PDA

View Full Version : Whether or not to ask a girl out?

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Ok, so I know i'm scared of rejection, but when i'm up to it, i have on question.

Should I ask a girl i like out whether i know if she likes me or not?

bo$$
28-11-2008, 03:07 AM
People will probably say you should wait until you know whether or not she likes you, but honestly, I'd just ask her out. If you're worried about the rejection then don't worry about you, you'll get over it. At least you know that you took the chance and that's that. Plus, you'll knoew whether she likes you or not ;)

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 03:19 AM
ok, but if i tell her i like her ... should i do it in person or like in a text? because i heard that when girls get asked questions like that in person they feel like on the spot or cornered and dont know what to do and feel weird. i know it shows confidence but still..

Trinity
28-11-2008, 04:14 AM
ok, but if i tell her i like her ... should i do it in person or like in a text? because i heard that when girls get asked questions like that in person they feel like on the spot or cornered and dont know what to do and feel weird. i know it shows confidence but still..

Just ask her, but don't do it through text, it makes you look like a coward.

28-11-2008, 04:16 AM
do it in person.
its kinda sad to do it in text tbh

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 04:24 AM
how should i bring it up in person?

Trinity
28-11-2008, 04:26 AM
how should i bring it up in person?

It's pretty straight forward, just ask her out, stop worrying about it.

RedStratocas
28-11-2008, 04:52 AM
It's pretty straight forward, just ask her out, stop worrying about it.

yeah for real. dont think, do. sounds dumb but you really have to stop thinking too much. not thinking about it makes it so much easier and once its done you feel so much better.

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 05:10 AM
yeah for real. dont think, do. sounds dumb but you really have to stop thinking too much. not thinking about it makes it so much easier and once its done you feel so much better.

so try not to think about it if i do it?

RedStratocas
28-11-2008, 02:30 PM
so try not to think about it if i do it?

... yeah? lol, thats basically what i said, yeah. youre thinking too much into it, youre thinking about all the consequences if she says no or all the bad things that could happen. just ask her out, dont even think about anything else.

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 04:21 PM
... yeah? lol, thats basically what i said, yeah. youre thinking too much into it, youre thinking about all the consequences if she says no or all the bad things that could happen. just ask her out, dont even think about anything else.
alright, thanks.
this is ive just never really had a relationship or first kiss (aint worried too much about the kissing part haha) but yeah i wish i wouldnt get rejected the first time.

RedStratocas
28-11-2008, 04:41 PM
alright, thanks.
this is ive just never really had a relationship or first kiss (aint worried too much about the kissing part haha) but yeah i wish i wouldnt get rejected the first time.

dont even think about getting rejected. cause it doesnt matter. its better knowing that she doesnt want to than not knowing at all.

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 04:44 PM
dont even think about getting rejected. cause it doesnt matter. its better knowing that she doesnt want to than not knowing at all.
you've got a point, thanks. ima talk to her more so ill have higher chances hehe. then ill do it probably

e5
28-11-2008, 04:50 PM
People will probably say you should wait until you know whether or not she likes you, but honestly, I'd just ask her out. If you're worried about the rejection then don't worry about you, you'll get over it. At least you know that you took the chance and that's that. Plus, you'll knoew whether she likes you or not ;)
It'll scar him for lifeee

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 04:55 PM
It'll scar him for lifeee
huh? that was pretty pointless.

RedStratocas
28-11-2008, 04:58 PM
you've got a point, thanks. ima talk to her more so ill have higher chances hehe. then ill do it probably

good idea but dont hesitate on asking either. one mistake a lot of guys make is thinking that you have to know a girl really well, and she has to know you, in order to start dating. i started dating my girlfriend only a few days after meeting her and having only one or two conversations with her and we've been together a year.

but this might ease your mind: girls like to be asked out. it's like a compliment. even if they have a boyfriend or just dont wanna go out with you, they're still flattered just by being asked.

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 05:06 PM
good idea but dont hesitate on asking either. one mistake a lot of guys make is thinking that you have to know a girl really well, and she has to know you, in order to start dating. i started dating my girlfriend only a few days after meeting her and having only one or two conversations with her and we've been together a year.

but this might ease your mind: girls like to be asked out. it's like a compliment. even if they have a boyfriend or just dont wanna go out with you, they're still flattered just by being asked.
dang man you've been really helpful haha this is giving me a whole nother mindset on asking girls out.. ive known this girl for a couple years, we've liked each other several times.

reeana
28-11-2008, 05:10 PM
get to know her, so you're great mates then ask her. If you're rejected just laugh it off - because you're great mates you'll still be friends.

RedStratocas
28-11-2008, 05:15 PM
dang man you've been really helpful haha this is giving me a whole nother mindset on asking girls out.. ive known this girl for a couple years, we've liked each other several times.

then you're good dude. a lot (some would even say the majority) of girls don't like asking guys out, they wait until the guy does it. just the fact that you know she's liked at one point should ease your mind a lot.

graffiti
28-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Invite her round her house and tell her you really like her and say you want to go out with her.

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 06:20 PM
then you're good dude. a lot (some would even say the majority) of girls don't like asking guys out, they wait until the guy does it. just the fact that you know she's liked at one point should ease your mind a lot.
actually several points haha we liked each other a couple times too, but i was really really dumb not to ask her out when i know she would've said yes. im not gonna do that again, if i find out she likes me, im gonna ask her out asap. yes it eases my mind because i know i have a chance unlike some girls ya know lol

kuzkasate
28-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Do it. If your nervous maybe text her but she might not like that because you didnt say directly to her face. But yes, give it a go.

jesus
28-11-2008, 06:41 PM
only do it if you have the confidence

if not and she says yes, it will probably be a disaster

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 09:17 PM
only do it if you have the confidence

if not and she says yes, it will probably be a disaster
what do you mean?

.Zi
28-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Just ask her, I did and it worked. :)

but it depends if you like her, if its just one of those phases you go through and don't really like her then don't if you really like her do it. Try not to think about it though, you think and sweat etc.

Phreedom
28-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Just ask her, I did and it worked. :)

but it depends if you like her, if its just one of those phases you go through and don't really like her then don't if you really like her do it. Try not to think about it though, you think and sweat etc.

i really do like her.... as i've said, i've liked her several times, i don't think it's just a phase. I liked her for a few months at one time i think.. maybe twice.

jesus
29-11-2008, 05:48 PM
what do you mean?if you aren't confident enough to ask her out, you probably won't be confident with anything you do together (making the next move and all that). probably.

RedStratocas
29-11-2008, 06:44 PM
if you aren't confident enough to ask her out, you probably won't be confident with anything you do together (making the next move and all that). probably.

naw, not at all. asking out is the hardest part, after that everything's pretty easy actually.

chantellehugs
29-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Most people tend to dwell on it, which can sometimes make you more nervous. If you suddenly have a burst of confidence or you happen to be alone, you should do it then. If she says yes you'll be on top of the world. If you think she may say no, do it on the last day of school before a holiday, so you'll have the holiday to forget about it. Or be happy about it if she says yes.
Tip: Don't whisper it in her ear, because the chances are she won't hear or understand you. This guy did that to me once and I was like "Huh?" and he got all nervous and then everyone looked so he just said "Nothing, I'll tell you later" it was only after that I realised what he'd actually said.

Trinity
29-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Asked her yet?

Phreedom
30-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Asked her yet?
taking it slow. working on talking to her more, then gonna ask her.

Trinity
30-11-2008, 06:27 AM
taking it slow. working on talking to her more, then gonna ask her.

Just ask her, before it's too late.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!