PDA

View Full Version : Giving Reputation

Mint
30-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm sure that this has been brought up numerous times before but nothing has ever come out of it, so I'm going to try again. :)

When you rep people you have to rep a further 50 people to be able to rep the same person again. So if you gave a few people some rep that actually deserve it then wanted to rep one of there posts a few days later, you wouldn't be able to. So then you have to start handing out pointless rep to people that don't deserve it. So it would probably work much better if instead you had to wait 5 days to rep the same person again rather than going on some massive pointless rep spree. The reason why I say 5 days is because if you repped 10 people a day (10 is the limit) for 5 days, you would then be able to rep the same person again. So by doing it this way, you could rep the same person every 5 days without having to give out a load of pointless rep.

I hope you can understand what I am saying.

Discuss! :)

jrh2002
30-11-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm sure that this has been brought up numerous times before but nothing has ever come out of it, so I'm going to try again. :)

When you rep people you have to rep a further 50 people to be able to rep the same person again. So if you gave a few people some rep that actually deserve it then wanted to rep one of there posts a few days later, you wouldn't be able to. So then you have to start handing out pointless rep to people that don't deserve it. So it would probably work much better if instead you had to wait 5 days to rep the same person again rather than going on some massive pointless rep spree. The reason why I say 5 days is because if you repped 10 people a day (10 is the limit) for 5 days, you would then be able to rep the same person again. So by doing it this way, you could rep the same person every 5 days without having to give out a load of pointless rep.

I hope you can understand what I am saying.

Discuss! :)

I think you have said all that needs to be said :) +Rep for another great post :eusa_clap

Edit: I will have to +Rep some random posts so I can then give this post the rep it deserves. :8

Yonder
30-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Lol id rep you but need to spread my rep -.-

Decode
30-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I have suggested this many times before, but the responce is usally "the rep system works how it is so theres no need to change it".

Jordy
30-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I have noticed a recent increase in repping recently, there's been a lot more going around (Also of the negative sort) and I've tried to rep more and more people to get it flowing again but it's still a rather dead system as there's not 50 decent people on this forum that deserve positive reputation :P

kk.
30-11-2008, 09:33 PM
omg i cant rep either lol

i think another thig needing to be brought up is this thread: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=125368

seems like no-one is going through it and sorting it out and if someone doesnt soon then itll all get back logged

i think a reasonable amount is about 15- 20

Alex3213
30-11-2008, 09:37 PM
OMG I have to spread as well -.-!

I think 20 is alright, if anything 25 maximum... because I give rep once every week or something? I don't give it unless it's a good post, but some people are say great at graphics and I can't rep them the second time round because not many other people are worthy of my rep unless I pointlessly give it out.

kk.
30-11-2008, 09:38 PM
worthy of my rep lmaoo!!

Yonder
30-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I rep once in a blue moon. So i think it should be like Mint suggested, you could only rep each person twice a week or something.

kk.
30-11-2008, 11:20 PM
i dont think that there is an option for that. It has to be able to be set in the permissions and i think its a specified amount

Mint
01-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for agreeing with me guys. :)

nvrspk4
01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I agree, and I like your idea. Problem is, the way vBulletin works it can't be done. This is something that if we could find a safe mod for we might consider installing it.

Blinger1
01-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I agree with the pointlessly negative repping, look at my last five or six :rolleyes:

http://www.habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Habbo Mail Is Broken. 01-12-2008 10:33 AM *******
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Habbo Today 26-11-2008 12:31 AM Why be ******? =/
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif christmas, what to get... 24-11-2008 11:16 PM LOL ur jokes
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Emo chicks, 22-11-2008 04:35 AM nasty picture - no need to post stuff like that even in spoilers
http://www.habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Emo chicks, 21-11-2008 01:00 PM I say positive things when positive things are needed to be said, which is not usual around the D&D forums - Dentafrice

Mint
01-12-2008, 10:06 PM
I agree, and I like your idea. Problem is, the way vBulletin works it can't be done. This is something that if we could find a safe mod for we might consider installing it.

Great, I know safety always comes first when it comes to hacks. ;)

Ohirian
01-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Great, I know safety always comes first when it comes to hacks. ;)

Another great idea Alex, I would + Rep but I need to spread :(

[Jay]
02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Rep is dead no one ever gives it anymore....
I usually find that i give rep to the same people alot as there is not alot of people on the rs-subforum, so i have to spread as well and i do usually just end up giving pointless rep to those who i dont even know and dont even deserve it, to +rep those that do.
The change you mentioned would be good.
*Removed*

Edit by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Please do not be rude about habbox staff.

Mint
05-12-2008, 12:46 AM

Found any safe mods for it yet?

nvrspk4
05-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Found any safe mods for it yet?

Nope, unless I'm terrible at looking. Feel free to check as well if you want, I could just be searching silly things.

Mint
05-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Nope, unless I'm terrible at looking. Feel free to check as well if you want, I could just be searching silly things.

Found a few reputation related mods but nothing in the lines of what we're looking for. I'll carry on looking though.

jackass
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
No one reps anymore since it got changed.

But yeah, the spread thing is silly.

Mint
05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
No one reps anymore since it got changed.

But yeah, the spread thing is silly.

Since it changed? So what did it use to be like?

jackass
05-12-2008, 05:21 PM

People used to rep...

Nereo
05-12-2008, 05:31 PM

It used to be easier to gain more rep power then it got stupid :P

Yonder
10-12-2008, 03:48 AM

Jin is god.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!