PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson C902

Frisky
01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Anyone wanna comment on one of these? :)

I'm thinking of getting one seeing as they've gone down in price

Good phone?

I was thinking about getting it in red from Play.com because it's the only place i can find that does it in red (pay as you go; unlocked) (except the vodafone website). So does anyone know any other sites or have and comments on this phone before i buy it ? :)

Hazza
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Its a good phone for the camera etc. but the content on Sony Ericssons can get a bit dull, especially if you've got a Sony now.

Frisky
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Well i've read alot of reviews, so many people said it freezes and it crashes.. like literally every comment on the reviews complains about it.. hmm!

I'm not sure :(

I would get the C905 but its £309 quid

Hazza
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
I would keep looking before jumping to conclusions, how much have you got to spend?

Frisky
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
roughly £200
i need to sort it out over next two weeks.

and i love Sony Ericssons :(

You
02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I've had my c902 since it was released, I've only had one error on it where I had to reinstall the phones software but apart from that it's been working perfect!

Frisky
02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I've had my c902 since it was released, I've only had one error on it where I had to reinstall the phones software but apart from that it's been working perfect!

Yeah i also read if you update the firmware everything is fine.

But i dunno.. ima go read abit more ;)

Titch
02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
DONT GET IT!

i got one, it buggered up, sent it back got new one, it buggered up, sent back and got a new one nd wat a suprise, it broke.

They are pooop!

Recursion
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Update the firmware then.

RyanDOT
02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Latest Sony phones break too easily...

Hazza
02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah that is true. I know a lot of people who have Sonys and have failed badly. If you are looking around for other phones I would recommend LG and Samsung :)

Frisky
03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah that is true. I know a lot of people who have Sonys and have failed badly. If you are looking around for other phones I would recommend LG and Samsung :)

Whats the
LG U990 Viewty

like? :)

dooes anyone know?

Hazza
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes, Viewty's are a very common phone and they are very good (about 4 of my mates have one and none ever complain).

It is a phone I would recommend. :)

Nick.
03-12-2008, 10:20 PM
i was really worried but decided to take the plunge and I'm glad I did. Camera quality is not amazing, but is nice for quick snaps.

The firmware never went dodgy for me :S but there was an update anyway and it still works perfectly, I would recommend it for a nice and skinny phone. It's deffo a stunner.

Frisky
04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
i was really worried but decided to take the plunge and I'm glad I did. Camera quality is not amazing, but is nice for quick snaps.

The firmware never went dodgy for me :S but there was an update anyway and it still works perfectly, I would recommend it for a nice and skinny phone. It's deffo a stunner.

Im guessing it updates when you get it (the firmware)?

You
04-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I have a mate who just got the c905, he's had 3 phones within 3 days as they kept breaking, lol. It's just the software for the phone isn't realiable when they're first released. C902 is still the best SE phone out ATM, until c905 has finished it's teething problems.

Frisky
04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Ahh..

See im thinking now I wanna get the C905 because it has good camera and wifi, which is basically all i want. (Unless anyone wants to suggest a cheaper phone for me? :))

I think I might get it, depending on what you've just said above^^

Recursion
04-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Have a look at the Nokia N96

Frisky
04-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Have a look at the Nokia N96

Too expensive!
I'm banking on a Pay as you Go phone :P

300 tops

awelsh
04-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Does look extrememly good for the price :)

Most SE phones have software problems to begin, my w810i constantly messes up, text massages change themselves, things fail to send etc... But SE phones have by far the best operating system on them, so easy to use and theyr always nice graphic wise :) the problems ive had might just be becuase my phones been through a load of rough times. But none of that would put me off getting another SE phone :) apart from the fact I wont becuause I need a walkman model with a flash on the camera, which no new ones seem to have -.-

Frisky
04-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Does look extrememly good for the price :)

Most SE phones have software problems to begin, my w810i constantly messes up, text massages change themselves, things fail to send etc... But SE phones have by far the best operating system on them, so easy to use and theyr always nice graphic wise :) the problems ive had might just be becuase my phones been through a load of rough times. But none of that would put me off getting another SE phone :) apart from the fact I wont becuause I need a walkman model with a flash on the camera, which no new ones seem to have -.-

C905 has flash :P

and... guys.. if you get a Wifi phone, does it cost to use the internet?

DJ-AD!
05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
WiFi enables you to access your wireless netowrk at home(if you have a router) so technically its free but you still have to pay your home broadband.

I would recomend looking at the HTC phones you can get a good one for about £250
The LG Viewty i personally believe is rubbish and so do many of my friends one of my friends have it and throws it at brick walls because he hates it so much.
Despite phones saying they are only pay monthly they still work with a Pay as you go Sim but you can only buy from the Network provider if you have a contract. So try buying from Individual distributors.

Frisky
06-12-2008, 06:45 PM
So basically it's free.. If i went to a free wi-fi hotspot for e.g. in McDonalds and then just connected, it wouldnt cost me a penny :)?

WiFi enables you to access your wireless netowrk at home(if you have a router) so technically its free but you still have to pay your home broadband.

I would recomend looking at the HTC phones you can get a good one for about £250
The LG Viewty i personally believe is rubbish and so do many of my friends one of my friends have it and throws it at brick walls because he hates it so much.
Despite phones saying they are only pay monthly they still work with a Pay as you go Sim but you can only buy from the Network provider if you have a contract. So try buying from Individual distributors.

and what phones at HTC are £250?

today
06-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I have a mate who just got the c905, he's had 3 phones within 3 days as they kept breaking, lol. It's just the software for the phone isn't realiable when they're first released. C902 is still the best SE phone out ATM, until c905 has finished it's teething problems.
Ditto, i've had two C905 phones, both broke, awaiting my third now. :'(

Frisky
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Ditto, i've had two C905 phones, both broke, awaiting my third now. :'(

Yeah but is that because your buying an early model?

Hazza
07-12-2008, 06:58 PM
My nextdoor neighbour has got the C905 and its' already broke within a month. Speakers gone.

today
07-12-2008, 06:59 PM
My nextdoor neighbour has got the C905 and its' already broke within a month. Speakers gone.
That's what happened to mine, twice lol.

Major bug with c905 atm, either a faulty batch or something but speakers die within two weeks roughly

Frisky
07-12-2008, 09:43 PM
That's what happened to mine, twice lol.

Major bug with c905 atm, either a faulty batch or something but speakers die within two weeks roughly

I think i might wait after christmas then :x

Surely they'd fix this?

Hazza
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
They'd have to haver a re-call on all of them, longggg. :x
Its certainly put me off this phone, LG Renoir ftw.

today
07-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I think i might wait after christmas then :x

Surely they'd fix this?
Well yeah if you send it off they'll fix it but due to i have Ins with CPW my first one broke within 5 days (speakers went) they sent out a replacement (28 day thingy) so it didnt make no difference, second one broke the other day, awaiting them to send me another one now.

It all works minus the speaker when making phone calls (Media player works fine!) Unless i use loudspeaker to phone people, i cant hear nothing..

3rd time lucky maybe?

Other then that, it is simply a pure amazing phone and well worth the money, or contract.

Frisky
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Well yeah if you send it off they'll fix it but due to i have Ins with CPW my first one broke within 5 days (speakers went) they sent out a replacement (28 day thingy) so it didnt make no difference, second one broke the other day, awaiting them to send me another one now.

It all works minus the speaker when making phone calls (Media player works fine!) Unless i use loudspeaker to phone people, i cant hear nothing..

3rd time lucky maybe?

Other then that, it is simply a pure amazing phone and well worth the money, or contract.

Thanks for all the help guys. My plan is to buy the LG Renior on pay&go just after Christmas when the sales are around. ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!