PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch

Decode
03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm getting the new iPod touch for Christmas. How ever I heard that it wasn't jailbreakable. Is this ture? It too late to change the order to the old Touch if it isn't but I was just wondering.

Thanks.

Trinity
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Yep it's true, no jailbreak for 2G yet, that's why I'm waiting for a bit to see if anything is released before I decide if I want the 1G or 2G.

Dentafrice
04-12-2008, 09:28 PM
I just got the 2G. Doesn't matter to me about jailbreaking, if it is able to be jailbroken in the future, at least I'll have the 2nd gen ;P

Trinity
04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I just got the 2G. Doesn't matter to me about jailbreaking, if it is able to be jailbroken in the future, at least I'll have the 2nd gen ;P

Caleb's back <3
Is the 2G still worth it without jailbreak? I'll go buy it tomorrow if it is.

Dentafrice
04-12-2008, 09:48 PM
In my opinion it is.

I don't really care about customizing mine.. big whoop? You can change iPod to something else.

I've found a lot of free apps.. that are pretty fun.. and keeps me entertained throughout the day.

I think it's worth it.. for what I paid for it.

I've had fun playing Tap Tap Revenge and Checkers, while listening to Josh Turner ^_^.

The app store has a lot of pretty neat apps, I've found a lot of free ones on it.. that turned out pretty good.

Doritos
04-12-2008, 09:52 PM
In my opinion it is.

I don't really care about customizing mine.. big whoop? You can change iPod to something else.

I've found a lot of free apps.. that are pretty fun.. and keeps me entertained throughout the day.

I've had fun playing Tap Tap Revenge and Checkers, while listening to Josh Turner ^_^.

The app store has a lot of pretty neat apps, I've found a lot of free ones on it.. that turned out pretty good.
Yeah because we had to stand in line for 5 and a half hours to get ONE! For $229.. and then we go on Apple.com to realize they have them on sale for $208..

With free shipping.. and free engraving..

What good ideas you have :rolleyes:

Dentafrice
04-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Well I personally thought it was going to be a good idea, and we were going to get a good deal.

We did meet a few hot chicks though.. haha!

All in all Trinity.. it's worth it I think.. I love mine :) The headphones that come with it suck though.

Trinity
04-12-2008, 09:59 PM
In my opinion it is.

Yeah there are some decent free apps, but I've seen much better paid ones.

Yeah because we had to stand in line for 5 and a half hours to get ONE! For $229.. and then we go on Apple.com to realize they have them on sale for $208..

With free shipping.. and free engraving..

What good ideas you have :rolleyes:

Haha :)
I was looking at the free engraving, but then I realised that I could get one from where my mum works, then use the money I saved by using her staff discount to pay to have it engraved. Works out much cheaper :)

Edit:

Well I personally thought it was going to be a good idea, and we were going to get a good deal.

We did meet a few hot chicks though.. haha!

All in all Trinity.. it's worth it I think.. I love mine :) The headphones that come with it suck though.

That settles it then, I'll buy the 2G tomorrow. Or maybe next week, depending on when I can be bothered going into town.
And if I ever need a jailbroken ipod touch, I could always buy the 1G aswell. I'm sure people won't mind if I don't buy them christmas presents :)

Dentafrice
04-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah there are some decent free apps, but I've seen much better paid ones.

Haha :)
I was looking at the free engraving, but then I realised that I could get one from where my mum works, then use the money I saved by using her staff discount to pay to have it engraved. Works out much cheaper :)

Yeah there are some nice paid ones.. I wouldn't waste money on it though.

I'll probably take maybe $20 of my Christmas bonus and buy an iTunes card.. that way if I ever do decide to buy something.. I can just buy it with that credit.

I mean, nothing wrong with $0.99 here and there.. or $2.99 a few times..

That way my credit card isn't going to get piled up with itunes ****.

Yeah the free engraving wasn't as great as I thought.. it's pretty tiny on the back.

It was free though, so it didn't add on the price, so I was happy.

I ordered it saturday morning.. and it got here Tuesday at 4PM with free shipping.

Monday:

China -> Alaska
Alaska -> Indiana

Tuesday:

Indiana -> Greer, South Carolina
Greer -> Asheville, NC
Asheville -> My house.

Antallica
04-12-2008, 10:09 PM
They are brilliant. I have so much knowledge of them now that ive done a project on em at school haha.
done a brilliant advert for one. :D

Dentafrice
04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
They are brilliant. I have so much knowledge of them now that ive done a project on em at school haha.
done a brilliant advert for one. :D
I just wish I could use the sideways keyboard in most places.. and not that tiny one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!