PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Power

Mint
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I think that the amount of rep points needed per rep power should be lowered. I know this would mean that the ones with the high rep power now would have even more but there are loads of people with a rep power of about 1-3. So if more people have low rep powers, it's going to take more of them to get yourself to the next rep power, just as it will for them if you get me. With rep not being given as much as it should, I think that management could make it a tad bit easier to gain rep power. Do you think so too?

camera
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
personally i dont care for rep :)

Meti
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I love my rep.
I just got my 4th rep box :)
Good idea!

Kardan
05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Nope, people are starting to get above 20 rep power, meaning the rep power:rep points is going to be risen before it gets any lower.

Titch
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
hmmm i agreee.

Con
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
As Kardan said about the Rep Power to Rep points, it will get higher before lower.

Plus, it has been changed once already, it should really just stay as it is.
The only thing you get from rep power is the amount of rep you can give/take anyway?
:)

Immenseman
05-12-2008, 05:07 PM
They won't make it higher again, well I doubt they would very much. It's fine as it is although I think it's hard to move rep powers.

Mint
05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
As Kardan said about the Rep Power to Rep points, it will get higher before lower.

Plus, it has been changed once already, it should really just stay as it is.
The only thing you get from rep power is the amount of rep you can give/take anyway?
:)
Yeh but when you do a good post and you get maybe 1 +rep from someone (as not that many people rep anymore) the rep power of the person that repped you is usually very low.

Reflex
05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Its fine how it is tbf. Reputation doesn't matter to me.

FlyingJesus
05-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I AGREE BECAUSE I HAVE LOTS OF REP LOL

Nah but seriously rep's pretty much dead now, it won't be revived

Mint
05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I AGREE BECAUSE I HAVE LOTS OF REP LOL

Nah but seriously rep's pretty much dead now, it won't be revived

Yeh and because rep is dead, it needs to be made easier to advance in rep!!

[Jay]
05-12-2008, 09:26 PM
The thing with making rep easier is people well get high rep easier and abuse thier rep power.

Mint
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
;5363343']The thing with making rep easier is people well get high rep easier and abuse thier rep power.

I'm sure there is a mod to make it so when a user -reps another user, only half of their rep power is inflicted onto them.

Kardan
05-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm sure there is a mod to make it so when a user -reps another user, only half of their rep power is inflicted onto them.

He doesn't mean abused by giving -reps, but abused by giving +reps.

Before the change was implemented a year or so back, people had rep powers of around 50. And IIRC, you got a rep power with 100 rep points. So all you needed was two members to +rep you, and you had another rep power. This meant that everyone's rep power just boosted out of control.

If you make it easier, it'll just speed up this process and it will only be bought back down again.

deeveeNoh
05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
That already happens.

Sammeth.
05-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I think the rep system is fine as it is at the moment. The only thing I would really want to see get changed is the amount of people you have to rep before you can rep someone else. It used to be 20 I think, which is a tad too little. I'm not sure about the technicalities behind that though :P!

JackBuddy
05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I think the rep system is fine as it is at the moment. The only thing I would really want to see get changed is the amount of people you have to rep before you can rep someone else. It used to be 20 I think, which is a tad too little. I'm not sure about the technicalities behind that though :P!
too little?!

FlyingJesus
05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
;5363343']The thing with making rep easier is people well get high rep easier and abuse thier rep power.

He doesn't mean abused by giving -reps, but abused by giving +reps.

Before the change was implemented a year or so back, people had rep powers of around 50. And IIRC, you got a rep power with 100 rep points. So all you needed was two members to +rep you, and you had another rep power. This meant that everyone's rep power just boosted out of control.

If you make it easier, it'll just speed up this process and it will only be bought back down again.

Ain't abuse, we were just helping friends :):) lol

Was good for user-moderation tbh, like if someone needed to be gotten rid of or taken down a peg or two it could be done because people actually cared about rep, but no I do think it's a dead issue now

Sammeth.
06-12-2008, 12:14 AM
too little?!

Yeah! :P I think 25-30 would be good. Nothing too little, but nothing too huge either.

le harry
06-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Could not care less for it now haha, at first I was all for making it easier to get rep etc etc but it seems nobody really cares about it anymore (with exceptions) so there ain't any point

Alkaz
06-12-2008, 02:24 AM
It would better if you could rep more people each day and didnt have to rep so many people before you could rep again. (50 now I think)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!