made a donation on the site you need to either put everybody whos donated on it or nobody at all. I see alot n ot added to the site including myself :o it just means us people who were partially or totally ignored are a little more choosy when we want to donate somewhere in the future.

H0BJ0B
25-11-2008, 11:30 PM
I have no idea of what happenign with my usa furni :(

but then again, i trust them lol

Sammeth. posted an announcement thanking you for it and saying it would be used for international competitions. Until it's actually used, it's had for us to tell people EXACTLY what it'll be used for.

HabboxLive does have one however as we've swapped from version to version, names don't get listed and I'm sure many donators haven't been listed there for quite some time now.

I know competitions has one for sure, but yeh - it'd be nice to add a page with donations listed.

Rapidshare
25-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Sammeth. posted an announcement thanking you for it and saying it would be used for international competitions. Until it's actually used, it's had for us to tell people EXACTLY what it'll be used for.

HabboxLive does have one however as we've swapped from version to version, names don't get listed and I'm sure many donators haven't been listed there for quite some time now.

I know competitions has one for sure, but yeh - it'd be nice to add a page with donations listed.

Dont worry about it, i meant what exactly is it going to be used for :P

MissAlice
25-11-2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=137420

I see this thread was closed over 2 years ago, and in the first post a list of everything ever donated was recorded. As the donation was used it was removed from the first post and a thank you to the donator was then posted alongside which competition it was used in.

I know since then there have been a few Managers, and therefore understand current staff may not be aware that this thread recording every donation ever existed. But it worked ;)

If I was to ask for example, how many of the 157 HC Sofas I've donated this year to the Competitions Department, have actually been used, could anyone give me an accurate answer?

Gasm
26-11-2008, 01:21 AM
I agree that it should be accounted for. Least people get recognition and know exactly what's been/being done with their kind donations.

nvrspk4
26-11-2008, 05:42 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=137420

I see this thread was closed over 2 years ago, and in the first post a list of everything ever donated was recorded. As the donation was used it was removed from the first post and a thank you to the donator was then posted alongside which competition it was used in.

I know since then there have been a few Managers, and therefore understand current staff may not be aware that this thread recording every donation ever existed. But it worked ;)

If I was to ask for example, how many of the 157 HC Sofas I've donated this year to the Competitions Department, have actually been used, could anyone give me an accurate answer?

No, but we could tell you how many HCs were given out since your donation.

The issue is that we cannot tell people exactly what their donation is used for because lets say MissAlice donates 5 HCs and jrh2002 donates 6 HCs, and we give away 7 HCs in an event, are we going to go and say, ok Alice all of yours have been used and jrh 2 of yours have been used? It makes it very difficult for us. More realistic is something where we post all the donations taken, and all the donations given out. Then, people can track their donations if they want to. Otherwise deciding "exactly where" things went would be a rather arbitrary process. When its something like a competition with not so many prizes its doable but lets say we're giving out HCs for events prizes, where we have several a week, it becomes very labor-intensive, even more so if it is something like the Halloween event we did.

I know it seems churlish to say that we shouldn't spend too much time giving specific responses to donators, because it is sort of. I believe to a point we should try to let them know what's going on with their furni but being told that two of your HCs were used in iConz's Falling Furni and three were used in Bomb-Head's races is a bit too much. I think allowing people to see all donations in and all donations given out, and allowing them to track their donations if they wish (they can decide which HCs are theirs :P) should be ok.

Sulai
26-11-2008, 02:36 PM
A fantastic idea.

And one that should certainly be implemented asap.

MissAlice
26-11-2008, 04:47 PM

If a full list was available, it would confirm to you it was put to use :)

lol i donated about 2t to comps when i was staff.

Then while you was Competition Staff, why didn't you ensure it was noted ;)

That back's up what I was thinking.

No, but we could tell you how many HCs were given out since your donation.

The issue is that we cannot tell people exactly what their donation is used for because lets say MissAlice donates 5 HCs and jrh2002 donates 6 HCs, and we give away 7 HCs in an event, are we going to go and say, ok Alice all of yours have been used and jrh 2 of yours have been used? It makes it very difficult for us. More realistic is something where we post all the donations taken, and all the donations given out. Then, people can track their donations if they want to. Otherwise deciding "exactly where" things went would be a rather arbitrary process. When its something like a competition with not so many prizes its doable but lets say we're giving out HCs for events prizes, where we have several a week, it becomes very labor-intensive, even more so if it is something like the Halloween event we did.

I know it seems churlish to say that we shouldn't spend too much time giving specific responses to donators, because it is sort of. I believe to a point we should try to let them know what's going on with their furni but being told that two of your HCs were used in iConz's Falling Furni and three were used in Bomb-Head's races is a bit too much. I think allowing people to see all donations in and all donations given out, and allowing them to track their donations if they wish (they can decide which HCs are theirs :P) should be ok.

I'm not sure if I mislead you, the link I posted only related to competitions, and proved that every donation given to the Competitions Department can be easily accounted for by simply using the method previously used. Add the donation to the first post in the order it's given, and when it's used alter the leading post and add a post of thanks, saying which competition it's used for.

I totally agree that with events it would be very time consuming and laborious, and let's be honest really not necessary. I'm sure at events that in some instances an unplanned prize may be given out or the opposite for whatever reason and because of that, it would make things a lot harder for the Events Department to keep a tag of whose donation was used, so I whole heartedly agree it's not necessary and running events should be about having fun, not worrying about whose donation was used as a prize. However, I do think it would be nice to be able to see a list/register of every donation, this would also reassure anyone who has donated, just knowing it's listed is an acknowledgement that the donation has been recorded as received and will be used at some point, also by having a list of donations this may encourage others to donate, since a list would be a constant reminder to those in a position to donate ;)

Ask yourself this, if you donated 10 HCs wouldn't you want to see it acknowledged somewhere? You may wish to remain anonymous, but you would still want to know it's in the right hands, so I do feel it's important to list every donation of furni, particularly rares at this moment in time.

HabboxLive seem to do a pretty good job, of recording their donations, there is a short list of donators, a total of 6 names, Intensified!, =x=jeni-lou=x=, :.Nain.:, DJ-Dominator, CHA!NGANG, 088!, which could well be an old list, since I don't see jrh2002's name anywhere, but again there is no visible list on their donation page instead you see this 'A new list of people who have donated will be put together shortly'.

Habbox Competitions also do a fine job of recording donations. If you donate a rare, we will mention your name in the competition that is is used for and in this forum. < This sentence can be seen in the Competition Donated Furni forum. The current Lottery (75th) has a prize of 90 credits, and no name mentioned as to who donated, the (74th and 73rd) also no name, I daren't look at the 72nd lol. I'm guessing rightly or wrongly that the credits were/are a portion of what jrh2002 donated, and if that's the case I do think he should get a mention, particularly as such a large donation of his didn't get a mention on the main site.

I hope what I've had to say is taken as constructive advice and not a criticizm aimed at any individual.

H0BJ0B
26-11-2008, 07:32 PM

Although not publically visible, I could tell you that we still have 112 HCs remaining from your donation. In our staff forum, as a prize is used, we deduct it from our thread. The problem comes when people donate rooms full of furniture, where we have to use screenshots which means we can not recall what has and what hasn't been used. Also, if not credits or club sofas, we tend to exchange the donations for rares that people are more likely to want when they win a competition.

Following the comment about the lottery and its credits, you're right, and it's never crossed my mind because it was won so rarely that the HC was probably from a donation a few years ago. I'll PM Dudedanny123 and ensure that we get the donation note included from now on.

The thread you linked to, I personally currently use to thank the user as and when I receive the donation as this was how it was used when I arrived. Once again, the whole problem of screenshots comes into my mind when I think about displaying the donations in the first post and thanking when used.

GoldenMerc
26-11-2008, 07:50 PM
It was noted by Jed.
But i think only 1 got noted o.o

jrh2002
26-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Remember the more you mention somebody for donating on the site or forum the more people would donate :) If they dont think they will get much recognition they will probably just do their own give away.

MissAlice
26-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Although not publically visible, I could tell you that we still have 112 HCs remaining from your donation. In our staff forum, as a prize is used, we deduct it from our thread. The problem comes when people donate rooms full of furniture, where we have to use screenshots which means we can not recall what has and what hasn't been used. Also, if not credits or club sofas, we tend to exchange the donations for rares that people are more likely to want when they win a competition.

Following the comment about the lottery and its credits, you're right, and it's never crossed my mind because it was won so rarely that the HC was probably from a donation a few years ago. I'll PM Dudedanny123 and ensure that we get the donation note included from now on.

The thread you linked to, I personally currently use to thank the user as and when I receive the donation as this was how it was used when I arrived. Once again, the whole problem of screenshots comes into my mind when I think about displaying the donations in the first post and thanking when used.

The thread I linked to, hasn't been used in over two years :S http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=137420
Not sure why you would need a screenshot, since only rares get a mention. But if you have it under control, then good.

Oh a 112 that's quite a few still, and had I thought it was less, I may of been tempted to donate again ;)

I will say, the Competitions Department does have the best visable list of donations, just wish we could see how they are used without too much difficulty.

H0BJ0B
26-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Sorry, not that thread, there's a new one in the same forum for 2008.

Christmas is quite busy for me at the moment, so I may look into doing that next year.

MissAlice
27-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Sorry, not that thread, there's a new one in the same forum for 2008.

Christmas is quite busy for me at the moment, so I may look into doing that next year.

That's a positive reply, thanks :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!