PDA

View Full Version : macbook pro problem!

Rockstar
03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok so i am getting stuck on the grey screen at the circle loading gear and managed to get into the disk utility to check to Hard Drive and the MAC HD and try to verify the disk and I get the following
"FIRST AID FAILED"
Disk Utility stopped verifyiying Mac HD because the followng error was encountered

FIle system verify or repair failed

HELP pls do I have to do a clean installl do you think

Agnostic Bear
03-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok so i am getting stuck on the grey screen at the circle loading gear and managed to get into the disk utility to check to Hard Drive and the MAC HD and try to verify the disk and I get the following
"FIRST AID FAILED"
Disk Utility stopped verifyiying Mac HD because the followng error was encountered

FIle system verify or repair failed

HELP pls do I have to do a clean installl do you think

No, pop your OS X disc in, head to the recovery / bootup and run disk utility and click the boot disc then click "Repair Permissions".

I'd imagine that'll do the trick.

Recursion
03-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Nothing ever goes wrong with a Mac eh

Not trying to start an argument here.

Nick.
03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Nothing ever goes wrong with a Mac eh

Not trying to start an argument here.
Where has anyone ever said something like that on this forum? :S

I suggest doing what Jew said, however if that fails restore from Time Machine backup if you have one.

lolwut
06-12-2008, 02:52 AM
It looks to me like you could try doing a restore from Time Machine backup if you've got one, else try to do what Jew said. If that fails, use Disk Utility and wipe the HDD (or don't if you can't be bothered) and reinstall your version of OS X.

Wait... Is it Leopard you're having problems with? If you're upgrading to Leopard, did you pay for it or is it nulled as nulled OS X installs are commonly corrupt in some way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!