PDA

View Full Version : PROOF! Scripting is to blame..

04Jack04
29-11-2008, 08:00 PM
For the recent disabling in trading etc here is the proof:

http://www.habbo.com.sg/articles/885-dont-panic-business-as-usual

ok.

DannyyTBH.
29-11-2008, 08:02 PM
i love it .com not .co.uk ;l
but still thanks for the info and someone will say the elfs decided to flick the switch for trade off or summits stupid

Immenseman
29-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Nice to see some hotels actually say what's happening rather than treating us like idiots. Habbo UK will come up with something along the lines of "the bunnies ran rampant again" and it just isn't funny.

04Jack04
29-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice to see some hotels actually say what's happening rather than treating us like idiots. Habbo UK will come up with something along the lines of "the bunnies ran rampant again" and it just isn't funny.

LOL at that the bunnies ran rampant again but yh Ino wot u mean but Bucho6 is in charge what you expect, aye.

Immenseman
29-11-2008, 08:04 PM
You can't blame one guy, lol!

Kevin
29-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I think it's decent for once that there telling the truth, and not bull

Doritos
29-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Other sites:

We've had to disable all of these features, because of scripters.. that continue to exploit them.

Habbo UK:

Oooo! It's the christmas season, and we've always stressed giving is better then receiving! The elfs have tripped the switches to the trading system!

Use this time and all your bunny magic to donate furni into other Habbo's rooms!

Arron
29-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I think it's decent for once that there telling the truth, and not bull

Yeah I agree. So is this happening to all hotels?

TopManTim
29-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Can someone please c+p the article (+rep), as whenever i go onto a habbo site, no matter what page or hotel, it doesn't load.

Nick.
The UK hotel is saying that it is because of malicious programs... :S
@TopManTim, UK Article:

Different software, scripts and browser plug-ins are being advertised in Habbo.
They may come in form of fun gadget or tool or other seemingly useful thing.
These programs include plug-ins / add-ons, .exe-, .xpi-files.
You should never install these programs.
They are very dangerous as they will steal your username and password and send them forward to unknown individuals who in turn will steal your furni and scam your account.
There are no safe Habbo editing or altering programs!
**TRADING AND CAMERAS HAVE BEEN DISABLED FOR THE TIME BEING**
Bucho6

LoveToStack
atleast .com.sg said MAY comprimise your PC while .co.uk say ono even looking at someone using the program will cause your system32 folder to delete itself and disable your interwebs for life. The article is as aforementioned, much more professional than the crap they feed the babies on our hotel.

Arron
29-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Can someone please c+p the article (+rep), as whenever i go onto a habbo site, no matter what page or hotel, it doesn't load.

Important Habbo security information!
By now, most Habbos will have noticed that certain Habbo activities are not currently available, including:
– trading
– buying furni as a gift for your friend
– placing furni in other Habbos' rooms
– deleting rooms
– taking and viewing photos
Photos that have been put in the wall of your Habbo room may also appear to be invisible. Please be assured that they're still there, even if you can see them.
It might look like fun to try to do odd things in Habbo. But when another Habbo urges you to install programs to alter Habbo. what they're not telling you is that doing these things causes Habbo to lag and be slow for you and other Habbos. They also don't tell you that installing these programs may compromise your Habbo account and result in your stuff being scammed.
All these problems are occurring because of mischievous Habbos using third-party software to attack Habbo and make it unusable for Habbos like you. To keep our Habbos safe, we've had to disable certain services.
The tech Habbos are working on resolving these problems as soon as possible. Please be patient while we fix these problems.

.SG article.

Casio
29-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Here is the full article

Important Habbo security information!
By now, most Habbos will have noticed that certain Habbo activities are not currently available, including:
– trading
– buying furni as a gift for your friend
– placing furni in other Habbos' rooms
– deleting rooms
– taking and viewing photos
Photos that have been put in the wall of your Habbo room may also appear to be invisible. Please be assured that they're still there, even if you can see them.
It might look like fun to try to do odd things in Habbo. But when another Habbo urges you to install programs to alter Habbo. what they're not telling you is that doing these things causes Habbo to lag and be slow for you and other Habbos. They also don't tell you that installing these programs may compromise your Habbo account and result in your stuff being scammed.
All these problems are occurring because of mischievous Habbos using third-party software to attack Habbo and make it unusable for Habbos like you. To keep our Habbos safe, we've had to disable certain services.
The tech Habbos are working on resolving these problems as soon as possible. Please be patient while we fix these problems.
Read more about keeping your account safe » (http://www.habbo.com.sg/articles/884-scam-alert)
Thank you for your patience.
Appledoe, Hotel Manager

ElliottThompson
29-11-2008, 11:30 PM
SOM have managed to single handedly ruin habbo for a weekend, maybe longer ;S

O and habbos encryption will be harder than ever to patch with this new .xpi program matt made, and even if they do, the raw data within h-c means that habbo is going to be forever ******

Frisky
29-11-2008, 11:55 PM
For the recent disabling in trading etc here is the proof:

http://www.habbo.com.sg/articles/885-dont-panic-business-as-usual

ok.

We all knew scripting was to blame.
We don't need 'proof' it was literally right infront of us.

dannyboymed
30-11-2008, 03:13 AM
We all knew scripting was to blame.
We don't need 'proof' it was literally right infront of us.

The point is not that we needed proof really. It's that .sg doesn't treat it's members like babies.

I say we all go to .com.sg.

MrGazet
30-11-2008, 07:14 AM
good find.no wonder habbo been lagging like hell

kreechin
30-11-2008, 07:47 AM
tbh bucho6 is to blame for everything even the global echonomic crisis...yeee

Black_Apalachi
30-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Erm, I know nothing on the subject, but it amazes me that at version 1 million, Habbo is still this insercure?

What would happen if you took version 7-ish (in terms of features basically), and applied all of today's security, would it be better or no different?

I mean, get rid of all the modern rubbish they've added or "improved" and just make it how it was (let's face it, that's what anyone with an opinion wants), but as it's all much more basic, wouldn't it be easier to protect?

Just a thought, possibly infinitly inaccurate :P.

Ardemax
30-11-2008, 10:02 AM
well habbo is facing facts... the world and habbo were better 7 years ago.
and who are these "1337" scripters spending all their time on the computer making everyone's lives hell?
habbo will patch it, i think you'll find they're smarter than 12 yr olds :rolleyes:

e5
30-11-2008, 10:10 AM
i love it .com not .co.uk ;l
but still thanks for the info and someone will say the elfs decided to flick the switch for trade off or summits stupid
Thought we already knew this?

stereotype10
30-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Personal i thought the new pixels were causing the lag and maintences but after reading that i have doubts on my idea.

AgnesIO
30-11-2008, 10:53 AM
What a name :P 'Appledoe' The .sg HM :P

Anyway nice to know they actually tell the truth :rolleyes:

luce
30-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Wrong section but yea i think we all knew it was idc really

mlp16
30-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks For the info! This was done couple months back too if i remember..

:Act
30-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I like the fact that .sg actually tells their users what the problem is
I had no idea scripters were running around LOL

And you just know UK Staff will say summat like "Greggers sat on the trade function and it went splat and so we got the Habbo Fix-It Elves to mend it over the weekend."

Just say it as it is. Feels like a bloomin' dictatorship.
I wanna know the facts.

Hazza
30-11-2008, 10:47 PM
LOLLL! I hate it when they do things like that... "Frank pressed the wrong switch again and then wouldn't move"... It's like, we aren't five anymore.

Anywho, good find mate :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!