PDA

View Full Version : Habbo UK, Lowest character limit for names?

toxic
29-11-2008, 03:41 PM
So i was just browsing the other Hotels, which i rarely do and noticed something a bit silly.

Habbo UK allow you to have 13 characters/letters when registering your name, i've always accepted this as standard. But i've just noticed that the other hotels are allowed 20+ o_O?

Why would they have different limits for different hotels? There surely can't be a good reason for us having the least, if anything we should have the most - considering we are one of the most popular and probably have the most usernames registered. A Greater character limit would make for more choice of new usernames.

Sarah
29-11-2008, 03:44 PM
maybe in there language there names could be longer?
example: name in english could be like bob, but in finnish could be twice as long just to mean bob.. if you get me? LOL.

Immenseman
29-11-2008, 03:45 PM
because uk is better.

hatred
29-11-2008, 03:46 PM
because they have names such as ahuifehofreugreghdndfg

Mint
29-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Because they have names like Mohammed Kazukizzy Sanjif so they need more space.

Immenseman
29-11-2008, 04:11 PM

& the UK doesn't... lol?!

mlp16
29-11-2008, 04:34 PM

So does the UK..

toxic
29-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I Laughed at the examples of foreign people having longer names.

@Mint - Everyone has long names when you use your full name like you gave as an example.. But the majority of people don't use their full name as their username so no, it surely wouldn't be because of that.

@Transcripts - Twice as long as bob? That's only 6 letters.. lol, most british names are around that length.

Every language has long and short names, we have alot of long names actually. For example; Catherine, William, Elizabeth, Cassandra and Charlotte which are all common names here.

OMGitsHYPE
29-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybe because the other hotels users have really long numbers so like Ross is japanese was like 15 letters? Or people from pakistan having Mohammed which is uber long

e5
29-11-2008, 04:52 PM
because they have names such as ahuifehofreugreghdndfg
Exactly.

zaphod9642
29-11-2008, 05:24 PM
So does the UK..

pure racism tut tut. no seriously though

we were first hotel (werent we?) so we got lots of things wrong + cba to change them

Urnuph
29-11-2008, 06:03 PM
lol zedder example

xBAMitsJAYx = 11 Characters
xBAMitsMOHAMMEDx = 16 Characters

Casio
29-11-2008, 06:45 PM
pure racism tut tut. no seriously though

we were first hotel (werent we?) so we got lots of things wrong + cba to change them

Habbo.fi(nland) was the first hotel :)

Soy
29-11-2008, 07:16 PM
lol zedder example

xBAMitsJAYx = 11 Characters
xBAMitsMOHAMMEDx = 16 Characters

That is true

Mint
29-11-2008, 09:53 PM

Oh my days how could I forget about our Muslim community?

Mint
29-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Oops sorry for the double post.

FiiR3
29-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah Habbo.fi (Kultakala) was the first, i just checked and they have about 20 allowed.. so it isn't because .co.uk is old, .com only allow a few aswell (1-2 more than UK).

Maybe because the other hotels users have really long numbers so like Ross is japanese was like 15 letters? Or people from pakistan having Mohammed which is uber long

Lolol Amazing! Mohammed isn't uber long.. it's only 8 letters, my missus is Charlotte which is a normal British name and is longer than Mohammed!

Ross in Japanese would just be the same as it is in Britain (except the 'r' isn't pronounced the same since English 'r' doesn't exist in Japan) and i can't think of a single Japanese name that is near 15 letters, the longest i can think of is 9, but i can also think of a ton of british names that are 9 aswell and Is there even a pakistan Hotel?

We don't all have uber-long names outside of britain/america! There are tons of foreigners living in britain (including myself) so the "they have longer names" doesn't work anyway and btw every country has short and long names.. the point is just stupid, we don't all change our name to 'Jim' or 'Bob' once we enter britain and we don't all have names like 'edwdosowklcadoadoaxoaoekkyekkykpang' as previously implied.. :P.

Krusty
29-11-2008, 10:45 PM
that made me LOL.

yeah thats why ^^^^^

Funya Chin
29-11-2008, 11:25 PM
So does the UK..
Way to try and fit in!

Vodge
30-11-2008, 01:38 AM
You used to be able to have longer names, but for some reason they made it a lower limit in 05 when people used to put a bunch of invisible characters in front of a famous persons name to make an exact clone.

Mint
30-11-2008, 02:32 AM
I think Habbo is racist, they are trying to stop foreigners from joining up. Like does Mohammad-Hussain fit? Because 99.9% of them in England are called that, + when that name is taken, they need to start adding random things. Habbo is stopping them from creating accounts. Bunch of F'ing racists!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!