PDA

View Full Version : What's happening about global warming and climate change?

Ash♥
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
George bush has made it clear he doesn't really care *much* about climate change or global warming, even though it is a serious problem. What do you think about climate change & global warming (or other changes in the world like sea level rises)?

Butcher11
04-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Personally, I think that it's going to happen eventually, and we can't just stop oil and natural gas production, both of which take up our whole lives (95% of things we use have oil based things in them).
It's not that he doesn't care, it's that there isn't that much to do about it?
A few solar powered cars won't stop people from buying much cheaper gas cars.

Matty
04-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm not bothered about it being hot, fossil fuels running out is an issue, as we rely most on them.

Corey777
04-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Personally, I think that it's going to happen eventually, and we can't just stop oil and natural gas production, both of which take up our whole lives (95% of things we use have oil based things in them).
Actually, there is a lot that we can do. Even if we reduce the use of fossil fuels etc., it helps as there are other natural and man-made things that help clean our air. PM's and presidents spend a lot of money cleaning the air; millions. Also, since the holes in the ozone layer started appearing, scientists are actually finding ways to "clone" the ozone layer, which would mean that we could possibly patch it up.

Ash♥
05-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Yes we can help stop or slow down global warming. We can slow it all down by throwing away less rubbish (recycle), use less energy in our homes, make sure your car is well tuned and so much more. Don't forget global warming will affect our life styles, it will be difficult for farmers and will cause the sea to rise; causing more floods. The thing that worries me is that, climate change could affect the gulf stream and if it does then the UK's blanket will be gone. We will be as cold as iceland says BBC news. :eusa_sick

Ash♥
06-07-2005, 02:11 AM

Happen eventually? It already is happening.

Edited by Corey777 (Forum Moderator): Please don’t double post, simply edit your previous post.

BlueTails
06-07-2005, 06:45 AM
We Need To Stop This Gasses, Global Warming Is Far Too Bad Now, Its Time To Take Action And Save What We Can

Ash♥
06-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I know, most people are using too much energy aswell. :/

Mentor
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
We need to put more work in to swiching are primary fule sorces to those wich are renable, and become less reliant on the old fossil fules, wich will run out soon anyway, if we swich to a cleaner primary fule sorce the problems will be solved without any major impacts on the genral populations life styles "/

Fraz-man
08-07-2005, 08:01 PM
It wont happen in our lifetime, its non of our concern...
*sits back in chairs and relaxes* :$

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!