PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying a MacBook?

Funya Chin
30-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking about buying one, however, I'm wondering whether it's actually worth the expense because it is significantly more than a laptop. I want to know what exactly the differences are considering the price gap. I need a new laptop considering this one is literally falling apart and I would like to know more information etc.

Thanks.

Agnostic Bear
30-11-2008, 02:54 PM
You're paying for a nice looking laptop and an OS, both OS will do pretty much the same thing. If you really want Apple get the MacBook, if you want Windows get a ThinkPad.

Funya Chin
30-11-2008, 02:57 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking - it's just more for less/the same?

Hayd93
30-11-2008, 03:00 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking - it's just more for less/the same?

Mac is quite alot different but in a good way, Most things are different on mac everything from installing a program all the way to launching programs.

Myself i think mac's are worth it, the build quality is amazing and looks fantastic. also the OS its self is very stylish and is very modern and up to date.

Funya Chin
30-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Mac is quite alot different but in a good way, Most things are different on mac everything from installing a program all the way to launching programs.

Myself i think mac's are worth it, the build quality is amazing and looks fantastic. also the OS its self is very stylish and is very modern and up to date.
So, in a way, I'd be paying £300 extra for a pretty machine?

Recursion
30-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Short answer: Yes.

lolwut
30-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Personally, I don't think Mac's are worth what you pay...
Yes, they're good looking. Yes, they're reliable. Yes, they're rugged. Yes, they are of a very high general quality. But, they're overpriced.

On the other hand, I have 3 Mac's. And no Windows machines.

Why? Because Windows sucks more than Leopard. Most people who use Windows would prefer Mac. Most Mac users like their Mac's. I personally don't, but then again I don't like Windows or Linux either, I guess I'm a "every-OS-sucks" kinda guy. :)

Final verdict: Go for it. What's the worst that can happen?

Funya Chin
30-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm fond of the hardware more than the software part of the Mac so hearing that you think the OS is better than Windows I think I might go for it. I'll be paying monthly anyway so money isn't really a problem.

lolwut
30-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm fond of the hardware more than the software part of the Mac so hearing that you think the OS is better than Windows I think I might go for it. I'll be paying monthly anyway so money isn't really a problem.
Well if money is little/no object then go for it.
However, like I said; All OSes Suck. But OS X sucks the least. :)

Nick.
30-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't go down the Pay Monthly route, definately not. Just save up until you can actually buy it then it will be yours and no one can take it away from you, paying monthly adds about £100-£200 to the laptop price.

Funya Chin
30-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I know about that, I also know about fluctuation and such, I'm happy with that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!