PDA

View Full Version : Removing Post Count In Forum Games

Mint
28-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I've thought about it and cannot think of any reasons to back up removing the post count in forum games. So what if loads of people like to post there and maybe get a bigger post count, that is up to them. Users posting a lot in the forum games isn't exactly doing anyone any harm, is it? I personally think that removing the post count from forum games is just being strict. It's a forum for younger people that want to come on and enjoy themselves and you have to be so serious about something as stupid as post count. Don't move this to the complaints section because it isn't a complaint and I don't like to complain about Habbox either. I just think that it is really pointless to do this, if people think that having a bigger post count makes them better then so what? Removing it is basically like saying "Having a bigger post count is better and it is to easy to get a big post count with the forum games so we are going to remove post counts from that section", so really you are saying that having a big post count is good and you don't want them to have a big one. Judging by another thread in the feedback, I can sense that you might be removing post count from the welcome/leaving thread. :rolleyes:

The Professor
28-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I've thought about it and cannot think of any reasons to back up removing the post count in forum games. So what if loads of people like to post there and maybe get a bigger post count, that is up to them. Users posting a lot in the forum games isn't exactly doing anyone any harm, is it? I personally think that removing the post count from forum games is just being strict. It's a forum for younger people that want to come on and enjoy themselves and you have to be so serious about something as stupid as post count. Don't move this to the complaints section because it isn't a complaint and I don't like to complain about Habbox either. I just think that it is really pointless to do this, if people think that having a bigger post count makes them better then so what? Removing it is basically like saying "Having a bigger post count is better and it is to easy to get a big post count with the forum games so we are going to remove post counts from that section", so really you are saying that having a big post count is good and you don't want them to have a big one. Judging by another thread in the feedback, I can sense that you might be removing post count from the welcome/leaving thread. :rolleyes:

The points highlighted in bold point out the reasons so elagantly it's almost like you put them there on purpose ;)

Firstly, what is wrong with being strict on a forum for younger people? If members were mature enough to be given the responsibility to use that forum for a bit of light entertainment there wouldn't have been a problem. Unfortunately they aren't, so we can't. The same thing goes for moderation; notice how there are around 15 moderators, on "adult forums" (I use the term sparingly as there aren't too many) there are maybe four or five for a forum this size because they simply aren't needed. But we're digressing.

The second point in bold is the ultimate self-contradictory statement. If it's so unimportant, why have you felt the need to write a long essay about it? And why is it such a big deal, the core functionality is still there, you can still go there and play games, and in fact the rules are far more relaxed now there's no post count to worry about. It would appear you're more bothered about it than you make out to be.

And as for the final bold bit, there are no plans atm ;)

Either way, the decision was made based on a poll where the majority of members saw the issue and voted to fix it. You can please some of the people some of the time...

Mint
28-11-2008, 08:44 PM
The points highlighted in bold point out the reasons so elagantly it's almost like you put them there on purpose ;)

Firstly, what is wrong with being strict on a forum for younger people? If members were mature enough to be given the responsibility to use that forum for a bit of light entertainment there wouldn't have been a problem. Unfortunately they aren't, so we can't. The same thing goes for moderation; notice how there are around 15 moderators, on "adult forums" (I use the term sparingly as there aren't too many) there are maybe four or five for a forum this size because they simply aren't needed. But we're digressing.

The second point in bold is the ultimate self-contradictory statement. If it's so unimportant, why have you felt the need to write a long essay about it? And why is it such a big deal, the core functionality is still there, you can still go there and play games, and in fact the rules are far more relaxed now there's no post count to worry about. It would appear you're more bothered about it than you make out to be.

And as for the final bold bit, there are no plans atm ;)

Either way, the decision was made based on a poll where the majority of members saw the issue and voted to fix it. You can please some of the people some of the time...
Well yeh I voted for the post count to be removed but today when I thought about it I just couldn't see any sense in it. :)

Ohirian
28-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Also, different User ranks are given for when you achieve a set amount of posts. If you are technically just 'spamming', you are achieving posts but in no way contributing to the forum, a poll was set up and Habbox went on the majority decision, which was to remove post count.

Also, about the younger members issue, surely it doesn't matter that the posts count has been removed. They can still have fun in the forum, surely just because the post count has been removed, doesn't mean everyones going to lose interest.

nvrspk4
29-11-2008, 10:13 AM
You get privileges based on your post count, the privileges being construed as a benefit to the community. So post counts should be constructive.

Well yeh I voted for the post count to be removed but today when I thought about it I just couldn't see any sense in it. :)

With all due respect you should use your vote more carefully :P

Decode
29-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Post counts are not important.

Mint
29-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Post counts are not important.

To be perfectly honest I did forget that user ranks are decided by post counts so spamming all of your posts for a better user rank isn't really that fair. If it wasn't for user ranks, I will still be against it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!