PDA

View Full Version : Anime Tekkonkinkreet

Nemo
26-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Chris im dispointed! Thats gotta be the 2nd thing you've ever referred to me that i disliked.

White and black, right, what are they? Random kids with mega-powers.

The assassins and the guy who controls them? Whats the point? to turn the city into a kid park OMGOMGOMOMG TWISTZ. =/

The only good thing about that was when white seperated from black and he went crazy and the end bit (which somewhat made me scared since i was watching it alone, at night, in the dark at 1am) but yeah.

Chris chris chris, im disapointed.

Earthquake
26-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Whats with the obsession with anime anyway? isn't it for nerds? :S

Edited by Johno! (Forum Moderator): Please do not create troll posts.

Nemo
26-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Ermm no mr.troll. Theres no obsession with it, its just a type of program.

Also why must you say everything is for nerds? Oh sorry i forgot you're mega-hard coz u go drinking and smoke. SORRY MATE.

PaulMacC
26-11-2008, 05:04 PM
TTGL is the only good thing Chris has recommended.

Neversoft
26-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Tekkonkinkreet is an amazing movie. It's very well scripted, the story is excellent, the characters were very well developed and you have to respect the style! Plus two things you have disliked out of about ten isn't bad at all. :8 You sicken me.

You kids ask for recommendations but then tell me you're disappointed, no more recommendations from me! And Paul you moron, the only thing I recommended you was Claymore, and you liked that. :evil:

Edited by Johno! (Forum Moderator): Please do not create troll posts.

Wow, what a stupid post. Anime is a style of Japanese animation that covers almost every genre possible. Which means it appeals to a huge audience of many different personalities, believe it or not.

Nemo
26-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Tekkonkinkreet is an amazing movie. It's very well scripted, the story is excellent, the characters were very well developed and you have to respect the style! Plus two things you have disliked out of about ten isn't bad at all. :8 You sicken me.

You kids ask for recommendations but then tell me you're disappointed, no more recommendations from me! And Paul you moron, the only thing I recommended you was Claymore, and you liked that. :evil:

Wow, what a stupid post. Anime is a style of Japanese animation that covers almost every genre possible. Which means it appeals to a huge audience of many different personalities, believe it or not.
I wouldnt call it amazing. Now sword of the stranger... now thats amazing.

Neversoft
26-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I wouldnt call it amazing. Now sword of the stranger... now thats amazing.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/purpleslinky/2008/05/27/169846_2.jpg

...and guess who recommend that to you? YEP, ME!!!!!!!! SO QUIT YER MOANING!!!!!!!! Tekkonkinkreet was amazing. Sword of the Stranger was ten times better than amazing.

Nemo
26-11-2008, 08:59 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/purpleslinky/2008/05/27/169846_2.jpg

...and guess who recommend that to you? YEP, ME!!!!!!!! SO QUIT YER MOANING!!!!!!!! Tekkonkinkreet was amazing. Sword of the Stranger was ten times better than amazing.
Whats so good about it? =/ Theres nothing that gives it that OMG factor..

Neversoft
26-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Whats so good about it? =/ Theres nothing that gives it that OMG factor..

Are you so simple minded that you didn't pay attention to anything at all in the film? It didn't win Japan's Academy Award for Animation for nothing. There is an anime movie that comes along once a year that raises the bar for an amazing production even higher, Tekkonkinkreet was one of those movies. The year after that The Girl Who Leapt Through Time came along and raised it even high, and then the year after that Sword of the Stranger came along and defined an amazing movie. Tekkonkinkreet may be far from Sword of the Stranger standards, but it's also far from disappointing. Firstly, Tekkonkinkreet is one of the most visually stunning anime films to date, I don't know if you noticed any of the shots of the city? Not to mention the action sequences. It set the standard for how something new in the anime industry should be done. The story may seem quite simple, and maybe even stupid to some, but at the end of the day it's another tale of two brothers, and it works amazingly. Also look deeper at the story and the world the film is set in and notice how imaginative it is. The character development was good, and in my opinion Tekkonkinkreet has one of the saddest character deaths ever committed to anime. It manages to capture your feelings and truly make you feel sad for the character, which believe it or not, is a tough thing to do in movies. The conclusion to Tekkonkinkreet was both fascinating and satisfying, and actually felt like it ended right. Yeah, not everyone is going to like this movie, but whether they like it or not doesn't hide the fact that actually, it is a very good film. Are you trying to compare it to Sword of the Stranger too much, or did you just not pay attention? I've told you what's good about it, now you tell me what's bad about it.

Nemo
26-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Are you so simple minded that you didn't pay attention to anything at all in the film? It didn't win Japan's Academy Award for Animation for nothing. There is an anime movie that comes along once a year that raises the bar for an amazing production even higher, Tekkonkinkreet was one of those movies. The year after that The Girl Who Leapt Through Time came along and raised it even high, and then the year after that Sword of the Stranger came along and defined an amazing movie. Tekkonkinkreet may be far from Sword of the Stranger standards, but it's also far from disappointing. Firstly, Tekkonkinkreet is one of the most visually stunning anime films to date, I don't know if you noticed any of the shots of the city? Not to mention the action sequences. It set the standard for how something new in the anime industry should be done. The story may seem quite simple, and maybe even stupid to some, but at the end of the day it's another tale of two brothers, and it works amazingly. Also look deeper at the story and the world the film is set in and notice how imaginative it is. The character development was good, and in my opinion Tekkonkinkreet has one of the saddest character deaths ever committed to anime. It manages to capture your feelings and truly make you feel sad for the character, which believe it or not, is a tough thing to do in movies. The conclusion to Tekkonkinkreet was both fascinating and satisfying, and actually felt like it ended right. Yeah, not everyone is going to like this movie, but whether they like it or not doesn't hide the fact that actually, it is a very good film. Are you trying to compare it to Sword of the Stranger too much, or did you just not pay attention? I've told you what's good about it, now you tell me what's bad about it.
The story is just TOO simple for my liking, thats enough reason to dislike it. There was just ONE thing that i liked and that was when they were seperated and black went nuts

Neversoft
26-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Fair enough, you can dislike it if you want, but by fact, it is an all around good movie.

Nemo
27-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Fair enough, you can dislike it if you want, but by fact, it is an all around good movie.
Perhaps next time you can refer me something good >=]

Neversoft
27-11-2008, 12:18 AM
If you don't like Tekkonkinkreet then there is no hope for you I'm afraid. You'll have to die a horrible, painful, anime-less death.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!