PDA

View Full Version : NEW SITE PANEL

UniqueHabbo
04-12-2008, 08:10 AM
First off, I don't know if I'm selling it, keeping it, using it, releasing it etc, so don't ask me 'how much' or 'release it PLEASEEE'.

Now, this is a new site panel I've been working on for a while. Although it's far from complete, I would like some feedback, please!

You can find it here. (http://josh.bradhost.co.uk/)

You may have noticed the Demo account can not access the Housekeeping section. All I can do is apologize and tell you why. The Housekeeping area is identical to the Management Area, with 2 exceptions. Add user and edit user.

Add user.
On the Management page, you can add a user with access to Community, Events and Media. However, on the Housekeeping add user, you can add a management member, access to polls and other areas.

Edit user.
Same as above really. On the Management page, you can give additional ranks/take ranks. On the Housekeeping page, you have the option to add the new ranks to the account.

I do ask that you do not remove the account 'Josh' though. Although 'Louco' is the root admin account (no, it can't be deleted) I do prefer to use 'Josh' and it's just easier not to go on Louco to re-add the account. Also, please don't just add/remove loads of accounts, it's pointless. I've given you access to them to show you, not for you to act like a 4 year old with a gun and your grandparents!

NO DJ PANEL?
I know, the site I was making it for didn't require it. If I was to sell it I guess I could always add it in at a later date.

FEATURES MISSING/WRONG CONTENT?
Yes, some pages (like management) might say the wrong text (such as community) that's because I simply c+p then edited the pages. Doesn't really matter I guess for the demo.

I also know there's a lack of features. I just completed integrating it into the layout, not had time to add them in.

Finally, thanks to Iszak for helping!

SO....................... COMMENTS? :)

Luke
04-12-2008, 08:18 AM
That's actually very good sof ar, looking forward to seeing it finished ;)

Wd +rep

UniqueHabbo
04-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Haha, thanks.
I don't think that will be any time soon, but just wanted some comments to see if it was worth it lol.

Cheers for comment! :)

UniqueHabbo
04-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Sorry, couldn't edit.

THE NEW SITE PANEL CAN BE FOUND HERE. (http://josh.bradhost.co.uk)

This one will be updated as I go along really lol. You can now access the management page on it too.

Protege
04-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Addicted to fieldsets 8-)

Looking good, not sure about the navigation seems confusing.

UniqueHabbo
04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
People are saying that, but how confusing can it be?

I am: Homepage
I click: Community
I am: Community page
I click: Community Staff
I am: Community Staff page
I click: Community Area
I am: Community Area
I click: Homepage
I am: Homepage

not cunfusing?? :s

Protege
04-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Well if more that oneperson is saying its confusing - it is, you made it so you understand the concept of it and what you said "I am I click" that just confused me even more...

UniqueHabbo
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Well if more that oneperson is saying its confusing - it is, you made it so you understand the concept of it and what you said "I am I click" that just confused me even more...

Well, he and someone else said it.

Seads
04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
That link goes to clubhabbo?

UniqueHabbo
04-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I took it down sorry.

If you'd like to view it in it's early stages, the http://renny.geekion.com link is still available.

Meti
04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
It looks allright.
I think username and password boxes should be in the same Legend.

L?KE
04-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Lol sort out the fieldsets. The login is horrible imo :(

UniqueHabbo
05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't know any alternatives to fieldsets lmao :(

And what makes the login not appeal to you?

UPDATE: Demo account re-added :)

Jackboy
05-12-2008, 10:46 PM
i dnt like it

HabbDance
05-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't like, the whole left side? Including the navigation. I think the login is nice, but as said maybe user and pass in the same fieldset.

Javascrypt
06-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Well done! Congrats!

GoldenMerc
06-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I like well done.

UniqueHabbo
06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
i dnt like it
Maybe explain why?

Jackboy
06-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Maybe explain why?

Well the design is good, although <legend> is abused hehe :)

But the thing that confuses me is how the pages work. I click whatever, both frames change and im just like "wth" coz i tried to edit one of the pages or w/e...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!